• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dhill_cb7 : 1993 Accord LX

Dhill_cb7: 1993 Accord Lx
    How she sits now:

Back to stock exhaust.

Engine- F22a1-114,600 (8/7/12) 127800 (5/11/15) *Updated 131100 (02/11/16) *updated 06/01/2018 136000.
    Stock except for a SRI
    Red top altima battery

Exterior- Oem visors, foggies(still have but removed), 50/50s, front and rear muds, 5% tint on the rear and 35% on the front two windows.
    After market hood bra acquired from a local junkyard
    Unknown amber corners.

Interior- Oem Floor mats
    Clean besides a few cig burns when I used to smoke cigarettes…
    Wagon compartment

Suspension-stock

Wheels- Stock 14 inch steelies w/ oem hubcaps.
    Acquired 92/93 oem alloys from a junkyard cb9(pics further down the page.)

Audio- All new kenwood speakers (when I bought the car it had one working speaker), kenwood headunit
    Kenwood amp and sub (not installed)

Future Plans- Keep her running forever and learn how to perform basic maintence myself. My whole family asks when will she die They all get new cars and I am content with my cb.

Oldest pic i have from early 09? :

Afer i acquired 50/50s

Foggies

Wag compartment

Thanks for looking everyone! I am always looking for help/to help, so if anyone near by ever needs a hand just hit me up. I also go to junkyards A LOT so let me know if you need me to look for something for you.
    Any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to leave them.
    Last edited by dhill_cb7; 06-02-2018, 12:09 AM.

We finally got a MR thread I see. See she's still looking good. Now we just need to find you some wheels to make her sit a little sexier.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Nice project. Can't wait to see her after you're done
      Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
        Nice project. Can't wait to see her after you're done
        Thanks but she is just a DD for now. Nothing too special. I am a beginner when it comes to cars and i try to learn and do everything on my own. I felt that in the past i have been taken advantage by mechanics who "know" hondas and they just messed my baby up.

Updating a few things like adding the current mileage and a few others.

looking for those rare 14 inch dx/lx accessory rims too...

Comment

So i noticed a little puddle in my garage this morning near the passenger wheel. I smelled it and it is brake fluid.

I noticed after i replaced my axles that the brake pedal went down to the floor. I didn't think anything of it because the brake pedal did not feel the same way it did when the master cylinder was going out. It has regained pressure though, but it is leaking from somewhere.

I topped off the resevoir with brake fluid this morning. I hope to investigate this tomorrow after work.

The inner rim is wet and so it the lower control arm.

I think I may tore a small hole in the brake line. It could also be a boot on the caliper. Not sure guys, it really scares me to drive the car in this shape.

Comment

Fix that ASAP.
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Nice rosewood man, my favorite color!

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
                Nice rosewood man, my favorite color!
                Thanks if i ever get the steering and suspension issues figured out, then i would love to have her repainted oem rosewood. But with school and this being a DD i don't see that happening anytime soon.

I love doing the work myself and learning in the process but it sucks not having any local people or friends that want to help, You know? Or even someone that was more experienced/knowledgable.

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                  Thanks if i ever get the steering and suspension issues figured out, then i would love to have her repainted oem rosewood. But with school and this being a DD i don't see that happening anytime soon.

I love doing the work myself and learning in the process but it sucks not having any local people or friends that want to help, You know? Or even someone that was more experienced/knowledgable.
                  I've planned on redoing the rosewood for mine for about two years now. It's a good color and painting the same color you don't have to worry about door jams and other areas like such.

I hear ya on not having people around for help, it definitely sucks...

So any head way on your suspension?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                  BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                  Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                  CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Hey man long time no update lol. College has started back up and I am to and from West Chester every day.
                    I just ordered from my local auto warehouse (which i just found out supplys pep boys and autozone lol) that they sell pre pressed hubs and bearings with full warranty.
                    122 a piece for both sides. I will get them tommorrow morning. Also the slide pin boots were shot and the strut fork to lower control arm bushings were shot so i ordered them as well.
                    Question?
                    Do i need a press to install the strut fork to lower control arm bushings?

Comment

Well she is still sitting in the garage, i had a shop press the bearings on the hubs and i successfully finished the driver side. I hope to make it later tonight and finish the pass side.
                      I wish i had some friends around here that loved cbs as much as i did, because i love working with other people. I hate working alone incase i screw something up.

In any reguard i spoke to a professor at school about starting up my business and so far so good. He seemed to like the idea. I need to focus on getting my bachelors first then i will focus on becomming ase certified.

Comment

Little update: finished the wheel bearings and rotors. Dropped car off to be inspected. Passed emissions.
                        Failed state... Little 10mm nut broke off of the Cover that protects the UCA nut. And my subfrme bolts(3) are missing. This is the piece where the downpipe attachs to via the rubber hanger.
                        Guess ill be buying a screw extractor set...
                        Idk what to do about the subframe

Rather depressing to say the least.

Comment

Dude that's a real clean starter CB!

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                            Little update: finished the wheel bearings and rotors. Dropped car off to be inspected. Passed emissions.
                            Failed state... Little 10mm nut broke off of the Cover that protects the UCA nut. And my subfrme bolts(3) are missing. This is the piece where the downpipe attachs to via the rubber hanger.
                            Guess ill be buying a screw extractor set...
                            Idk what to do about the subframe

Rather depressing to say the least.
                            Wow, they went over it with a fine tooth comb. Just remove the castle nut cover all together. They were not used on newer Accords, even OEM replacement knuckles don't have them.

How did your crossmember bolts come out? Those bolts are M10 with 1.25 pitch, check at Fastenal or order them. I forget the length.

BTW, my trunk lid from the sedan swap matches your paint color... I have the golden 90-91 grill and golden H and Accord LX logos if you want them.
                            Last edited by wildBill83; 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                              Wow, they went over it with a fine tooth comb. Just remove the castle nut cover all together. They were not used on newer Accords, even OEM replacement knuckles don't have them.

How did your crossmember bolts come out? Those bolts are M10 with 1.25 pitch, check at Fastenal or order them. I forget the length.

BTW, my trunk lid from the sedan swap matches your paint color... I have the golden 90-91 grill and golden H and Accord LX logos if you want them.
                              i took the bolts out to replace the bent front cross member. The junkyard one is too long, that means that my frame is bent somewhere. I am still driving her but i am looking for a wagon to swap everthing over.
                              i am going to throw a new suspension in and also a new steering rack with outers and inner tie rods.

I think i am going to save her no matter what, so what if she eats tires, she has never nagged me or bitched at me

Comment

Working...
                              X