Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90-93 Traction bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-93 Traction bar

Hello CB7 fam, I'm looking for a traction bar for my 92 ex sedan and can't find one anywhere but the overpriced ebay ones. Someone told be that you can use a 92-96 prelude one. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't wanna waste my money on something that wont work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovative-C...torefresh=true

Lol, I'm the one that said it, and I'll say it here: the 92-96 Prelude bar fits the CB7 chassis.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Chek out Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...&postcount=589

Comment

Don't buy anything from ebay, either. The traction bars are a much poorer design than those from Innovative or ESP.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Lol, wasn't saying you were wrong just checking all my sources, been given incorrect info on Fb before.

Comment

At least you did the smart thing and came here to verify or do more research instead of listening to a bunch of people with their thumbs up their ass.

The Facebook group

Comment

Thanks for this info. In the next month I was going to bite the bullet and just order the Innovative Traction Bar for the Prelude in hopes that it fit. I've read that the front cross member swaps over in a very old thread.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Sorry for a late question. My traction bar broke and i'm in need of a new traction bar. My friend has a prelude traction bar. So are we able to use prelude traction bars on 91 accord. If yes what year prelude traction bars can we use???

Comment

The 92 - 96 generation prelude (BB2) traction bars from Innovative

Understand that the Innovative bar has a mount for the cross beam that runs between the frame rails but not the torque mount. They apparently sell another bracket for torque mounts that you can weld/mount onto the top.
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Or you could make your own bracket, if you're innovative enough.

Comment

Today I emailed Innovative if this traction bar would fit with an automatic. I suprisingly found out the answer is yes, and another interesting thing.

This is the response email from Innovative.

Good afternoon Will,

Thanks for reaching out to us! The product you mentioned 50110 (prelude/accord comp bar) will in fact work with automatic and manual transmissions. As for as the torque mount option goes we are still currently waiting for that year prelude/accord to come by the shop for fitting. You wouldn’t happen to live in orange county would you?

-Kevin

Innovative MFG

So does anyone live in or near Orange County, that has some time, could you do some test fitting with Innovative? It would be awesome to have a traction bar option with the front torque mount again. Sadly since it seems ESP is gone Innovative is stepping it up.

Comment

I didn't think about it, I should have weighed it before I put it back on the car, but any idea how heavy the stock setup is?
                        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Oh, Luciennnn........
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Here is a second follow up email asking if we got a car test fitted how long would it be to get products in production. I also put a link to this forum thread showing we are trying to get someone to them hopefully.

Good Morning Will,

Thanks so much for the forum post! If we could find someone soon, we’d ask them to come in early next week. It takes about 2 days to mock up the design and around 3-4 days for fitting and testing. So were pretty much talking about a week for the complete part. I can keep your email handy and let keep you up to date on when someone comes in for testing and when its ready, I was thinking about putting up a social media post looking for a test car today as well. Thanks again will!
                            -Kevin
                            Innovative MFG

Comment

Working...
                            X