Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Body kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body kits

For some reason I feel like I'm the only one who still likes the body kits
    Post pictures of CB's with body kits.

Ive been a fan of cars that are done well and look nice, no matter if there is a body kit or not. Some body kits do look quite rediculous, especially when paired with other aftermarket components that dont really go with the car, but are just put on in hopes to be "part of the scene". However many people with body kits have taken the time to pick one that goes well with the car at hand, fit it well to the car, and paint and finish them nicely.

As you can see in the pic of my car in my signature I have a body kit, and to be honest I love it. At the time I wanted to make my Accord look less like an
    Accord, and more like an exotic. I was'nt a memeber on this site at the time and didnt know really how well these cars can look when modified otherwise. But, I'm really happy the way it turned out, I achieved my goals and pulled off the look I wanted to begin with.

It seems there are too many people these days who automatically "hate" body kits because they believe that liking them will make them a "ricer" or less of a performance orientated car guru. Lots of people like what they want in cars because thats what some trend or group of people say looks nice. Personally I like what I like in cars, and im not going to let anyone else sway me any other way . Im not a total nutcase about bodykits, I love the way other cars look so clean and wild without the use of a body kit as well.

In addition to my body kit and paint work, I have spent countless hours rebuilding my engine from the ground up with forged components, installed nitrous, created my full dsm turbo set up, and done all my tuning myself. So, body kits arent just for the showcar, they're for anyone who wants to make their car look the way they had in mind, whether or not the car really can go as fast as it looks

These are pictures of my own CB7... Enjoy!

As you can see, my car isnt picture perfect. But Im a Auto technician by day, so performance is really my main goal. I have a paint chip here, or a wavey surface there, but overall it looks pretty good, and Im happy with that.

EDIT: I also did ALL the work to my car too date, including body work. This was my first attempt at bodywork, so considering that I think its acceptable!
    Last edited by ON_N20; 01-28-2013, 11:14 PM.
    ON_N20
    Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

To be honest I like bodykits, the R34 front with Buddy Club rear would be pretty cool. But I feel like people that have body kits need to have a motor to back it up. Im sure body kits will come back... veilside <33333 there work.

VeilSide RX7

and this is supposed to be a VeilSide bumper for our cars but i can neither comfirm nor deny.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Oh and heres my CB back with it did have a kit on it.

Last edited by tutsuo; 01-29-2013, 11:42 AM.
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      Originally posted by deevergote
      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

The only bodykits that I like are the ones that actually follow and fit to the original lines of the cars body. And when they do, they can be incredible.

Especially well made custom bodykits are really nice. My personal favourite of all time is this one.

Custom made from OEM Honda stuff by the user Bille.(http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=14110)
        MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197342

Comment

Bille's car is SO nice! I wonder what he's been up to. He hasn't logged on since last May. I hope he still has it!

Kits that are properly installed and painted can look great. Care must be taken to get parts that flow well. It's difficult to do with our cars, since most of the kits on the market don't flow with our stock lines very well at all!

tutsuo, you removed the kit? Didn't you have it painted at some point?
          Unpainted, kits look like crap. The only time a car should drive around with an unpainted kit is when they're driving to the paint shop!

Other nice kitted cars:
          Accord R33 (this car is now gone, sadly )

Boost Lee

Wherm

CustomLowz (too showy for my taste, but very well done... and yes, the car was on air. It has since been sold, and likely trashed.)

jimy (using a carefully installed and painted Legend front lip, generic sides, and a Sigma rear lip.)

Comment

I would agree with the engine to back up the body and the body kits that follow the oem body lines. my all time favorite is the r33 buddy club. I want to know what happened to boost lee's body kit, I fell in love with that car. I wish I would have got that body kit when someone backed into my car a while back.

Comment

I actually didn't realize he had removed the kit until I was searching for pictures of his car!
              I really hope he doesn't scrap the car... he seems to waffle between fixing it and ditching it.

Accord R33 taught me a lesson regarding body kits. He said that cheap kits FIT like cheap kits, and will cost more money to have a bodyshop properly fit them than a more expensive quality kit would. His kit was a cheap kit I believe, installed professionally. It looked great. But it wasn't cheap after all he had to pay for it!

And yeah, those huge gaping front bumpers are best with big intercoolers in em I have a Wings West Widemouth bumper in my basement. Not sure if I'm going to install it or sell it.

Comment

Wow, Deevergote thank you for posting those pictures from the other users, I had all of them in mind when this thread came up, but didnt want to post their pictures without their permission!

