INT:01-05 civic map light (larger)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT:01-05 civic map light (larger)

in this DIY youll learn how to add a maplight from a 01-05 civic LX/EX. the map light they have is brighter than the ones off of other hondas. this is because the whole maplight lights up. not just a little bit.

what youll need...
    roll of wire
    box cutter
    wire cutters
    2 butt connectors
    2 female plugs
    1 loop connector
    extra wire with metal pin from OEM honda plugs

this is what it looks like on the civic...

this is what it looks like out of it...

now youll have to first add an extra pin in the connector of the maplight because when its on the civic it uses the screws it brings to ground it. but we cant uses those screws. so we have to add the extra pin to the empty space in the plug.

next youll have to trace the map light onto the roof. if you have an EX/SE youll have to put it as foward as possible because the sunroof assembly gets in the way. make sure you cut it a bit smaller cuz all thats holding it is the fact that its wedged it there. Ill post the size of the cut later...

now youll have to pull the drivers visor & grab handle off. then remove the cover for the drivers A-pillars off.

next run the wire for the ground through the roof liner. then attach it to the maplight & the other end ground it to the chassis. I chose one of the bolts for the sunroof assembly...

next run the wire for the positive. connect one end to the other wire of the maplight plug, & the other to the empty assesory spots over the fuses in the dash fuse box. I ran the wire through the A-pillar...

if I remember correctly space 5 is constant power, space 3 is power with lights. space 2 & 1 is power at ignition. so you can choose the way to power it. this is the same with the fog harnesses I make...

now enjoy the new mod & how its brighter than the 94-97 maplights...

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Dope, nice job +1 rep for u
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

[QUOTE=Night Wolf;1901545]in this DIY youll learn how to add a maplight from a 01-05 civic LX/EX. the map light they have is brighter than the ones off of other hondas. this is because the whole maplight lights up. not just a little bit.

danm I wish I would have known about this before I put up my 94- 97 maplights.

Do you have more picture from the back seat view?

Great write up

Links to my rides :
      1992 Accord EX*
      1990 Accord EX
      1991 Accord SE (4th)
      1991 Accord SE (3rd)
      1991 Accord SE (2ND)
      1991 Accord SE

Comment

at night?

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

very nice
          just want to add if you want it held tighter than just wedging it you can bend some metal straps easily to screw it on.
          FA1

Comment

cool idea ^^^

Comment

cloth roof ???

awsome job
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
              X