INT: Footwell Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    I would rather tap into whatever powers the overhead light to a relay and go from there... cool mod though
    Yeah I was thinking that too when I was doing my lights. But I've found that this is the easiest way to draw power.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

this would look good on my car, if my car was a show car....
      which is not even close

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
        this would look good on my car, if my car was a show car....
        which is not even close
        You'd be surprised man. I know BMWs have this setup. It adds an air of class to the car. I would like the little lights under the outside door handles too. I am sure there is a tap somewhere under the hood for the roof light.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
          I hope you do. It's a very satisfying addition.
          i am going to do it but instead of a blue light it will be a soft white

Originally posted by visualpoet
          some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Cool, post up some pics when you're done.

Member's Ride Thread

I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

i did this in a somewhat similar way. i bought single blue led's like the ones they use for car alarm lights and mounted them underneath my seat in the rail shining into the footwell. put the switch on the center console close to the tip of the ebrake handle. i ran a constant from my battery with an inline fuse though. they turned out great and really light up the wells. not to much to be distracting though. and i like to see my feet at night especially when i race, gives new meaning to that rap song, check my footwork lol. ill post pics later. posting from the cell fone. very fun diy i must add
              I LOVE My CB7

Comment

I went with putting the lights under my seats... and I used a fuse bus to power them instead. good write up though!

Comment

Great DIY bro. Gonna do this as soon as I order the lights lol.

^^^^^
                  Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
                    Great DIY bro. Gonna do this as soon as I order the lights lol.
                    What lights are you ordering?

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Probably the 9" tubes. Blue.

^^^^^
                      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Awesome.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Great writeup man. I used the cigarette lighter method for power when I installed my 7 color system but I used a splice connector and a different bolt for my ground wire and my system came with an in-line fuse and a controller so I didn't have to deal with as many wires as you did. Since I have an EX I put my lights under my seats and hid the wires in the center console so I can have the controller at hands reach in case the cops are around.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the cigarette lighter a fused circuit? So if you're taking power from it aren't the lights thereby fused?
                          Last edited by Mike1357; 10-17-2009, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                            Great writeup man. I used the cigarette lighter method for power when I installed my 7 color system but I used a splice connector and a different bolt for my ground wire and my system came with an in-line fuse and a controller so I didn't have to deal with as many wires as you did. Since I have an EX I put my lights under my seats and hid the wires in the center console so I can have the controller at hands reach in case the cops are around.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the cigarette lighter a fused circuit? So if you're taking power from it aren't the lights thereby fused?

Ya, i did the same thing. I ran my power off the cig lighter which I don't use, and ran 4 lights and the switch in a serial connection. The switch is installed in the center console by the e-brake. There is a light above the drivers feet, passengers feet, under the passengers seat/drivers seat (pointing backwards to the rear peoples feet). It works great especially since the cig lighter is grounded and fused already.
                            I also run a small line-light (6 foot wire that lights up) around the center console so I can see where I'm putting my coffee. If anyone woule like to see pics, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Ya, i did the same thing. I ran my power off the cig lighter which I don't use, and ran 4 lights and the switch in a serial connection. The switch is installed in the center console by the e-brake. There is a light above the drivers feet, passengers feet, under the passengers seat/drivers seat (pointing backwards to the rear peoples feet). It works great especially since the cig lighter is grounded and fused already.
                              I also run a small line-light (6 foot wire that lights up) around the center console so I can see where I'm putting my coffee. If anyone woule like to see pics, let me know.
                              I'd like to see those pics
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
                                I'd like to see those pics
                                X2

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

Comment

Working...
                                X