I definatly love Accord R33's car when that picture was taken, the R33 style front looks pretty good, although I think if it was mine I maybe would smooth over the rectangle openings on the front and it would be perfect . It also leaves a nice large opening for the intercooler, which unfortunatly on my kit I dont have. Mine is a little choked off, and since I have to have a front plate on my car I dont have much choice but to stick it over the intercooler (I dont want it just randomly hanging off anywhere else, so I'll take the performance decrease, although my datalogging shows my intake air temps are still within reason).

I actually thought about removing my front bumper and moving onto the R33 style, but eventually I'll take another look at my car and fall back in love with it

I'll have to second the comment about the cheap kits fitting like crap. My kit was only about $350 shipped, and it was FAR from plug and play. In fact the rear bumper didnt even come "square", it was all bowed out and I actually had to end up fastening it to the car, and then blending with fiberglass to the factory body of my car. It came out looking great and much better this way, but I didnt have that in mind when I ordered the kit

Also, BTW that RX7 above looks absolutely amazing!
                ON_N20

Comment

I don't think anyone here minds their pictures being shared when they're being given a compliment (and they're given credit.) I know I sure don't

Were you able to do all the work yourself necessary to make your cheap kit look good? If you can do it yourself, then it's really just a pain in the ass... but if you have to pay for a pro to do it, it's a pain in the wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I don't think anyone here minds their pictures being shared when they're being given a compliment (and they're given credit.) I know I sure don't

Were you able to do all the work yourself necessary to make your cheap kit look good? If you can do it yourself, then it's really just a pain in the ass... but if you have to pay for a pro to do it, it's a pain in the wallet!
                    Yep, I fitted the kit and did everything myself. I definatly was a pain in the ass . This biggest problem was that rear bumper, it just did'nt fit even close out of the box. The sideskirts looked to fit about right, but since there were no instructions, its up to you to figure out how to attatch them. Basically I bolted mine in . The front bumper was fairly easy, and fit pretty good, just making sure that it attatched firmly to the fender for support. I also fitted the fiberglass fenders which really sucked to install. They fit "okay" to start, but sat too close to the door where they rubbed, so it took some time to shave and open up the door gaps. I also had additional fiberglass work to do because the UPS guy obviously didnt see the "fragile" sticker and must have dropped my package once or twice (the end tip was cracked off the fender ).

Then it took several days of sanding, fiberglass, and (as little as possible) body filler, to even out all the lines and imperfections. One thing I should have done better was to actually block the whole car, in otherwords make sure I sanded with a larger tool. Because I basically just smoothed over everything, my body lines are all rippely, but not normally noticeable so Im okay with it.

In addition to my body kit work, my 'ole wisconsin car had a few suprises as well. My car originally had some very old slapped on "body kit" side panel type of kit on it, that covered the whole door area's under the trim line. When I removed the panels, I literally found a large hole from rust, about dinner plate size. I had to cut out all the rusted metal, and replace with new metal. My car to this day still has some rusty spots within, but overall its in pretty good shape now.

I also did attempt painting my car the first time around. That failed . My friend and I set up a whole make shift paint booth to spray in, and bought a nice paint gun and everything, but my experience or lack there of resulted in a really poor paint job . I ended up buying good quality paint and having a painter spray it as a side job
                    ON_N20

Comment

I had a friend that worked at UPS. Boxes marked "fragile" were thrown harder.

Comment

yep that sounds about right for the ups thing, I had an apple screen sent to me and got to me broke.

Comment

I had a friend that worked at UPS. Boxes marked "fragile" were thrown harder.
                          i can vouch for that it's like in ace ventura

Comment

tutsuo, you removed the kit? Didn't you have it painted at some point?
                            Unpainted, kits look like crap. The only time a car should drive around with an unpainted kit is when they're driving to the paint shop!
                            I did remove the kit, but no paint still. Instead, I'm sleeving, roding, pistons, head work, and everything for a nicely boosted H22A. Should be done in about 2-3 Weeks, Thats why iv been laying low for a while.

BOOST LEE's CAR LOOKS SOOO NICE !!
                            Last edited by tutsuo; 01-30-2013, 08:42 AM.
                            Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                            den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

i dig the skyline kit but where i am id rather have a factory part than something aftermarket as far as a body kit. if i crack it i know i can go to the pick and pull to get another. wheras if i destroy the kit i have to buy another.

Comment

Working...
                              X