A couple nice CB7s up for sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple nice CB7s up for sale...

My friend Tyson who some of you may know from his blog DriveToFive (https://drivetofive.com/) has recently been posting friend's cars for sale. I know there are many who don't think there are any pristine original examples of CB7s in excellent shape anymore but sometimes a few appear...

One is this 1993 Accord Special Edition with only 50,000 miles! Here is he description from his blog:
    "If family sedans are more your thing, you might want my friend Asmar’s 1993 Accord Special Edition with only 50,000 miles on it. It’s all original minus the tires, so plan on doing a little preventative maintenance. But the price is right. He’s located in Seattle. Message me for details and I’ll put you in touch with him."

"And another CB7 Accord, this one a 1990 EX in a stunning burgundy color (“Mulberry Red Pearl,” if you want to get technical). This one is being offered privately to only qualified buyers as it’s not listed on any sites. In other words, a “good home” is an absolute must. Contact me for details. It’s a 136,000 mile automatic for sale by the original owner, located here in the Phoenix area."

I can't personally speak for either of these cars but they do appear to be in very nice shape. From my conversation with Tyson the 90EX was a one owner Phoenix car that belonged to the seller's mother who recently passed away. It was pretty pampered with dash mat and always garaged.

Maybe someone here can provide a good home for these deserving examples?
    Last edited by hiptech; 06-20-2018, 06:38 AM.
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

That burgundy one is gorgeous!
    My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
    Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
    Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
      That burgundy one is gorgeous!
      Right!? I'm very tempted myself to drive over and take a look but I don't think I would survive the spousal abuse if I brought it home

Here's a little more info and pics:

As mentioned the car not only has a dash mat but seat and steering wheel covers since new!

Last edited by hiptech; 06-20-2018, 01:13 PM.
      My Collection:

Comment

Holy shit, grey fabric that's not threadbare! Every grey interior I see in the jy is literally worn away. Burgundys and Tans seem to hold up much better. Now I know what the grey cloth looks like. I wonder what they're asking?

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791

Comment

I suppose a "qualified buyer" and "good home" means no modification? It'll probably be a decade or two before I start to see the CB in the same light as a first or second gen, as a 'Japanese classic.'
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-20-2018, 12:29 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I disagree. I see them as classics now. All of them are approaching being 30 years old!! These two are so original and nice, why would you want to mod them? That's just two more cars that would never be pristine again.

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
              ...I wonder what they're asking?
              I honestly don't know what the prices for these are but there's one way to find out..

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              I suppose a "qualified buyer" and "good home" means no modification?...'
              My guess is you're correct. There are far too many modded CB7s out there. While there's nothing wrong with that it's gratifying to see a small percentage still lovingly cared for in their original condition.

If and when the time comes for me to part with mine I expect to do the same. It's hard enough to let go of a one owner car maintained pristinely for so many years only to have someone mod it. There's no reason to since an abundance of "good condition" versions still exist that can be had for less money. The way I feel is this, if someone goes through the trouble, time and expense to maintain a car in original condition they have a right to sell it to like minded people who are happily willing to continue maintaining it to the same high quality standard.

After all it's not about selling a car but preserving a legacy. It may sound dumb to say about a CB7 (or any car) but I no longer view myself as an Accord owner anymore but rather a caretaker whose job ultimately is to find another caretaker to continue preserving it. If you don't agree that's fine and there are other cars out there for you to buy... just not mine
              My Collection:

Comment

I completely understand the seller's perspective. Factory-original cars need to be preserved in some capacity. It's just tempting to start with such a pristine canvas, and personally I'm not interested in owning a car and keeping it stock.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That SE is the tits..all the little things that mine was missing lol

First Ive seen of woodburled plastic thats in maroon one.

*edit* shouldnt the SE have come with a factory spoiler??..I dont see one. Probably better anyway all ive seen them do is rot out trunk lids.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                    That SE is the tits..all the little things that mine was missing lol

First Ive seen of woodburled plastic thats in maroon one.

*edit* shouldnt the SE have come with a factory spoiler??..I dont see one. Probably better anyway all ive seen them do is rot out trunk lids.
                    Only coupe came with factory rear spoiler. Honda didn't offer the wood trim probably installed by dealer as an aftermarket accessory.
                    My Collection:

Comment

That red 90 is gorgeous. I’m so used to seeing faded colors on pap cars that something this nice and factory is amazingly refreshing. I think I could live with a car like that being basically stock. A ride height adjustment would be the only thing I would do.
                      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I would kill to have that steering wheel since it was covered since it was new.

Amazing paint on both!
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Those are some purdy I like the burgundy one.

Comment

I'm confused... I've read often how some of you would pick one like these in a heartbeat if it ever became available yet no one is stepping up. Has anyone checked in with Tyson to see how much they're going for?
                            My Collection:

Comment

You shouldn't do this to me. I think I prefer the 90 EX over the 93 SE. All I need is the lottery to buy them and some climate controlled storage; I'd call it "CB7 Heaven". Unfortunately, it would be a shame to turn either one into a daily driver - particularly up here.

I'm pretty sure the wood grain was a Honda option/accessory. I had most of a set at one time, installed them in a 92 LX coupe I rescued a few years ago. I thought the kit included a piece that went across the top of the glove box door as well.

Edit: When I say I had a set, I had a dash bezel and other parts with the wood trim already installed (maybe from a parts car?). The problem I had was the plastic wood layer deteriorating and cracking.
                              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 06-23-2018, 01:49 PM.
                              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X