X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Fog light Blinkers

Stock bumper Lenses or

2 Fog Lights (any type)
    2 relays* (12v, 30amp got them at an automotive store. There cheap)
    Wire

30 - To device to be turned on
    85 - 12v switch
    86 - Ground
    87 - 12v Constant

1. Mount the fog lights and only ground them

2. Mount the two relays (there small) any place in the engine compartment but, away from any moving parts and alot of heat.

3. Run a fused wire to both of the relays to there constant input from the battery terminal.

4. Now to one relay run a wire from the 12v switched imput to your right corner and splice into to the bulb that blinks off. Do this with the other relay but to the left corner and splice into the same bulb on the opposite side.

5. Run a wire from both of the relays ground imput to a piece of metal or a bolt already on the car.

6. Now run a wire from the accesory imput on the relay to the
    relay that you have the right side corner connected to. This wire goes to the positive wire on the right fog light. Do this to the other side with the other relay.

* Now when ever your headlights or corners are on the foglights will automaticaly be on. And when you use you blinker or hazards they will blink off and on with the stock blinker. This will not speed up or slow down the speed since you are using relays.

(I am not resposible for anything you break!)

Ill post some pics once I take some
    Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 02-14-2004, 02:02 PM.

Nice, btu I see one small problem with this.

Just like when you install an aftermarket alarm they tell you not to hook it to the head lights since they are hologen(sp) so are most fog lights. makign them blink will make the bulb blow quickly.

Also, why would you want your fog lights to blink? Just wondeing. Not trying to knock your how to.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There on most of the time and they just blink off briefly. And why not. You can do this with the bumper lenses to so they will stay on and you can still have your turn signals.
      Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 02-14-2004, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I was thining about converting the stock bumper lights into kinda fog lights.
        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord
            I was thining about converting the stock bumper lights into kinda fog lights.
            explain? like the bumper light conversion? if u are going to put a high watt bulb there dont...it will melt.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I like the conversion and it makes sense, but why don't people just swap the bulb housing from a 92-95 civic. It has 3 wires, the regular 2 like the regular socket but the 3rd one goes to the "hot" corner wire (inside corner). I just think this way is more economical and should provide about the same lighting. Just my 2 pennies.
              No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Originally posted by VRDrvr
                I like the conversion and it makes sense, but why don't people just swap the bulb housing from a 92-95 civic. It has 3 wires, the regular 2 like the regular socket but the 3rd one goes to the "hot" corner wire (inside corner). I just think this way is more economical and should provide about the same lighting. Just my 2 pennies.
                the 1157 bulb conversion is more economical, but the light output isn't the same. with this method, the lower filament is turned on with the parking light while the other blinks. since the lower filament is smaller, the light output is smaller. just wanted to point that out.

i actually used 2 relays on each side of my car for my bumper light conversion, while still using the stock 1156 bulbs. they are bright. it stays on with the parking lights as well as blink.
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

yes, back from the dead. but is this how it's diagramed? i made this to make it easier for other people. I'm just confoosed where 85 (blue) splices to which blinker? the one closer to the headligth or the outer blinking corner?

BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

It goes to the one that blinks off.

Comment

this is what the 1157 socket and bulb conversion looks like tried to just light up a 1156 and melted the lens..........and it does blink with the corner
                      Attached Files
                      F22A1:blew up
                      F22A1/H22:blew up
                      F22A6/H22: " "
                      F22A4/H22: " "
                      H23A1 boosted:blew up
                      H23A1:traded
                      H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
                      FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                        It goes to the one that blinks off.

so is that the one that blinks on and off or the one that just stays on??

oh and got a diagram for this?? or pictures? that would really help alot and thanks!!!

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

Working...
                        X