Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fuel pump problem 1991 lx f22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pump problem 1991 lx f22a1

i had fuel pump problems with stock pump so i installed a walbro 255 aftermarket pump in the lx f22a1 block, h23a1 head,h23a1 intake. this car and engine ran great for over a year, the pump went out so i wanted too upgrade over the stock pump so i got a walbro255 and installed it. now i can crank it up and it runs great while it idles and i can rev the hell out of it in the shop parking lot but when i try too drive it down the road it does great for about a mile down the road then it dies out and wont crank back unless i bleed the fuel rail bleeder then does the same thing everytime i try too drive it. can anyone give any info that might help me? im so ready too drive this car again and its got me stumped as too what the problem is. has this happened too you with an after market pump?

You installed a walbro 255 pump twice?? It might be your main realy.

Comment

I've never seen a main relay stop the engine from running after its already started. I've only seen them prevent the engine from starting.
      It sounds like the fuel pump is providing too much pressure, which is strange because I have put 255s in other cars without them causing problems. But I suppose there is the possibility that it was packaged wrong and is actually larger than a 255.

Either way, I'd throw the stock pump back in and confirm that that will fix the problem.

Comment

Well if you haven't checked the fuel main relay then now is the perfect time to check and if not just replace it. And yes if it starts to act up/fail it'll prevent a car from starting period, I had a 91 accord that had a main relay going out it'll start fine run fine then once is turned off it won't turn back on and it got to the point when I couldn't even hear the pump anymore. It's easy to fix or even inspect the relay open it up and see if its fried or cracked. It's a brown box with one connector underneath the steering wheel hard to get to if you don't know where it is, but if you do take time to inspect it won't hurt a bit. As for a new one I would go to a pick a parts and start finding some on the cb7s around there (wouldn't hurt to slip one in your pocket but don't recommend it) and try them out for size.

Installing the stock fuel pump won't solve a dam thing.

Originally posted by deevergote
        .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Working...
        X