Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car is hard to start in the morning.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car is hard to start in the morning.......

93 f22a ....only hard to start in the morning...after its started once, its fine the rest of the day...any ideas?

lol, I was just about to come on here and post the same thing.

you should add more details...

my car cranks and starts, then slowly idles out. This morning was the first time I experienced this and I just got back home from a trip to Nashville (2 days roundtrip 550 mi). Nothing harsh, just constant highway speeds for about 8hrs. I'm going to check fluid levels after work, but my idle has (for a while now) been very steady at about 750rpms.

Is this a sign of an aging/dying fuel pump?
    91 EX F22A4 - Stock w/ 220k mi
    My Ride - 12/06

Comment

mine does this too... only at a cold start it'll crank a few times too many before turning over, then the rest of the day or while its warm its fine turns over right away... im not worried bout it but if its an easy fix then i'll do it
      93 LX CB7 in Beige...Auto...
      98 Lexus GS4

Comment

i thought maybe it was an injector leaking over night...causing the hard start....hell i dont know..im not really worried about it either..the car runs fine overall....thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusPrimeSr
          my car cranks and starts, then slowly idles out. This morning was the first time I experienced this and I just got back home from a trip to Nashville (2 days roundtrip 550 mi). Nothing harsh, just constant highway speeds for about 8hrs. I'm going to check fluid levels after work, but my idle has (for a while now) been very steady at about 750rpms.

Update/Bump -- Car has been having trouble consecutive mornings on the first start up. Today I cranked it up and it was on for about a second, then died. Rinse/Repeat about 4 times and I finally got it running.

What are my possible problems?
          - fuel filter?
          - fuel pump?
          - ???

BUMMMMMMMMMMP
          My Ride - 12/06

Comment

sorry, upcoming work includes...

- seafoam
            - oil change
            fuel filter replacement (if necessary, although I'm not really excited about having to buy new tools).
            My Ride - 12/06

Comment

I'm seeing a trend...

Personally I've had both the delayed start, and what appeared to be a tank of bad gas/water in the gas, causing the car it die while warming up/starting, and misfire every once and awhile. The stalling cleared up after a few tanks with ISO-Heet.
              I spent about a month troubleshooting and testing every conceivable thing under the hood for the delayed start, replaced plugs and cap/rotor (need to be replaced anyways), and finally gave up and just lived with giving it a little throttle at startup. About a month after all that it fixed itself and has started great ever since. go fig.
              Last edited by Otto; 03-28-2007, 11:12 PM.
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
                I'm seeing a trend...

Personally I've had both the delayed start, and what appeared to be a tank of bad gas/water in the gas, causing the car it die while warming up/starting, and misfire every one and awhile. The stalling cleared up after a few tanks with ISO-Heet.
                I spent about a month troubleshooting and testing every conceivable thing under the hood for the delayed start, replaced plugs and cap/rotor (need to be replaced anyways), and finally gave up and just lived with giving it a little throttle at startup. About a month after all that it fixed itself and has started great ever since. go fig.
                how many times did you have to use the iso-heet?

My plugs/wires/cap/rotor are all < 3 months old. Will check for misfire thought.
                My Ride - 12/06

Comment

Did you check you battery? Could be draining faster than normal.

1998 Subaru Legacy L ~current ride~ Decently modified (current project)
                  1991 Honda Accord (Traded for 91 turbo Legacy) Slightly modified
                  1997 Subaru Legacy GT (T-Boned) Slightly modified
                  1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750
                  1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (wrapped around a pole) faster than stock liter bikes
                  1989 Honda CRX (sold for GSXR)
                  MANY mods

4Zero1Motorsports.com

4Zero1 Facebook
                  Invidia, Walbro, Tein, ARP, AEM, Cometic, Techna-Fit and many, MANY more!

Comment

Mine f22a6 did the same thing. Replaced the coolant temp sensor now its like a half a crank before it startsv

Comment

That's a nice cheap fix ghostEx Optimus should check that, too. The igniter would be good to test, too.

I used two bottles of iso-heet over three tanks of gas (I also started keeping a bottle in the trunk). Also, I never got a CEL any time, even when it shut down in the middle of an intersection. I had to keep it at 3,000 RPMs to keep it running that time. I would've been screwed if it had an auto tranny. I felt so bad for the clutch.
                      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

mine doesnt seem as bad as what u guys are explaing about yours... but i hope it doesnt end up that way..
                        93 LX CB7 in Beige...Auto...
                        98 Lexus GS4

Comment

thanks everyone...

I will try the iso-heat and check the battery (i've been meaning to replace the connector for the negative terminal cable)

I'll look into the coolant temp sensor. How cheap are we talking? If its cheap enough, might as well just replace it.
                          My Ride - 12/06

Comment

The temp sensor shouldn't be more than $20 or $25 I would think. Just make sure you get the one that connects to the ECU, cause there's FOUR temp sensors in the block. I can't find any diagrams at Majestic Honda's site, though.

Comment

Anyone have the part number for the correct coolant temp sensor to assist with cold starts in the morning?

Comment

Working...
                              X