Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What this dummy'd up plug for? Cruise control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What this dummy'd up plug for? Cruise control?

My car originally doesn't come with cruise control, but it is located right where the cruise control is on models with cruise control. I'm thinking of putting OEM cruise control on my Accord so I'm really hoping it's for cruise control. The plug was attached to the harness with a dunny plug, so it's definitely not in use.

Here are some pictures:

I hope you guys can recognize it!
    Last edited by Jarrett; 07-28-2018, 12:40 PM.

I believe that's cruise, you got a haynes manual to check color codes?

Comment

I thought cruise control had 3 brown wires and one black wire. But that doesn’t mean this one isn’t. Or that could be for A/C as in the pictures it seems you don’t have A/C as well.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        I believe that's cruise, you got a haynes manual to check color codes?
        I don't have the Haynes manual unfortunately, do you have it?

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        I thought cruise control had 3 brown wires and one black wire. But that doesn’t mean this one isn’t. Or that could be for A/C as in the pictures it seems you don’t have A/C as well.
        You're right, my car doesn't have A/C. I really hope it's A/C! Could you check your Accord for the color coding?

Comment

Lol my accord doesn’t have a/c and hasn’t for a very long time. You could always go to a junkyard and look. That’s what I did when I couldn’t identify a plug, if you can’t get a solid answer here
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Here are the two wiring diagrams I have for cruise and A/C. Cruise does use mostly brown for the actuator which would be there.

Here is a wiring routing picture for the AC. It could be the wire loom connector near the relays.

Comment

Working...
            X