dome light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dome light

Would anyone know a reason to why my dome light wont turn on when its on "door" and open the doors but it lights up when I switch it to "on"? My lights on my door panels don't light up when I open my doors either. .
    Last edited by cb9_marty; 08-04-2014, 12:47 AM.

Your door pins can be bad. They allow the dome light to turn on. On your dash does your indicator lights turn on when you open a door?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by cb9_marty View Post
      Would anyone know a reason to why my dome light wont turn on when its on "door" and open the doors but it lights up when I switch it to "on"? My lights on my door panels don't light up when I open my doors either. .
      do the door ajar indicators operate in the dash...like when the cars on or running and you open the door(s)? if not theres little switches in the door jamb, they need cleaned (pretty easy) or replaced.

Comment

I think it works on my dash but honestly not sure, I'll have to double check and let u guys know tomorrow.. do those pins or whatever control the lights on the door panels as well?
        Last edited by cb9_marty; 08-04-2014, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I think it works on my dash but honestly not sure, I'll have to double check and let u guys know tomorrow.. do those pins or whatever control the lights on the door panels as well?
          yeah but its not pins. theres a little L shaped switch in the door jambs of all the doors sorta near the strike plate. it just slides in and out when the door shuts and opens. one screw holds it in, one wire is all that comes off it. theres probably just some grime/oxidation in it, its basically 2 pieces of metal inside some plastic with a little spring. mine were sticky and grungy; took a whole 10 minutes to sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
            yeah but its not pins. theres a little L shaped switch in the door jambs of all the doors sorta near the strike plate. it just slides in and out when the door shuts and opens. one screw holds it in, one wire is all that comes off it. theres probably just some grime/oxidation in it, its basically 2 pieces of metal inside some plastic with a little spring. mine were sticky and grungy; took a whole 10 minutes to sort it out.
            Ooohhhh okay, Ima check it out tomorrow then.. Thanx brotha!

Comment

sorry I didnt get back to you sooner.. close but no lol. its on the car. This picture is the front driver side door jamb..feel lucky I went out in the rain to snap a pic for you

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                sorry I didnt get back to you sooner.. close but no lol. its on the car. This picture is the front driver side door jamb..feel lucky I went out in the rain to snap a pic for you
                Hahaha yeah right b4 I read ur reply i thought about it and felt stupid as I deleted my post lmao. But thanks man I appreciate it, ill let u know if it works when I try cleaning it.

Comment

Love this forum, I've got nothing but good feedback. Eff the Facebook page lol

Comment

fun to troll though..ask a simple question and the physics professors come out the wood work and will measure piss streams for 4 pages all while ignoring your question! lmao. I deactivated my Facebook, i felt like it was making me dumb..and the questions..id try to be helpful..but then there comes a point in time when youre like fucking google it..people slapping engines together no torque specs then whining how their shit blew up..but it was mad powerful n' shit..guess Im just getting old..phooey to them.

Comment

Lol true, a lot of the times I jus go on there to read the trolls in the comments lol and check out some cleans cbs of course

Comment

I do have a DIY guide on cleaning and restoring the door sensors in my signature should it be relevant to you !

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
                        Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
                        RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
                        "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
                        "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

The facebook page gets dumber by the day. I just like how easy it is to post a picture. Wish it was that easy on here.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by Kamatari+ View Post
                            I do have a DIY guide on cleaning and restoring the door sensors in my signature should it be relevant to you !
                            Very helpful, thank you for the good write up, I might try to clean them with wd40 like some1 in the comments said they did.

Comment

Working...
                            X