Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shift lock problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift lock problem.

i cant seem to get out of park when they key is in, either on acc or engine running. i can use the shift lock release to put it into neutral and start it. anyone know wat it could be

ether the switch for the brake peddle is faulty or the actuator that hooks to the shifter is shot . can you post pics of the switch for the brake peddle ? i forgot to ask when you put it in drive ( d4 ) how does she drive through the gears ? does she have erratic shifting ?
    Last edited by Accord problems; 12-22-2013, 03:02 PM.
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

i almost had the same issue. i sprayed some wd40 in there and shoved my key pretty forcefully. not sure why it was so stubborn but when it was fully in it worked like a charm

Comment

ahh sorry i read the description wrong, yea prob a failure with the brake pedal sensor or the actuator in the shifter as said above

Comment

hey guys do you think a bad tcu would do anything to lock it?

Comment

Try pulling off and cleaning the sensor that attaches to the side of the shifter.

I had a similar problem. Any time I would shift into Reverse or Park, the car seemed to take a while to "notice" that it was in those gears. The car actually was in what gear I was selecting, but the dash light wouldn't illuminate and depressing the brake wouldn't release the shift lock (additionally the key could not be removed since the car didn't think it was in Park). I pulled the center console apart and removed the sensor that runs along the side (and is actuated by the shifter). Came to find out that somehow one of the tabs that kept the assembly together had broken (dunno how). I removed the entire sensor and set about cleaning and repairing it. To get it to stay firmly together I wedged a zip tie through where the broken tab used to be. Works surprisingly well. While I had it out and apart I also cleaned all the connections with contact cleaner to remove the grime buildup. Slapped the whole thing back together and it's been working fine ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondatechie95 View Post
              hey guys do you think a bad tcu would do anything to lock it?
              it is possible but more than likely the solenoid that hook's to you're actual shifter .
              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
              X