CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Forced Induction

Old 07-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
AEM electronic boost controller location

In the generic setup for AEM boost controller (EBC) it looks something like this. Obviously I'm using the 2nd method with the T and the external waste gate. My question is, does it matter where I put the T split?

more specifically......

- Can I put the EBC near the WG with two 6" lines, and a long line back to the intake manifold?
- OR have the electronic boost controller up near the firewall with with two lines running to the EBC

I can't find an answer for this; does the distance matter or can I put the EBC anywhere I choose? (ie - EBC & Lines in the fender)

Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
I would believe that because this is a sealed system (sort of speak), Pascal’s law should apply which is force is exerted the same in all directions. Unless I am just trying to sound smart and I’m dumb. But I do not believe distance changes anything, but having the air flow through the intercooler and other restrictors would. If it did make a difference it would be very minimal.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:25 AM   #3
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
I would believe that because this is a sealed system (sort of speak), Pascalís law should apply which is force is exerted the same in all directions. Unless I am just trying to sound smart and Iím dumb. But I do not believe distance changes anything, but having the air flow through the intercooler and other restrictors would. If it did make a difference it would be very minimal.
Yep, that's what I was thinking. Whether it was 3' or 15' of hose/tubing the PSI will be the same.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #4
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
My harness is being made to fit mine up under my dash. My harness builder is fairly well versed in boosted performance applications and didn't seem to mind. All to say that mine will be a remote location with plenty hose length to contend with.

I wish I could offer you something more scientific than that, but I'm not really to that stage yet.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #5
Raf99
Gold Member

I asked my tuner and he said the shorter the hose the better. Because you want to maintain pressure and have precise on/off points. But for all I know there is a setting in S300 for WG lag to address the delay in the EBC reading the manifold pressure vs. the BOV pressure.

But at the same time I can see using 100' of hose being an issue. But for the distances I would use (no matter what route I take) it's negligible.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #6
turbo90accord
Super Moderator

turbo90accord is cool... so far.
Shorter distance allows for faster boost response. It takes a lot longer to vent 25psi from a 10 foot hose than a 1 foot hose.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
member ride thread
11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "
turbo90accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #7
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo90accord View Post
Shorter distance allows for faster boost response. It takes a lot longer to vent 25psi from a 10 foot hose than a 1 foot hose.
Shorter to the WG I'm assuming.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: