No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order arrived from STM. Vibrant/STM boost gauge install kit. Vibrant polyethylene 5/16" air line tubing. And Sheridan Engineering ECT sensor pig tail.

I assembled the Sheridan Engineering ECT sensor pig tail. I talked to them personally on another forum and this is what they recommended. They said if done right this is best method and will last forever.

Comment

Raybestos front rotors and Wagner Thermoquiet front pads installed today. Took an hour a piece doing it outside in 21*F weather. Not bad.

Comment

Nice work your doing here. I don't think I could work in that kind of weather, at least not outside.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Being from TX i definitely cannot operate on that type of weather, mid 30's and im calling it a day!
          [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            Nice work your doing here. I don't think I could work in that kind of weather, at least not outside.
            Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
            Being from TX i definitely cannot operate on that type of weather, mid 30's and im calling it a day!
            I don't enjoy it. But once I get something in my head that's all she wrote.

Thanks guys. Really. I hope you both have a wonderful Valentines day!

Comment

You guys... I've been out swapping my rear suspensions between the coupes... Once the sun drops it's down to 9* F or so and I just keep plugging away at it. Great job though on getting this done! Oh and just in case happy Valentines day.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I completed the rear brakes today. They required a bit more work to remove. There are 8 bolts, 4 on each side. Two to each rail and two to each caliper, 6 of them needed to be heated in order to break free. And the rotors needed to be heated a bit and bolts put in the two holes to push the rotors off.

The previous owner had the caliper bolts in the wrong holes and used Duralast brake pads. Not bad but for this I would and did choose something different.

I really did these thoroughly. New bolts, new hardware, new pads and new rotors. Anti seize on every bolt and new high quality grease on the Caliper bolts. I wanted the rear to be set. However I think I've got something going on with the passenger side rear. It's dragging a little I think and the inner pad was wore pretty bad. I'm going to tear back into it before I drive it. I may need a new caliper. But, since I used anti seize it won't be hard like it was this time.

Getting started.

Everything removed. Kinda wild park brake set up. New to me.

New rotor on, was glad to see it go on. Much needed.

The new stuff. Some of it.

Bolts prepped.

And the driver side is done.

Onto the passenger side rear. This was the side giving me issues. It had been dragging ever so slightly for a while. And it still does. I drive the car down the street then back home a parked it to be sure not to damage the new parts.

Showing the breaking out of the heat on this side. Had to be careful not to heat anything up that didn't need to be heated. lol

Got the caliper bolts out.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 02-14-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                  I don't enjoy it. But once I get something in my head that's all she wrote.

Thanks guys. Really. I hope you both have a wonderful Valentines day!
                  Thanks man, to you too!

[QUOTE=Rilas;3266424]You guys... I've been out swapping my rear suspensions between the coupes... Once the sun drops it's down to 9* F or so and I just keep plugging away at it.

Rilas; you being from Montana i would expect you to have a higher torelance to cold than us who live in TX, AZ etc. I have never lived in a place with real cold so i am not used to it at all.

Comment

Nice work The 95-98 Odysseys have the same rear brake setup, braking is disk and ebrake is drum using the hat of the rotor. Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea, the drum brake grabs way harder than the non-hydraulic disk brake like the CB. Since I got my 95 Odyssey it's my new favorite setup

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                      You guys... I've been out swapping my rear suspensions between the coupes... Once the sun drops it's down to 9* F or so and I just keep plugging away at it. Great job though on getting this done! Oh and just in case happy Valentines day.
                      Thanks Rilas! I can't do that cold. That's cold.

The lower part of my face is wind burnt from today. That's what I really can't stand, the wind. Makes me say things I regret saying. Happy Valentines day to you too Rilas, I hope it was a good one for ya.

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                      Nice work The 95-98 Odysseys have the same rear brake setup, braking is disk and ebrake is drum using the hat of the rotor. Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea, the drum brake grabs way harder than the non-hydraulic disk brake like the CB. Since I got my 95 Odyssey it's my new favorite setup
                      It seems like a really innovative design to me. I have never seen nor heard of it prior. I sent a pic to my Dad in Missouri because I knew he would like to see the design as well. Once I got the first rotor off it took me a second to realize what I was looking at. I also like how the park brake system is almost a completely separate system from the primary braking system. All but the inside of the drum hat. Super cool idea. Effective and efficient! And thank you, I greatly appreciate it!

Comment

A couple things that should arrive tomorrow.

The small hole saws are for the firewall. The previous owners used a blind woodpecker to make holes in the firewall for the gauges.

I also didn't like the OBD2 port I ordered some months back. The wire was 24 or 26 gauge and the wiring harness is 18 or maybe 20 gauge, I can't remember. But it just wasn't worth putting on after looking it over real well. So I ordered a port that you put together yourself. And extra pins and such in the kit you see here as I'm not real good with the crimpers yet.

The drill bits are for something else. If you follow my 86 F250 MRT you'll see what they are for in the coming days.

Once I get the holes in the firewall for the gauges I'm going to install a nice fitted grommet for each hole. I'll show a picture of the awful holes in the firewall the day I fix them. They are horrible. Thankfully they are easily fixable.

Comment

I found a complete gasket set for the T25 from RockAuto on sale for $11.27. I also found a turbo manifold to head gasket for $6.43.

I need to pull the turbo and manifold off in order to get to a leak between the turbo manifold and the head. So these will aid in that when I choose to do it.

Comment

I installed the ECT pigtail today. Nice knowing that issue is behind me.

I need some small black wire loom to seal the deal.

The new negative battery terminal and cable was installed today as well. I didn't get to the positive terminal and cable today. You can also see the new interstate Mega Tron battery I bought about a month ago as well. I really like Interstate batteries.

I also preformed a compression test today which turned out remarkable numbers. Very pleased.

Edit, oh yeah, I cut my thumb today doing the negative battery terminal. That's why my thumb is taped up.

-
                            Last edited by H311RA151N; 02-17-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I purchased two new Wagner calipers and rails today for this. As I stated prior, the passenger side rear caliper has an issue which causes it to drag. But, that will be fixed now. This thing should have no problem stopping for a long time.

And, as can be expected with me I went overboard and bought a set of Wagner rear brake hoses as well. They were only $6.00 a piece from RockAuto so I figured what the heck.

I went to the doctor today and him being so freakin cool, gave me at least another two weeks off! I'm so excited and thankful that I have such a good surgeon/doctor. I've got a hole in my stomach that I have to drain daily and put a strip of gauze down in. Painful I'll admit. But it doesn't keep me from working on my toys.

Comment

Hope you get better man, and yeah i always replace rubber hoses on older vehicles just as a preventive measure as well as draining all the old brake fluid out and replacing with new fluid.

Comment

Working...
                                X