Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ohh my...back in the days when we was strong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like it
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

You both have sick ass cars lol.

This is what I've been seeing with the CB scene:
      1) Lot of us our older and married and have kids and a house, so money and time is an issue.
      2) Lot of us are moving onto newer more reliable and bigger cars to fit family.
      3) Less young people in the scene than old, but the young are working on their cars.
      4) A lot of the young members don't know about meets, or how to make them.
      5) Or people are getting faster cars or better race built chassis like a Skyline for example.

It may never ever be like it was before...here.
      Have you guys seen Malaysia, HMRC?
      They have the largest CB7 meets I've EVER seen.

These guys are on TV, local TV.

We need to rally together and make simple meets.
      With purpose, with things to do. For maybe less money since times are tough these days.

That's my .02.
      Current:
      2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
      1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
      1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

That's the way to do it. People always show up for meets. When I wasn't able to drive I stopped organizing the meets because I couldn't go and things started falling apart. But whenever I call people up they're ready to go.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Hahahaha. I miss that Florida vs Cali feud. Lol. On the reals though, chill people. Hahahaha. This is also why many choose not to come on the forum as much. I know it's the Internet, but many people on here also build friendship. Yo Pr, your coupe is clean man. No doubt! All props you. Keep doing what you doing.

But you gotta admit, Cali did have some really nice rides back then.
          And
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

really sucks to see the site slow down, since competition was motivation, i guess everyone dropping out means slowly the CB scene will cease
            im sorry i did get a little exited there, because for the first time i can have my cake and eat it too

i have a house, a shit ton of more bills than what i had last year, i still havent finished paying my school, and i still have time and extra money to put in the car, yet you see my car and the only part you see in the 4 digits is in the 3 piece gewalts, which really aint no big deal

it aint rocket science, i built this car for me as you can see, it costs me $200 a month in insurance to keep it on the road on top of tires, gas and the rest

in the end with as much money as i waste into having this car on the road i could have finished paying credit cards and the school, but.... this car is the only thing i have that reminds me of me 3 years ago, the good times, when shit wasnt so fucked up, it means much more than a method of transportation as you can read

there will come a point where i'll sell it but it will be whenever the car serves no purpose
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

^^^ REALLY DUDE?? REALLY????
              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

hold up can someone fill me in on the cali/florida feud? and the more i view this thread the more i think fml for that cb9 i was suppose to get for high school graduation falling through and fml for not having a cb back when so cal cbs were big

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

It was a Cali vs Florida type of bullshit who had the better scene and cars. This was when competition was high and the cars did the talking. Which obviously west coast had the bigger and better scene hands down.

Then the noobs came with no strong passion or desire to keep repping the west/SoCal hard like their forefathers.

Comment

You said Jed! Ditto to you.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                      It was a Cali vs Florida type of bullshit who had the better scene and cars. This was when competition was high and the cars did the talking. Which obviously west coast had the bigger and better scene hands down.

Then the noobs came with no strong passion or desire to keep repping the west/SoCal hard like their forefathers.
                      oh ok i hear ya smh damn noobs always messing shit up guess its time for us new generation cb enthusiast to go hard on our builds and get the scene tight knit

Comment

I'm in some of those pictures!
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

its just the fact the older we get, there are more responsibilities in life than cars now... pretty much why most of the older guys have moved on.
                          You had the sickest 4 door hands down..and then coupe. I'd say you set the bar pretty high back then

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
                          A lot of the new blood isn't willing to put the time or effort into organizing a large meet. Why does it have to fall to the responsibility of the OG guys? The main reason is that there's nobody new to carry on the torch. The drive and determination isn't there anymore. Also you don't need a huge bank account to build a nice car. The majority of the OG's were young kids with no money when they started building their cars and they all looked incredible. Everybody had their own individual style and weren't afraid with trying out new ideas. Nowadays people can't buy an air filter or put on a sticker without having to get a consensus from everyone on the forum.
                          This is true..and I see it lurk around here. Man I remember meeting ATX (founder) for the first and last time such a humble guy that he was during the meet we all just kicked back and hung out at the first CT meet I ever went to.

