H311RA151N : 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H311RA151N : 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Scrapped due to rust much worse than originally thought. Chassis structure was comprised. Removed drivetrain, parted out and sold as scrap.

I picked up another Talon today.

1990, AWD, 5 Speed, 6 Bolt, 16g turbo, 550cc injectors, biggest FMIC I've seen on a DSM in person.

ENGINE / TRANSMISSION :

Small 16g turbocharger
    RC 550cc fuel Injectors
    2G MAF
    91-94 Transmission
    Greddy BOV
    Cheapo intercooler piping kit
    OBX Racing Intercooler
    Megan Racing 3" Turboback

INTERIOR:

Stock

EXTERIOR :

Stock

FUTURE PLANS:

ENGINE / TRANSMISSION:

All Maintenance <------ This is HUGE on this one
    VRSF FMIC Kit
    AEM Wideband
    AEM Boost Gauge
    RTM Vacuum Hose kit
    Un-fuck all the fuckery

EXTERIOR :

Door locks w/ key
    Paint Red Spoiler piece black
    Fix rust
    Find and install inner front fenders
    Find and install new front bumper

INTERIOR :

Find and install missing interior pieces
    CLEAN!
    Install stereo and speakers of sorts. Cheap
    Install floor mats
    Replace pedal pads, clutch and brake
    Recover headliner with generic bland fabric
    CLEAN again

Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-25-2019, 01:08 AM.

More pictures.

Comment

- It runs horribly.

- Brakes don't work and I'm told the brake master cylinder is bone dry.

- The transmission is hard to get into gear and hard to find gears. Have to wait to put it in gear or it grind. Clutch pedal feels weak. I'm told it has 91+ transmission. Unknown if correct cables (91+ cables) were used. New bracket can be seen on top of trans.

- Charge pipe on right side of the intercooler is disconnected.

- Intercooler piping is a cobble job.

- Atmospheric BOV.

- Downpipe is partially removed (yes partially). Flex pipe is broke.

- Stud visibly broken on O2 housing mounting to turbocharger.

- Tires dry cracked. From sitting for years.

- Rear driver side wheel stud MIA. 4 remaining out of 5.

- No wipers or wiper arms. PO's must've went so fast sitting in their driveways the wipers flew off.

- Rocker panels are GONE. Like, you can put your fist through them from the back tire to the front tire. Fixable? Actually yes. The rest of the car isn't bad somehow. Idk how the rockers can be non existent yet the rest of the car is not bad. Two other rust spots that are easily addressable other than the Houdini rocker panels.

- Front bumper is cut in pieces then zip tied together. Not horrible just stupid.

- The intercooler is huge. Goes up to the headlights. Seriously. It touches the headlights.

- Gas is old. Like years old. Going to have to put quite a bit of fuel treatment in and a couple gallons of 91.

The car is 95% there. It's just got a bunch of dumb shit done to it. As did my 98 when I got it. DSM people.

Going to try and save it. It's not going to be pretty. I'm going for mechanically sound and functional. If that pans out then I'll address the cosmetics. The only reliable DSM is a slow or lightly modified DSM. That's how my 98 TSi made it on the 1300 mile trips.

I'm going to do a compression test. If it comes back bad it's going on it's marry way and as I'll chuck it up as a loss.

Comment

Lol@un fuck all the fuckery

Bahhahahhahaa

That’s epic

If you decide to let it go, message me and wait a few days for response. I have an affection for fuckery and DSMs

These are my thing.

Rocker panels aren’t too bad to replace compared to any other rocker panel job but, that’s not exactly a cake walk

The fuckery

Well

That’s a DSM thing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

^^^ I figured you'd comment!

The DSM fuckery is a real thing. Might as well put it out there truthfully.

If I let it go you will be there first person (the only person actually...) that I contact.

If the rocker panels were good I wouldn't feel so shitty about it. But with one foot in front of the other I'll start chipping away at it.

Comment

Pulled the plugs out. NGK Iridium plugs. That's a good gesture as to how it was taken care of previously in a sense. It doesn't tell everything but that's a good sign. Hopefully I find more.

The two cylinders on the left were fuel fouled and clean to a degree. The two cylinders on the right were super rich with heavy carbon. Way more than the 2 cylinders on the left.

I pulled the intake tube off. Checked the turbo and to my surprise it's a small 16g. Which is the best possible turbo to find.

