Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Found an f22? In my garage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found an f22? In my garage!

I think i found an f22/5spd in my garage today while i was cleaning the upstairs out. No block stamp but its bigger than a d series and single cam..would it be an f22? Im gonna post a pic tomorrow when i pull it out into daylight
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

Dam... how big and messy is your garage?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Dam... how big and messy is your garage?
      Not big enough and too messy lol if it was clean,i could fit maybe 5 cars in there,but right now i have room for 3,and the whole attic part is filled full of parts and other junk. I have a hoarding problem lol
      dmfb919

Comment

Let me know when you have a garage sale. It sounds like some good stuff is hidden in there.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ill let ya know lol. Somewhere in the mess is about 15 random engines,few quads,boat engines,derby parts,random tools and parts everywhere..its almost disgusting lol
          dmfb919

Comment

Pretty easy to tell. Engine model is stamped on the right front of the block just below the opening to view timing marks.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              Pretty easy to tell. Engine model is stamped on the right front of the block just below the opening to view timing marks.
              First post says no block stamp........
              Last edited by talonted1990; 11-29-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Someone took a grinder to it at some point in its life,not exactly sure why though
                dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
                  Someone took a grinder to it at some point in its life,not exactly sure why though
                  its hot..i'd chuck it, even if legit if a cop saw that you would have to answer a lot of questions, in fact i think its even illegal to obfuscate vin's and serial numbers.

what are some other casting numbers on the parts, or pics..any "SM4"

Comment

Vin number is on still and its definitely not hot,one of my dads friends had it sitting in his old barn forever,then it got moved to the garage that we all share. I'm not around the car yet,i will be in an hour or so though so ill let ya know what stamps i find once its on the stand
                    And even if the engine was hot,I'd still keep it for parts or a derby engine,im sure the previous owner stopped caring about this engine atleast 6+ years ago lol
                    dmfb919

Comment

Yeah I'm still waiting for the pic(s).

Block numbers aren't VIN numbers, they are only there to identify the specs of the engine. So I mean you can technically grind off a block number... just it's shady as hell because there is no real reason to do it.

You can 'lift' the number if you have the right knowledge and chemicals.
                      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Yeah I'm terrible about posting pictures lol i was just gonna look around for the sm4 on it somewhere..but the PO was uhh,A few fries short of a happy meal to put it nicely,i honestly wouldnt put it past him to shave the block stamp off "for a cleaner look" lol
                        dmfb919

Comment

shaved block numbers = 1HP at LEAST.
                          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

In theory he could've shaved the block numbers if he was going to put it in a race car and was trying to fool the tech inspectors as to what motor he was running to get around some classing rules?

Not saying it's likely, but possible?

Comment

In theory it sounds like a good idea,but if you knew this guy you'd know that was nowhere near his plan lol. He always wants to stand out but he'll do it in the dumbest possible ways,like his lowering job on his old EG sedan,stock struts with those knock off skunk2 sleeves,and he cut the tops out of the strut towers. Another prime example of this dingus,he used to drive a 4x4 square body chevy with about 10in of lift,8in was an actual lift kit,the other 2ish inches of body lift was done with cut up 2x4s,all the rust was repaired with spray foam,and he had a hand held tuner with 3 tunes for his carbed 305 that he tried to pass off as a 400 lol

But back to the engine,I didn't even get a chance to look at it,i had to do intake gaskets on my friends grand prix instead,then i cleaned out the accord and started making a parts list...STILL forgot to get pics I wrote a reminder on my parts list though so now i cant forget!
                              dmfb919

Comment

Working...
                              X