As we parted ways one of the members thanked him for starting up a forum as big as cb7tuner.com 'Be proud of what you created man' still sticks out in my mind.

Originally posted by Raceboy View Post
                          Why you bringing up old shit?

I had to sell the wagon the other day to pick up a 97 Subaru Legacy wagon, needed something AWD to deal with all this fucking snow. That's life man, I'll have a CB one day again for the 1000th time.
                          Whatever happened to Laguna? He was cool shit and I loved the sedan that he was attempting to build years ago..I know you mentioned he had sold it to you at one point.

maybe i just being a tad biased... but i think this is the cleanest coupe still....

Still is bro. It's floating around Facebook..that mirrored image has everyone fooled that it's an actual RHD.

With that said, at some point yeah it's true you get older and wiser and you start thinking about what's more important. These cars will be around forever..and yeah at one point we were underdogs but you had people who broke the mold.

The few I can think of are:

-Jed with his extreme builds ( I always loved the coupe)
                          -Carlos (Accord SiR) with his neck breaking H22 turboed coupe (first one I ever saw back in 03 when I first joined).
                          -Bille with his custom made front bumper (using an EG coupe lower half and an Accord upper half)
                          -DutchAccord with his custom Porsche brakes and the first EVER rear window visor (before Blizzshade took the forum by storm)

And one that I really remember because he made a story out of it. CpMike and his 7 CB stage

There's been a lot of first's in the community. Basically the OGs(me included) have grown up. Would I drive my car to the ground? : Hell yeah, I put that much effort into my 3rd Accord I was pretty much satisfied although now that I know it needs body work..I'm starting to have second thoughts about it.

Some of us stay some of us go. Even if we sold our CB , we all still stick around the forums.

I hate to say it but it's becoming on par with the Civic/Integra scene..it's getting hard to be different.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                            You had the sickest 4 door hands down..and then coupe. I'd say you set the bar pretty high back then

This is true..and I see it lurk around here. Man I remember meeting ATX (founder) for the first and last time such a humble guy that he was during the meet we all just kicked back and hung out at the first CT meet I ever went to.

As we parted ways one of the members thanked him for starting up a forum as big as cb7tuner.com 'Be proud of what you created man' still sticks out in my mind.

Whatever happened to Laguna? He was cool shit and I loved the sedan that he was attempting to build years ago..I know you mentioned he had sold it to you at one point.

Still is bro. It's floating around Facebook..that mirrored image has everyone fooled that it's an actual RHD.

With that said, at some point yeah it's true you get older and wiser and you start thinking about what's more important. These cars will be around forever..and yeah at one point we were underdogs but you had people who broke the mold.

The few I can think of are:

-Jed with his extreme builds ( I always loved the coupe)
                            -Carlos (Accord SiR) with his neck breaking H22 turboed coupe (first one I ever saw back in 03 when I first joined).
                            -Bille with his custom made front bumper (using an EG coupe lower half and an Accord upper half)
                            -DutchAccord with his custom Porsche brakes and the first EVER rear window visor (before Blizzshade took the forum by storm)

And one that I really remember because he made a story out of it. CpMike and his 7 CB stage

There's been a lot of first's in the community. Basically the OGs(me included) have grown up. Would I drive my car to the ground? : Hell yeah, I put that much effort into my 3rd Accord I was pretty much satisfied although now that I know it needs body work..I'm starting to have second thoughts about it.

Some of us stay some of us go. Even if we sold our CB , we all still stick around the forums.

I hate to say it but it's becoming on par with the Civic/Integra scene..it's getting hard to be different.
                            for us new generation people this post is reason we need to get organized and get serious with our builds now my meets coming up this saturday andd we can all have a word about how were going to do this now as for the accord scene we will never be par with the civic/teg scene theres so much less of us then there are civics and tegs and aftermarket support that isnt complete rice is very hard to find and never really is cheap so no matter what has happened or is happening its time for the new generation to get organized

Comment

I still have Ryan's (Laguna7) old CB, some day i will finish it.

Oh i'd i'd like to add that Joey Lee's (StickyDilJoe) CB7 was one of the sickest back in the day hands down.

SoCal FTW.
                              CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

lol this thread should hav been closed a while ago

Comment

Working...
                                X