Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 91 LX Coupe...RIP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 91 LX Coupe...RIP?

Hi guys, I've been stalking this forum for a while now, but have not posted much.

I'm an owner of a 1991 CB7 Coupe since April of this year.

I have genuinely had a true love for this car since day one of buying it. It has always been nothing but a pleasure being behind the wheel of a CB7. I patiently waitied for something good to pop up on Craigslist, I was well rewarded. 116k miles, all stock 1991 Honda Accord LX Coupe. Even down to the floormats and hubcaps. I have all the original receipts, a large folder, even with the original advertisement booklet for the model year and original window sticker. The Grandson of the original owners (Grandparents) had passed the car down to him, and he was who I purchased it from for $2000, making me the 3rd owner.

This past weekend I took a corner too fast, and the roads were slick, due to rain. My guardian angel was with me on this early morning, as it was 4AM, and a man was out at this time to pull me out of where I was. I drove home with a messed up car, and a popped drivers side rear tire! I was about 3 miles from my home, and was able to safely park her in my garage.

I'm torn on repairing her, and I do not want to give up yet. I've had big dreams of fixing her up, and have already put several hundred into the vehicle, it would hurt me to let go of her for a measly $300. I haven't gotten the work space or room to store her, so I need so devise of a plan to store her somewhere.. I need to make a j-yard trip and get another set of hands to help me work on her. If anyone is in my area with tips or ideas on j-yards in the 919 area, please let me know!!

Since I work at Jiffy Lube, I have been able to actually look under my car. I'm by no means a car guru, but from what I can see, it is perfect. I haven't had to replace much since the short time of owning it, but took some easy measures to ensure a long lifespan.

What I've done to it since owning it:
    -Replaced motor oil 4 times since April, was currently running half Pennzoil Platinum half Pennzoil High Mileage, 5w-30 respectively. No oil leakage, but build up around the pan.
    -Replaced transmission fluid 3 times within a month and a half, wrote down the intervals in my large folder of receipts, but it is getting late, and I will edit this tomorrow with more information.
    -And of course tire rotation

Parts I've got immedately on hand:
    -I bought a pair of 90-91 tail lights about 2 months back.
    -Just got my taillight replacement gaskets in from Ebay the following Monday after!
    -Window Pin Kit for the rattling window fix (set of 2 for both windows)
    -Bought and installed all amber corner lights on the front end via a set from Ebay, 2 days before the incident. This left me with the OEM corner lights to replace the now missing left corner light.
    -15" Honda Accord Rims (set of 4 from '94)

I need to further investigate, as I've been busy with work and school, I really need to check to see if the actual frame is okay. I'm positive the engine and transmission are ok. Time to let go, or start saving!

I'm about to let go of the rims for $175, and actually make money in the process, in hopes of putting that all towards the car if I can find a place to work on her!

Please, all input and questions are encouraged and appreciated!

I will post some pictures through out the day tomorrow, of the before images and when I first got the vehicle via Dropbox. Here are some that I've got already tonight of the damages and some before.

before: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ojit2y98v8dfdqf/3Nl66THHOe

after: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/00qgu3gnuou04p3/nCXG_17l12
    Last edited by squillz; 11-21-2013, 02:30 AM.

Hate to say this, but she isn't worth saving. There's probably some frame damage underneath all that disfigured metal. Save what you can from the exterior and save everything from the interior. I'm glad your okay though. Scrap that cb and get a new cb. Those interior pieces look perfect and my cb has ivory interior..just sayin. I need a drivers sun visor...

My cb before the one I have now was identical to yours though. 91 lx coupe, same color combo too, except I had no rear spoiler. What's the paint code? And how rare is this combo. I made a thread asking that a year ago.

Comment

Thanks for the response, ThatOneAccord.
      I think that is a good idea of ripping apart the interior and certain exterior parts. I do not have anything to lift out the engine nor the transmission, so I guess I've got no choice but to let those two aspects of the car go.

I will check the paint code when I get home. What is this combo you're talking about that is so rare?

Comment

rent an engine hoist from any rental place and pull that motor/trans and pull out the interior and stuff in corner of garage

http://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipm...y.aspx?id=s498

then get a new cb with a bad engine and dirty interior and you are done !!

back in the cb game
        Last edited by bobbycos; 11-21-2013, 12:59 PM.
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by squillz View Post
          Thanks for the response, ThatOneAccord.
          I think that is a good idea of ripping apart the interior and certain exterior parts. I do not have anything to lift out the engine nor the transmission, so I guess I've got no choice but to let those two aspects of the car go.

I will check the paint code when I get home. What is this combo you're talking about that is so rare?
          I think the color of your CB is madison blue pearl? I'm not totally sure but that paint paired with ivory interior. I want to know how rare that paint combo is. I have an arcadia green coupe with ivory interior. That combo is a dime a dozen.

Comment

I would say she is done for...
            Originally posted by Quashish
            hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

Originally posted by honda2014 View Post
              I would say she is done for...
              the pics proved that point
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I've had 1 particular car dear to me.

1991 acura legend sedan (5 speed). Rare as shit, but not as infamous as the 6 speed.

It weighed a hefty 3300 pounds, 200 ponies scream out of its 3.2 v6. Yet even racing occasional posers with gsr swapped hatchbacks.

Funny thing is, I never raced this car much. I just liked to chirp the tires most of the time during launch.

But when I did it was a after I hit 350k miles. I put on over 155k myself. I bought the car with a bhg at 200k

Oh boy did I whoop the fucking shit out of the Mexicans that hang out at Taco Bell tho. I'd kill several a night once a week. It might be cocky to say but the only time Id lose was during redline revs. 355k miles on a stock shift.

My synchros were worn to shit, shifts would always grind past 5-6k rpms

Anyways, it was a personal stab to the heart when some dumb blonde tore the front end off my baby. My father and I bought the car in Oregon with a blown hg. Towed it all the way home 10 hours+ to and from. Our blood and sweat was poured into rebuilding and maintenance.

Long story short.

If you love your car and know you can't restore it. Save something from it like I did.

When I bought my 90 ex coupe mt, the very first mod was to tear out the oem shift knob. It was almost an instinct.

But it wasn't for as aesthetics, I promptly replaced the shift knob with the oem 5 speed legend knob from my wrecked legend that I owned since 18.

As a matter of fact, the death of my legend brought me to buy an accord. Being it wasn't a civic and apart of the legend itself.

So now I'm here.

What a small world.

Comment

Working...
                X