I'm looking around and I don't see too much dumb shit. Except for the narrow band tied into the factory O2 sensor. The filter breather on the valve cover. Amp wire and a little minor wiring BS. There is a clash of idiocy and someone slightly knowing what they are doing. So all in all not bad.

Comment

Ah the good ol 16g makes me miss mine. Though I had the big 16g. This will hopefully be a fun project to follow. I’m curious to see the rocker panels. Also might want to check and make sure the fuel tank isn’t all rusted up like mine was on the cb.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                ^^^ I figured you'd comment!

The DSM fuckery is a real thing. Might as well put it out there truthfully.

If I let it go you will be there first person (the only person actually...) that I contact.

If the rocker panels were good I wouldn't feel so shitty about it. But with one foot in front of the other I'll start chipping away at it.
                Awww shucks

Oh the fuckery

How I love the fuckery

Nice find though

These cars are becoming unicorns

Great score!

I hope it turns into something glorious for you

If you want to make the most of they turbo, look into turbines hiusing mods on the stock compressor

That’s the way to go as far as I’m concerened if you wanna keep it primarily oem
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  Ah the good ol 16g makes me miss mine. Though I had the big 16g. This will hopefully be a fun project to follow. I’m curious to see the rocker panels. Also might want to check and make sure the fuel tank isn’t all rusted up like mine was on the cb.
                  The small 16g flows almost as much as the big 16g with quicker spool. This small 16g has been clipped so it will perform better up top but a slower spool. Honestly I wish it weren't clipped but oh well. Out of the 4 turbochargers I have, a 14b, a T25 on my 2G, the T28 I bought for my 2G and this small 16g, the small 16g has the least amount of shaft play. Almost none. I'm pretty happy with that.

The rocker panels are horrible. I will get pictures at some point.

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                  Awww shucks

Oh the fuckery

How I love the fuckery

Nice find though

These cars are becoming unicorns

Great score!

I hope it turns into something glorious for you

If you want to make the most of they turbo, look into turbines hiusing mods on the stock compressor

That’s the way to go as far as I’m concerened if you wanna keep it primarily oem
                  I actually found another 1GA shell with no rust. That may be the route I go once I get the car lined out. Then just swap everything over.

I'll check into the housing. Eventually once everything is running right I'll start seeking more power.

Comment

I've been locating and purchasing missing and damaged parts.

Spark plug wire cover.
                    Windshield wiper arms.
                    B pillar plastic covers
                    Radio wiring harness

The following are present in the car however are not in the best condition. I've found and ordered replacements for these as well.

Driver side corner light
                    Passenger side corner light
                    Drivers light under flipup
                    Passengers light under flipup.

The flipup headlights in these cars are a bit different. You can turn them on in the down position and use the under flipup lights. I doubt I ever will but it's kinda neat.

Comment

Compression test results! We're good!

Cylinder 4 : 135psi

Cylinder 3 : 130psi

Cylinder 2 : 130psi

Cylinder 1 : 135psi

Compression test was preformed dry, as the engine sits.

The engine was rotated 5 times with the starter on each compression test of each cylinder.

I can't do a warm compression test as this thing runs so poorly. I really don't want to force it to run. This being the case these numbers on a cold engine are impressive. It's said a cold test can be more "truthful". Anyhow I'm content with it and moving forward with things!

http://www.themotorhood.com/themotor...r-health-check

Last edited by H311RA151N; 04-08-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Great news!

Happy for you sir! Be patient and rock this bad boy out.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                          Great news!

Happy for you sir! Be patient and rock this bad boy out.
                          Yep, I think I'm in the green. Everything I was worried about is ok. I've verified it's a 6 bolt again today. I was looking at the CAS and thought for some reason... that looks 7 bolt. It's hard to believe it's "right" the way it looks. But I'll take it.

I'm actually showing self discipline for the first time in my life! I'm working on the Vette and getting it sold before rolling this thing into the garage and tearing right into it. I think the Vette will be gone in a month to six weeks.

I cannot wait to jump right in the middle of this bitch! And the longer I wait the more my sticker pecks up.

Comment

I realized I didn't have any interior pictures.

All missing pieces I have. The interior is in pretty decent shape.

Comment

The B pillar covers came in. I found a set of door locks with a key that are on their way. I ordered a hood prop rod. I ended up losing out on the underflip lights and stereo plug. So I located another stereo plug, a passenger side corner light and a driver side underflip light. Both lenses in awesome condition. I also bought a set of replacement Strong Arm hatch struts.

Will post pictures when parts come in.

Comment

Working...
                              X