Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 f22 to f20b swap. harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 f22 to f20b swap. harness?

Looking to swap my wagon but before I start tearing apart I haven't been able to get time to go searching for info. I know the f20 will drop right in. But my question is besides ecu trans and motor what do I do about a harness? Where do you guys find to be a great place to go to get harnesses for your swaps? And if there is other things involved besides a drop in and harness please let me know!!!

-dan

H22A would be a simple answer but search honda tech all u will get on cb7tuner is deeve telling u shit he read from bisis site or honda tech so yea i would google it ? u by pa?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

If you have time to post a thread on this forum you have time to go searching for information.

Here comes the airplane!

For the F20B there is no OBD1 ECU that will plug into your stock harness to run the car. You're stuck with getting a chipped and tuned ECU to run this swap.

Unless that ECU is a P72, you've added IAB functionality to the ECU or you've swapped to a Skunk2/Euro R manifold then you'll have no way of operating the IAB butterflies in the F20B intake manifold. That will need to be addressed.

The mounts are the same with the lone exception of the mount bracket that bolts to the timing side of the engine block. That will need to come from a '92-'96 Prelude with an H22A1/H23A1.

The VTEC solenoid on the F20B is a one wire hook-up because it is a JDM engine and that VTEC solenoid doesn't use a pressure switch. A US VTEC ECU will look for that switch and if it is not present it will throw a CEL and not engage VTEC. You can either swap it for a USDM H22A1/4 VTEC solenoid(B16A/B18C works also) or you can remove the threaded plug and add the necessary switch to it. The switch can be had from any VTEC solenoid in the junkyard, including the extremely common F22B1.

The distributor will need to be modified using internal parts from your Accord distributor or have an OBD1 USDM DOHC distributor purchased. This is external coil like your car and will plug into your harness.

The injectors can be used by cutting off the plug at the injector resistor, combining all those wires into a common join and soldering them. To do this you'll still need the OBD2 pigtails for the injectors. If you don't feel like doing that then you'll need OBD1 H22A injectors which will plug right in.

The wire harness you'll need is the one that comes off of your F22A. Just adapt the wire for the VTEC solenoid, the VTEC oil pressure switch and the IAB wire into the harness and you'll be fine. There are actually sellers on eBay that make subharnesses specifically for this purpose.

If you need clarification on any of this then the information is all over this site. Please search in the future and don't excuse yourself for not having time.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        If you have time to post a thread on this forum you have time to go searching for information.

Here comes the airplane!

For the F20B there is no OBD1 ECU that will plug into your stock harness to run the car. You're stuck with getting a chipped and tuned ECU to run this swap.

Unless that ECU is a P72, you've added IAB functionality to the ECU or you've swapped to a Skunk2/Euro R manifold then you'll have no way of operating the IAB butterflies in the F20B intake manifold. That will need to be addressed.

The mounts are the same with the lone exception of the mount bracket that bolts to the timing side of the engine block. That will need to come from a '92-'96 Prelude with an H22A1/H23A1.

The VTEC solenoid on the F20B is a one wire hook-up because it is a JDM engine and that VTEC solenoid doesn't use a pressure switch. A US VTEC ECU will look for that switch and if it is not present it will throw a CEL and not engage VTEC. You can either swap it for a USDM H22A1/4 VTEC solenoid(B16A/B18C works also) or you can remove the threaded plug and add the necessary switch to it. The switch can be had from any VTEC solenoid in the junkyard, including the extremely common F22B1.

The distributor will need to be modified using internal parts from your Accord distributor or have an OBD1 USDM DOHC distributor purchased. This is external coil like your car and will plug into your harness.

The injectors can be used by cutting off the plug at the injector resistor, combining all those wires into a common join and soldering them. To do this you'll still need the OBD2 pigtails for the injectors. If you don't feel like doing that then you'll need OBD1 H22A injectors which will plug right in.

The wire harness you'll need is the one that comes off of your F22A. Just adapt the wire for the VTEC solenoid, the VTEC oil pressure switch and the IAB wire into the harness and you'll be fine. There are actually sellers on eBay that make subharnesses specifically for this purpose.

If you need clarification on any of this then the information is all over this site. Please search in the future and don't excuse yourself for not having time.

Sorry I didn't search at work it's hard ok get date reception. I work two jobs and have a 10 month old. Forgive me it's not an excuse. I do on ten other hand appreciate the information you have been so kindly to post. Thank you for your efforts to assist me on the way to getting this done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrdanbkidd View Post
          Sorry I didn't search at work it's hard ok get date reception. I work two jobs and have a 10 month old. Forgive me it's not an excuse. I do on ten other hand appreciate the information you have been so kindly to post. Thank you for your efforts to assist me on the way to getting this done.
          i fell ya mine are 3 and 11mnths old,but what jarret said seems legit ty about the vtec selonoid i never understoodwhy no v-tec lol ty brotha
          Originally posted by deevergote
          This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
          i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Working...
          X