Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bodykits on cb7 whats your take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post

lowrider/mini truck scene is totally different than the import scene
    They are all the same, both have people with crap and people that actually do it right. They both have trendsetters and trend followers. They both have jealous haters. While the end result looks different, both are a total waste of money just like many other hobbies.

I will say that I felt less than welcome at import events not fitting the unimaginitive cookie cutter bandwagon unlike lowrider and truck events where everyone is welcome.

To Doughboy. Mod your car your way and let the haters wallow in their jealousy
    Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

@hardinthepaint, damn straight on te trophy talk

Comment

Originally posted by Firstoff View Post
        @mugen, then keep your opinion to yourself, to be hinest your just making yourself out to be an ass. As to what you said each scene has its own culture obviously your more into the race/performance and doughboys into the show. Thats what his car is, for SHOW keyword SHOW, not to zoom zoom. I dig his car i think its very well done and on that note (@doughboy, props bro looks sick ^.^).
        So a recap, a performance car will spen money on what? Ding ding performance parts upgrades whatever. A show car will spend money on what? Weong not performance, SHOW PARTS. Stop arguing about it, as youve said thats your opinion so, thats what i made the thread for. I your not going to be nice stop posting on this thread.
        atleast you read my entire post, sometimes honesty is confused as being a dick/jerk/ass/etc. you're right i stated my opinion, people reacted and responded to my opinion and i'm just clarifiying what i was originally stating. people are too sensitive these days, everything has to be sugar coded so feelings wont get hurt.
        FRIENDS
        DONT LET
        FRIENDS
        ROLL ON
        ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
          If he doesn't have trophies, then your right, he wasted a ton of money on dumb mods, but if he has trophies than it was money/time well spent.
          trophies doesnt mean anything

Originally posted by Firstoff View Post
          Trophies or not it would never be a waste, car building is about individuality not building replicas. He expressed himself theough his car, made it to his own tastes so not a waste. If you dont like it say so but dont keep going on about it
          i also mentioned that, modded cars reflect on owners individuality and taste. doughboys taste just isnt good IMO. and like i've mentioned a couple of time, i respect his hard work i just dont like what the end result (which i mentioned and caused this big rukus because people are too sensitive)
          FRIENDS
          DONT LET
          FRIENDS
          ROLL ON
          ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
            Trophies don't mean shit. You get a trophy for winning the Superbowl (which is baller) and you also get one for the Coney Island hot dog eating contest (which is disgusting). They are always giving trophies away for something, and they don't always mean time well spent in my opinion. I've seen plenty of rides (many here on this site) that are definitely "trophy" worthy yet the owner has not one.
            thats exactly my point

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
            All of these ways cats mod their cars, there is a niche somewhere for it and guaranteed there is some type of following for it as well. doughboy415 has a kitted car yet he called JDM modding stupid. I personally think kits look like hot garbage (with maybe a couple exceptions) but on the same note I don't agree with the JDM trend either. But that in no way takes away from an individual's hard works and dedication. You should always respect that.
            again, that was my point and him "bashing" other styles is over looked because of his hard work put into his car.

again i RESPECT his hard work and admire it, but i dont like the out come of it (taste wise)
            Last edited by mugencivic4dr; 12-08-2012, 01:42 PM.
            FRIENDS
            DONT LET
            FRIENDS
            ROLL ON
            ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
              They are all the same, both have people with crap and people that actually do it right. They both have trendsetters and trend followers. They both have jealous haters. While the end result looks different, both are a total waste of money just like many other hobbies.

I will say that I felt less than welcome at import events not fitting the unimaginitive cookie cutter bandwagon unlike lowrider and truck events where everyone is welcome.

To Doughboy. Mod your car your way and let the haters wallow in their jealousy
              eh, cant argue with that, other than being jealous. honesty and jealousy are 2 different things and have nothing to do with "hating"
              FRIENDS
              DONT LET
              FRIENDS
              ROLL ON
              ROTA'S

Comment

i feel there are very few cars out there that look descent with body kits. Some supras look good but nothing else comes to mind.

Comment

i seen member on here that has a evo body kit its called i think. he did a grate job with the kit looks hot. i just say give props for people that give every dime they have into there cars. that means they give a shit about there cbs that's they best part of car building.

Comment

Originally posted by coltonfrostcb7 View Post
                    i seen member on here that has a evo body kit its called i think. he did a grate job with the kit looks hot. i just say give props for people that give every dime they have into there cars. that means they give a shit about there cbs that's they best part of car building.
                    BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Ive always thought a nicely done body kit looks great. Not the big bulky nasty kits that dont match, but something that flows with the car. Ive seen many cb7's on this site with no kits that look fantastic, taking cue's from the cars history and style to make it better. But kits are about real personalization, creating something new and sleek that you just cant do with factory body lines.

For instance this is my own cb7:

Dont mind the paint nick at the rear, my car is far from perfect. But I have many compliments about the way Ive made my car. I wanted more of an exotic fast look, similiar maybe to the Lotus Elise or something. And my car isnt just pretty, its quite fast too. I built the engine from the ground up with forged internals, ran nitrous for years, and now is turbocharged with a modified DSM setup.

Everyone has there own preference, but we can each step back and appreciate the work within

At the end of the day, were all CB7s kit or no kit.
                      ON_N20
                      Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

I agree.

Done poorly, everything about your car could look absolutely terrible. But the lines work, and the parts all fit well. That makes a HUGE difference!

Though I have yet to see a rear bumper cover that I really liked for our cars. Yours doesn't look bad, but it looks bulky compared to the rest, like just about every other one I've ever seen. Then again, a stock rear would look pretty awful with the rest of the car kitted.

Comment

I would have to agree. There are parts on mine I would change if I could, but thats a little more work than im willing to do

The rear end sticks out a bit like chick with a shelf-butt, but its not so bad. You would be right about the rear bumper if it were stock though, that would be silly, it wouldnt look right Overall I think it fits, and im sure if I spent even more time blending everything and blocking the final bodywork it would have been perfect.

But looks were secondary for my build. I built it to be fun, go fast, and look good doing it. There are some days I wish I would have stuck with the stock bumpers and gone with lips and stuff, but then I step back and realize why im caring about what eveyone else says should look good, when this is what I like

Another thing about my car is, that its a Wisconsin car, and it was rusted at the body pretty bad to start. Hell I had a dinner plate sized hole near the drivers side skirt at one point, so my car has come a long way. I cant complain.

EDIT: someday I'll get the courage up and make my members ride page. Im too scared I'd get the format wrong or something
                          Last edited by ON_N20; 12-12-2012, 12:54 AM.
                          ON_N20
                          Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Just name it like everyone else (screen name, space, colon, space, year, make, model, trim), add a picture, give your mod list, and add more pictures.

As long as it's not WAY off, we aren't likely to delete it.

Comment

pretty much what's been said.. with body kits, if done correctly with taste.. then sure why not?
                              for me .. the simplicity of a lip kit complements these cars perfectly. sometimes less is more

Comment

Body kits are a no imo. Most just dont look right. They are poorly built by companies. Take more worrk then their worth to put on. Then you bump something and their over.

Nothing beats factory bumpers with clean urethane lip.

Bodykits were a fad in 2000. They have came and gone now most die hard enthusiasts just make fun of kitted cars.

My Opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X