CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 11-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Harriers Wake
CB7tuner Member

Location: Albuquerque NM currently, Pasadena CA born and raised.
Harriers Wake is cool... so far.
CB3 One-piece headscratcher

I've been searching off and on for 90-91 one-piece JDM headlights for a couple years now(ebay, parts sites, etc). Occasionally a set will come up right when I can't possibly justify the expense for one reason or another. I've also entertained the idea of buying one side and then the other, but then I realized something odd. I've never seen one for the left side by itself. I see the right side occasionally but I honestly cant remember seeing a left. Is it just me? Are they all in some lost sock dimension somewhere? What is the most elusive part you've tried to find?

Last edited by Harriers Wake; 11-15-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Harriers Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
'93CB7Ex
Gold Member

'93CB7Ex seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to '93CB7Ex
oem coupe visors. i have 3 sitting here lol.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:01 AM   #3
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Gotta pay to play. Took me 7+ years to find a good set of one piece headlights. The ones in great condition are now going for $500. Start saving.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #4
Harriers Wake
CB7tuner Member

Location: Albuquerque NM currently, Pasadena CA born and raised.
Harriers Wake is cool... so far.
It's sad really, soon almost anything OEM is going to be a unicorn, but that's what I get for coming late to the party. I had a CB growing up and wanted to mod it, but I never sat down and planned anything out. Now that I'm in my 30's with a fairly midrange quality '90 coupe to work with (also a very extensive plan) it's like watching the ocean dry up around me/us. As for the headlights, it'll happen someday and hopefully they turn out as well as yours. It's one of a couple of things that has to be on the car before its finished and I won't take no for an answer.

Last edited by Harriers Wake; 11-16-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Harriers Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #5
Raf99
Gold Member

I've seen a few sets on a FB group, but they were from across seas and were very expensive!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #6
Jon
Contributing Member

Jon is very helpful Jon is very helpful
I've bought and sold dozens of sets... they've only gone up in price to the point of completely unaffordable in whatever condition you can find them in (most are rubbish these days).

What is happening right now is kind of an oddity as it was explained by a friend from New Zealand and one from Malaysia. About 7 years ago most of the CBs and other vehicles around the same age were being scrapped due to repair costs, better MPG newer vehicles, etc.. This flooded the market with a lot of parts from well running and maintained vehicles.
Fast forward to today, those who are still driving the older cars are still needing/wanting good used parts, but there aren't as many well maintained older vehicles to pull the parts from. So only really worn out vehicles of this age are being seen in most scrapyards, thus they've already kind of been cannibalized to some degree or another. Again this was told to me by two people who run repair shops... seems plausible, but who really knows.

Reason for seeing the right side headlight more-so than the left? Probably just the odds. Might be more left sided fender benders than right...
If you run across a set or one by itself in good condition for less than $150 a side, grab it. They sure as hell aren't going down in price these days.

Most elusive part I've ever gone looking for is the Si-T badge. Damn near impossible to find...
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #7
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
The freakin power folding mirrors. I canít believe they are over $300 a set plus $80 shipping on eBay. Iíve had pfmís on my cd Accord and my is300. Never paid over $200 for a set. Even preludes and integras are still cheap. The cbís are ridiculously priced. Thereís a ton of other things I could do just to my cb with $400 before I need the pfmís but damn do I want em. More than I want one piece headlights too.
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #8
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
I'm in the same boat, I want one piece headlight and PFM's only they are both fairly expensive for the cost of other things I can do to the car with the same money.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:20 PM   #9
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
I use to want the one piece head lights but after enjoying the fact that I don't have to worry about my headlights oxidizing and the cost of them made me stick with the normal glass headlights
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #10
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

I think one of the next best options for those of us who havenít had the opportunity to obtain the one piece lights is the jdm/edm single bulb corner lights with the usdm headlights. If you open the corners and black house them along with the same on the headlights you can come up with a very similar look as the one piece lights. The price is definitely less lol. Here is the example on my car:

One thing I would recommend is to use a black paint pen and paint the edges of the cover lense before gluing the pieces back together. When I get my hands on another set I will do this. It should help disguise the visible separation between the corner and headlight.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #11
Raf99
Gold Member

I'm also surprised that carbon fiber hoods haven't dropped in price yet.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #12
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

One of the hardest things I've had to track down yet is a good passenger side air bag for the 1993 Sedan SE dashboard. I just checked eBay though and of course there is 1 available right now.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #13
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Iíve seen two of those SE dashes complete in pap before. Iíll keep an eye out for the air bag & harness.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #14
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

I've run across 5 total 1993 SE sedan's now, but none of them had a good airbag in them. Honda doesn't sell them anymore, so they are a truly hard to find piece.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #15
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilas View Post
One of the hardest things I've had to track down yet is a good passenger side air bag for the 1993 Sedan SE dashboard. I just checked eBay though and of course there is 1 available right now.
why would you want a 25 year old air bag?
Old 11-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #16
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

I like the look of the SE dashboard over the standard dashboard in every 4th gen Accord. But when finding the dashboards in the junkyard the airbag is usually blown. I didn't want a different texture/color to plug the hole, so I found a working OEM airbag to fill the hole. Eventually I want to take the airbag cover off and build a cubby or fusebox cover out of it.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:48 PM   #17
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
There are only three JDM parts I've been interested in:

1) One-piece lights - got lucky timing on this find forever ago, when a local member was parting out. They were in superb shape, and even had the TSX projector retrofit I would have done on my own. I plan to get a protective film for them before installing on the next car.

2) Power folding mirrors - a recent score from on here. Can't remember the cost, but I remember thinking they seemed cheaper than normal, so I had to grab them. Even included full harness with switch!

3) Sedan slim side moldings (pretty sure they fit a wagon...) - still after these, but I'm not currently in a position to buy even if I did find a set. I'll start hunting in earnest in the spring.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!

Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-14-2017 at 04:51 PM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #18
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
One piece headlights are $500 now?

I remember when 90-91s were in the $150-200 range! I couldn't justify them on a broke college kid budget.

My JDM PFMs were $140 shipped and I had a JDM parking pole I bought on eBay for like $80 shipped.

I should have held onto everything for another 10 years and then sold out.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:03 AM   #19
Warudakumi
CB7tuner Member

Warudakumi is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWarrior View Post
One piece headlights are $500 now?

I remember when 90-91s were in the $150-200 range! I couldn't justify them on a broke college kid budget.

My JDM PFMs were $140 shipped and I had a JDM parking pole I bought on eBay for like $80 shipped.

I should have held onto everything for another 10 years and then sold out.
Lol! That is exactly what I said about Bitcoin! If I would've taken it seriously and bought a few even when they were $100ish while in college... I could've probably had my NSX by now.

I have my JDM stash taking up a closet. I don't know whether or not I'm seriously going to build the 1991 H22a Bar'd CB shell on the side of my house anytime tho. I'm hoping when my Son gets older, he will fall in love with CBs and it will be a father son project... but yeah 18 years more to go tho. By then who knows... maybe someone will already have a plug n' play kit for Tesla's Model S into any dinosaur car.

Back 2 the Basics Import Theory BEST JDM 2008 / Project Compound Setup CB7
CB7Tuner's Dirtiest USDM/JDM/CDM/EDM/AUS SM4 Parts Whore
I am the Yakuza CB7!
JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ
Warudakumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #20
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warudakumi View Post
Lol! That is exactly what I said about Bitcoin! If I would've taken it seriously and bought a few even when they were $100ish while in college... I could've probably had my NSX by now.

that is only if you found someone who accepted or traded for bitcoin. I thought the same thing too until i realized how it operates.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: