No announcement yet.

R.I.P Daniel (JDMDaniel240)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go canyon cruising at night all the time. Found out where both of my cars start to understeer (a close call in the CB's case), so while I'm still 'spirited' I keep it down a good bit from there. Between deer, cars, and cops that like to sit in wait, I'm too cautious. The plan has been to move in June, to where I'll be within 20 minutes of two road courses and a drag strip. Track visits are stupidly expensive, but still I can hardly wait.

I am truly sorry for Daniel, as well as everyone here and at home he was close to. It sounds like some of you were really good friends to him before the end.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

This thread caused me to have nightmares. I hit a patch of snow, the back end kicked out, and I barrel rolled 4-6 times.
      It was vivid enough to wake me up.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Over the years, I have experienced quite a few of those losses. Sometimes I wonder why I am still here.

Just hang in there, Tippey. Although it doesn't feel like it for now, but time will ease the pain you are going through.
        Last edited by oyajicool; 05-06-2013, 09:21 AM.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
          Dude you sound like a self centered brat. First of all, if your license is in that much danger, you shouldnt even be trying to do spirited runs in the mountains...

Also your line " Also I cant really afford to get a ticket, if i get a ticket, I will lose my license and thus my job"..so you cant afford a ticket BUT you can afford to have someone killed because you were running from the cops?

Personally I think we should move to ban Austin from the forums

Also a matter of a fact speaking, The fact that you told everyone that you were running from the cops, tells us you and whoever else were doing something that you were not suppose too. So if thats the case and your license is one ticket away from being suspended, you would think for the guy who always claims to have enough common sense, that he would have had the common sense to pull over and not run from the cops.
          Oh the irony...

You don't know my in real life, you have no right to judge me as a self centered person. I don't care to explain my further than that, I know who I am and don't need some asshat over the Internet to judge me.

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
          Im sorry but that has to be the most ignorant statement ever. Im sure youre glad but it in the end your actions caused someone elses life.

I wouldve just let off and face the punishment.

Race mode? What are you 17? Cmon Austin.
          My actions? He didn't have to run. The 3rd car in our line pulled over, it was Daniels decision to speed.

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
          I dont mean to be so harsh...im angry at that statement and im sorey that Dan lost his life i mean no disrespect at all..but there lies the truth.

I have to be real because that seems to be the norm everyone thinks their car is a race car and its that mentality that gets them in trouble.

Wake up guys the streets arent a race track..not by a long shot.

May he rest in peace..and guys please keep safe..and DONT BE RECKLESS.
          I don't think my car is a race car but I know it was made with the track in mind and built to be a high performance car.

I know the accident isn't my fault but I can't help but feel somewhat guilty since I was there and a part of it

Comment

Hey Austin, sorry to hear about your friend. That really sucks. I have read over all your posts and all the other posts in here, and it is really sad.

You definitely can't blame yourself. Don't start that shit of "if he would have rode with me" etc....it will consume you.

You guys went out to enjoy some backroads, and a tragic accident happened.

People want to be harsh and criticize and I normally would, but honestly what happened could have happened to anyone here.....shit I have done things in the cb, that I really shouldn't have and im lucky to be here and even more lucky I didn't kill anyone in the process.

This is just a fucking brutal reminder why it's so important to be careful and THINK your decisons through. When I was your age, that was something I struggled with too. I would just act and not think about it and it got me in hot water.

Daniel paid the ultimate sacrifice. Don't let it be in vain, be safe out there and encourage others to do as well.

Im here too Austin, if you need someone to chat with man.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Tipp.

RIP Daniel

My thoughts on the legal aspect;

Just be cautious man. Cops will tell you that you are not going to get into trouble sometimes to get you to admit your role in a situation.

The video may or may not show things they can manipulate. Because you have no idea what all is included on the video, you really have no idea what exactly they are going to find.

My opinion is if they contact you again, don't say anything to them and get a lawyer.

Best of luck man.
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

They already ruled the death an accident

Comment

I am in no way saying anything legal is coming, just that if it does-get a lawyer.

Pulled from the interwebs;

Criminally negligent manslaughterCriminally negligent manslaughter is variously referred to as criminally negligent homicide in the United States, gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales. In Scotland and some Commonwealth of Nations jurisdictions the offence of culpable homicide might apply.

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness.

A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability. A related concept is that of willful blindness, which is where a defendant intentionally puts himself in a position where he will be unaware of facts which would render him liable.

This is the part that concerns me.

I knew a guy that basically had this happen to him on East Evans creek road in Rogue River Oregon. Basically 5 cars driving spirited-not racing(no one was trying to pass anyone or anything like that).

The law found that the lead car was setting the pace and was dictating the speed at which the "group" traveled. This was illustrated by a video-because everyone in the group accelerated/slowed in unicen-it was decided that the lead car in the group was ultimately responsible for the person that died through encouragement.

He was sent for 5 yrs, served 30 months and is still on parole.

Honest to god man.

I really hope you hear nothing else of the sort. If for some odd reason the police come knocking on your door or want to talk-get a lawyer. Thats all I am saying.
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

Well as i said above

Running from a cop that has its lights on is WAY different from just getting away from an area you know a cop is in. Also i really can't afford to get a ticket, if i get a ticket i will lose my license and thus my job. I panicked to a degree, i didn't become erratic or crazy but i got worried and went into full race mode to get away. I'm just glad my car was capable and could hold onto the road with what i was asking it to do.
                    Actually I took off before I saw lights as well. I knew I was abov the limit enough when i saw the trap, and I panicked and tried to get some early distance. I'm just going to tell you and anyone else, you will never fool them. If you act guilty and slow down you are more likely to never see lights or if you do, act apologetic and perhaps get a warning.

Loosing your job would have been better dude.
                    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                      I am in no way saying anything legal is coming, just that if it does-get a lawyer.

Pulled from the interwebs;

Criminally negligent manslaughterCriminally negligent manslaughter is variously referred to as criminally negligent homicide in the United States, gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales. In Scotland and some Commonwealth of Nations jurisdictions the offence of culpable homicide might apply.

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness.

A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability. A related concept is that of willful blindness, which is where a defendant intentionally puts himself in a position where he will be unaware of facts which would render him liable.

This is the part that concerns me.

I knew a guy that basically had this happen to him on East Evans creek road in Rogue River Oregon. Basically 5 cars driving spirited-not racing(no one was trying to pass anyone or anything like that).

The law found that the lead car was setting the pace and was dictating the speed at which the "group" traveled. This was illustrated by a video-because everyone in the group accelerated/slowed in unicen-it was decided that the lead car in the group was ultimately responsible for the person that died through encouragement.

He was sent for 5 yrs, served 30 months and is still on parole.

Honest to god man.

I really hope you hear nothing else of the sort. If for some odd reason the police come knocking on your door or want to talk-get a lawyer. Thats all I am saying.
                      Being only 2 cars, with the passenger of the crashed car surviving, I don't think this will be classified as a race. Since Tippey wasn't driving, and didn't directly cause the accident in any way, so it's unlikely that anyone will hold him accountable.

HOWEVER, I agree 100% that if anyone comes knocking, you would be very wise to keep your mouth shut and get a very good lawyer.
                      This thread won't work in your favor either, as you've openly admitted to running. However, you weren't running from active pursuit (big difference, as many people here fail to realize), so technically you weren't doing anything wrong, save for driving recklessly.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Being only 2 cars, with the passenger of the crashed car surviving, I don't think this will be classified as a race. Since Tippey wasn't driving, and didn't directly cause the accident in any way, so it's unlikely that anyone will hold him accountable.

HOWEVER, I agree 100% that if anyone comes knocking, you would be very wise to keep your mouth shut and get a very good lawyer.
                        This thread won't work in your favor either, as you've openly admitted to running. However, you weren't running from active pursuit (big difference, as many people here fail to realize), so technically you weren't doing anything wrong, save for driving recklessly.
                        I think the burden of proof would be pretty heavy to try and prosecute him-but who knows what all is on the video.

I dont want to comment on all the "what if's" I can think of that would indicate guilt and ways to twist shit and make people look guilty. All I am saying is the cops having both a dead person and a video leading up to the moment it happened-this the grounds for a perfect storm to brew.

Just as an example, who knows what the audio says on the video. Maybe Daniel indicates on the video he and tippey are running from the cops. Maybe the other guy that survived says something that implicates tipp during the interview. Maybe the video has no audio, but has other videos that implicate other stuff.

Maybe the cops ask people that live along this stretch of road if they saw anything and they implicate tippey and his friends and then that + the video = a case.

You never know. A detective is probably just now starting to work the case though. Whatever the local cops said means dick. The detectives are the ones you need to worry about.

So, I'll say it again. I really hope nothing comes your way, but, if someone happens to come knocking on your door you should get a lawyer and keep your mouth shut.

Comment

so young, so tragic..really sorry to hear this

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

"Running from the cops" is taken out of context, though. There was no active pursuit. They were running from the cops about as much as grandma does when she takes a back road to avoid passing a police cruiser up ahead, because she knows she's not wearing her seatbelt and he could pull her over for it.

Had there been an active police pursuit, then it would be different, and I believe the "leader" could certainly be charged. But without active pursuit, they were technically running from the idea of cops, not pursuing cops.

Still, it IS possible. I'm certainly not arguing that! But I think it's very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                              Actually I took off before I saw lights as well. I knew I was abov the limit enough when i saw the trap, and I panicked and tried to get some early distance. I'm just going to tell you and anyone else, you will never fool them. If you act guilty and slow down you are more likely to never see lights or if you do, act apologetic and perhaps get a warning.

Loosing your job would have been better dude.
                              Yeah if I had the choice sure that would have been my decision, but no one could see the future, and if we did decide to pull over and I got a ticket we would have just been thinking " man what a dick this fucking sucks "

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I told the cops we ran from them, that's why the accident happened. We weren't even going fast when we passed him, we saw them and we both started to run and he made a mistake and wrecked.

I told the cop the story down to the T starting from when we met up

Comment

Ah, ok. So based on your statements to the cops, there's really nothing in this thread that could further incriminate you.

I totally understand where you're coming from, and why things happened as they did. I've run from potential police issues as well. Never when the lights are on, but like you did, I've gotten the F outta there before a cop turned around and got me. Stupid in hindsight, but in the moment, you just do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X