Local store cv axle recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local store cv axle recommendation?

ok i got screwed and had to send supposed oem axle back. THere are no oem axles for this car i can find and out of time. I can't wait 10 days for a delivery. SO am stuck buying from local store. Duralast gold(new axle), Napa MaxDrive(new axle), or something else. It really comes down to which part store would be recommended i guess. O'reilly's i think just sell stuff from china. Any opinions.

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    ok i got screwed and had to send supposed oem axle back. THere are no oem axles for this car i can find and out of time. I can't wait 10 days for a delivery. SO am stuck buying from local store. Duralast gold(new axle), Napa MaxDrive(new axle), or something else. It really comes down to which part store would be recommended i guess. O'reilly's i think just sell stuff from china. Any opinions.
    Best option is the one with the best warranty, I know guys that get Autozone axles with lifetime warranties and put them on 500 hp street cars, when they blow one out they simply exchange it.

Comment

most of them give lifetime warranty and i don't necessarily believe that notion. My reman alts are lifetime and never last that long. Next alt i get is going to be oem without a lifetime LIMITED warranty. Anyone got experience with some of these local store brands lack duralast or napa maxdrive line(which i think is a1 cardone)?

Comment

Well I have had a few remans from Autojone (Duralast & Duralast *GOLD*)..
        Wooh fancy Gold...which ended up making the clicking noise about 3 weeks
        after installation lol. I actually still have the Gold on the passenger side because
        I am too lazy to take it back to get a new one.
        I mean the ones from the stores are "okay" that's probably
        why they offer the lifetime warranty because they know these reman axles
        aren't OEM quality. I think they are only like $65.00 as well which would probably be a reflection on quality.

Break it then replace if need be.
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
          Best option is the one with the best warranty, I know guys that get Autozone axles with lifetime warranties and put them on 500 hp street cars, when they blow one out they simply exchange it.
          Haha hell yeah. A lot of my Honda friends with Civics inter change between each other using each other's warranties. They just find a shot axle & use someone's warranty at the store to get a new one lol pretty funny actually.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

The guy at honda store recommended napa axle. Ok so no autozone as i hate to replace shit over and over. NAPA use to be high quality many years ago like alot of other older american stores but not anymore imho. Was your axle reman or new axle. Some stores offer new ones.

Comment

They were remanufactured.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

I've used Autozone axles with success in the past, but I've known plenty of people that had bad luck. Their refurbished parts are often hit or miss (my friend once went through 5 starters before finding one that worked!)

NAPA has always been my go-to for higher quality remanufactured axles. I had a NAPA axle on my CB7 for many, many years. Again, any reman is going to come with some degree of uncertainty. Just get something with a warranty. It'll hold you over for the time being, and you'll be able to replace it at your leisure if it starts to fail. Not ideal... but pretty much the only reasonable option, sadly.

Comment

NAPA new axles are now made in China. I bought some for my Parent's 2003 Sienna and they've been great so far. You can tell the casting is inferior quality but they're working as they should. The OEM ones went 250k before a boot ripped though.

As for me, I've got some Duralast axles in my H22 Swapped CB and I haven't had to swap them out for clicking since I installed them 5-6 yrs back.

Before that, I had some Driveshaft Shop Level 2 400hp axles and I could never get those to work right, something was always off.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

everything is now made in china, even trumps hat that says make america great again.

Comment

the napa maxdrive line axles are a1 cardone axles, i think the same axle autozone sells as duralast gold. I went to napa today and looked at it. Also the box sais made in china. Napa also sales atrium axles from michigan somewhere. I am guessing that is the company detroit axle. Which mostly makes shit i read.China china china, dam, everything effn made in china. Trump is a wackadoodle but i hope he brings back alot of products that could be made here.

Comment

Well, I have never bought anything from NAPA but do they at least have a good warranty on those Axles?

Worst thing that could happen is the axle dies & you return it for a new one.
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
                          Well, I have never bought anything from NAPA but do they at least have a good warranty on those Axles?

Worst thing that could happen is the axle dies & you return it for a new one.
                          everyone has lifetime warranties now on new axles.

There's a company called Phoenix Rack and Axle in Phoenix, AZ that rebuilds only OEM cores, i've used them twice with great success, once on my 96 Odyssey I had and also to rebuild/reboot my OEM axles on my 89 SEI.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

New axle installed. Got it from napa. Job not too hard to do. Took me about 5 hrs total(first time doing it). It barely made it through horseshoe putting it in.That was the biggest pain in ass. Had to lube it up a bit. Next time i think i get an autozone one as i think it is the same as napa and i don't need to keep receipt if i have account. Napa guy told me even with it on my account i still have to keep receipt. That's retarded i think.

Comment

The new axles at Autozone, Oreilly, Napa, and many others are all made by the same company, I used to do R&D for them.
                              Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-03-2018, 02:07 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X