Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Search clear amber corner lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search clear amber corner lights.

Hello I search this type of corner light 92-93 :

It's difficulte because out of stock...
    Last edited by KLIOBZH; 07-23-2014, 05:15 PM.

You can use tamiya clear orange paint or some other clear orange paint
    And paint your stock ones. This way u keep your reflectors for safety.

I'll try an search for some, but if you do buy an aftermarket set, try to get reflector ones.

Comment

Boarf ! I don't need reflectors, I'm warrior ! lol
      No, but it's not obligatory in France and I like the same clear lights for corners and headlights.

It's a newer look for the car... I think

Comment

Another problem is, you have EDM light which are slightly different. So there may be some modifications. There's a member named tippey764 who had trouble getting your corners onto USDM headlights. You may have to wait for them to produce more corner lights. I couldn't find any in stock on ebay.

Comment

I think EDM corners have juste small light "position" parking lights and not turn signals "clignotants" (juste in the bumper).
          I think modify this, because it's dangerous, it's less visible.

Comment

You could also use yellow film and mold it to your corner light!

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post

I'll try an search for some, but if you do buy an aftermarket set, try to get reflector ones.
              Ive seen people use other brands but nothing is orange like the Tamiya X-26.

Beware tho, thin layers and let it dry a little in between since every layer will make it darker and when it is drying it becomes a little darker too.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post

This is a great way to do it if you're up for a little DIY and have a spare set encase you don't like the look. Check for local hobby stores in your area, they should stock something similar to the Tamiya paint mentioned above. I used the spray can for mine, 2 cans did about 6 coats on everything you see below.

I'd recommend using painters tape to cover the black rubber sections and around exposed areas to keep the paint clean. Just make sure you spray around to cover all parts of the lens to avoid clear spots.

That's what mine looked like as I was spraying them. They turned out great in my opinion. Worth the $20 for paint.

Comment

Painted with Tamiya clear orange.

Comment

This may sound stupid.

But, do you spray this on the outside or take them apart and spray this inside?

steve

Comment

On the outside.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.

Comment

the ones you are looking for are difficult to find. When I bought my CB last year the guy had them on, and then one broke. Ihave been searching for months for them to get the clear looking ones rather than the reflectors and no luck. Might be easier to purchase the clear corners and paint them them with Tamiya spray.

Comment

Purchase the ones with the reflectors and remove the reflector. I didnt realize you can do this. I purchased a pair from a user on here and unscrewed the reflector. Of course you will have to bake them to open it up...

Comment

Originally posted by TriniCB7 View Post
                            Purchase the ones with the reflectors and remove the reflector. I didnt realize you can do this. I purchased a pair from a user on here and unscrewed the reflector. Of course you will have to bake them to open it up...
                            Bake them? Would a heat gun work or does it have to be in an oven?

Comment

Originally posted by dcelf View Post
                              Bake them? Would a heat gun work or does it have to be in an oven?
                              Ive personally never tried a heat gun. Just like when you black house the head lights i threw the corner lights in the oven as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X