Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93_accord_lx
    Your build has been an inspiration, big props to all your work and look to see this car in the toledo area! Keep up the good work
    U need to hit me with your contact info via PM so we can!
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
      How high are you gonna let the tuner spin it up?
      Til it stops making power. Should be done by 9K rpm max.

Comment

F22a at 9,000 rpms= a cure for aids

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
          Congratulations on your wedding as well as the progress on your cb7. May your future be filled with many happily married years of good sex and high reving f22's!
          Well put. Can't get much better than that! Thanks to all of you for the congrats as well.

Anyhow, wedding went VERY well. My family is crazy, some of hers is as well, we all had a great time. It was better than any club I've been to, great music, many people dancing/acting goofy, a lot of laughs with my bro, cousin and sister's boyfriend who were my best man/groomsmen. We got great gifts and a good amount of money, which most will go toward the future purchase of a house/condo. We are in process of finalizing paperwork on a house, but need to approve of some things before we fully commit. I'm not saying we're getting that house, until it's official, we could still bail if we don't like certain things. Most of the family that came are gone, but one cousin is still around for this week, so I don't know if I'll make progress on white. However, after this coming weekend for sure. I also have a friend's wedding this coming weekend and vacation/another wedding to attend end of this month in California.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-22-2008, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I thought this motor was ur wife

It's cool to see that someone who brings so much to the community can have a life beyond it as well. Best wishes to you and the lady man.

Seriously tho try to get that header installed soon....

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Bisimoto header downpipe installed yesterday. Had to remove front dog bone motor mount and drive-side fender. Then, underneath remove front-to-back member and the front cross member had to be lowered. Finally, the downpipe went in.

Also, we verified outside the vehicle that the downpipe does slip-fit onto the upper portion, with a little finesse. It is a bit tricky, but does go on.

Anyhow, upper portion has not been installed on the vehicle.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-23-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                Dope progress, are you the only 1 that has bought a Bisi Header yet from him?
                I'm not the guy to ask obviously. I know I have the first one put on market for F22ax application.

Comment

Cisco congrats on the wedding can't wait to get an update from you and see some pics.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

congrats on the wedding!
                    i donnu about you but a lil over a year ago i was married and priorities change,, and not just because of the wife,,, but because of life. I hope this project does get finished though,, for selfish reasons of course.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

I know I've been slackin to some of you, sorry. Life has just caught up with me is all and been busy with other things as I've said before.

Anyhow, did more work today and finally installed the header. The upper section is fastened to the cylinder head with new exhaust manifold gasket. We managed to slip-fit the lower section to the top (previous work described above this post to fit down-pipe in its appropriate place). Also installed the header expansion springs. After mocking up the front-to-rear cross-member that is under the engine, we determined that a custom down-pipe to rear engine block bracket needs to be made to connect to the existing header bracket to align things properly with no interference. I have about 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearance between down-pipe and oil pan. Another 1/2 inch clearance between down-pipe and frontmost edge of oil pan. We had to notch out the front cross-member some to clear the down-pipe there. I have the donut gasket, donut adapter flange and 3" piping to complete the attachment of header to rest of the 3" exhaust system. However, I need to get a set of donut connection exhaust spring/bolts, which will be ordered tomorrow. I also re-routed the wiring for the alternator to clear the potential heat from upper section of the header. I later have to add some protection to the upper radiator hose area, just to make sure even if it is ceramic-coated.

After the header is completely installed, I still plan to line up a dyno tuning appointment soon afterwards. I have to line up a different trailer to tow the car to the dyno shop, since the previous one I used is being restored and is immobile. This car needs new shocks, but I more than likely will have to wait until early 2009 to purchase those. Other than that, this baby is ready to roll!

Thanks for all the compliments on both this project and my wedding. I also want to thank you all for the motivation to keep this project going, despite all the new things going on in my life. It is interesting how priorities change as you get older and it is more difficult to keep the "love for the game" alive, but I still manage. I think I'll have more "love" after getting the change to drive this car again. Moving the car in and out of the garage, being inside it with my restoration makes me anxious to drive it and I amaze myself in all that I've done with this car, so much work into it.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-11-2008, 01:09 AM.

Comment

im glad to hear that you made more progress. I am anxious to see the final results

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq
                        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                          I amaze myself in all that I've done with this car, so much work into it.
                          man i have the right to be amazed with yourself cause everybody here on the site is amazed with all the time and effort that you put into it you got my repect and congrats on the car and your marriage
                          cb7's and three titty women with two vaginas is all we need in life j/k
                          MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

Cisco, so ya its amazin how you have been able to stick with the project for going on 4 years now. Most ppl would have given up or sold it but you have kept up with it congrats. Can't wait to see pictures and finished product. Ill keep you posted on my boot camp stuff.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                              whats up with this car now? IS the wifey keeping you too busy to do anything with it, lol? Im starting to wonder IF its gonna get finished, lol. I thought you would have had it tuned a little while ago and already have some track times by now.
                              sorry dude, but I have to be a hater. lol.
                              Just been busy with life. We still looking at houses, it seems like all these family events been coming up, we were in Chicago last weekend. On top of that, I've been very busy at work, sometimes staying over. I'm down to the last part of the header. Then, I need to locate a trailer, since the one I previously used is immobile.

The car will get done. My goal is to get it driveable before winter. Probably not going to get as much mileage accumulated as I thought, but that can wait until next year. Heck, I'll be excited to see it sitting in the garage of our potential new house! No, I'm not selling it or planning on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                                So what does the wife think of all this? Obviously she had to know before hand...just curious...fellow newly married car guy to fellow nmcg
                                She knew I was into cars before I was married, but when we were dating if you remember I dropped the ball on the project to spend more time with her. Anyways, time goes by and I tell her, I'm going to finish my project and therefore go into what I call "project mode" (if you recall, where I bust a$$ and do a lot of crap in short time...hence my 2 projects). Needless to say, she realized then how much of a car nut I am and has realized at any car show we've been to or when I talk cars with anyone. Heck, even getting CB7 tech line calls, as I call them from fellow members and helping them out. I also have done many repairs on family cars (her sister, her bro-in-law, her mother, my sister, my father, my brother, etc.) She sees how some people in my family annoy/depend on me to help them out on their Hondas. Anyhow, she loves it and hates it. She loves that I'm useful, passionate and knowledgeable in this area, but at the same time sometimes wanter "her time" with me and gets annoyed by it, if it takes away from this time. Overall, we good, she's trying to be more patient and understanding. She is supportive of my projects and have helped fund them with money gifts here and there, bought the CD headunit in my red Accord for a past Bday, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X