No announcement yet.

H22 tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to clarify, is the tach you are trying to connect the original one in the cluster? Or is this for an aftermarket tach?
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Original
      93 Honda Accord Lx
      Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

Bump because Im having the same issue on my JDM H22A swapped Civic. Exactly the same issue. I have a full JDM swap using the JDM dizzy internal coil, the car runs and drives fine but I have no tach. The blue tach wire that runs from the cluster through the harness and up to the dizzy is cut and just sitting there. IM not sure what wire on the jdm dizzy im supposed to connect it to. Help!
        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

I had the same problem on my OBD2 H22 as the rpm signal is generated in the ECU and then sent to the tachometer in the original setup.

Inside the distributor there is an empty terminal on the igniter unit, I connected the blue wire directly to this spot and it solved the problem. I bypassed the distributor connector also as it was easier. #7 in this pic, igniter unit. I could get pics of mine later if needed.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Originally posted by lindiz View Post
            I had the same problem on my OBD2 H22 as the rpm signal is generated in the ECU and then sent to the tachometer in the original setup.

Inside the distributor there is an empty terminal on the igniter unit, I connected the blue wire directly to this spot and it solved the problem. I bypassed the distributor connector also as it was easier. #7 in this pic, igniter unit. I could get pics of mine later if needed.

Pictures would be awesome, if this solves my tach issue I will love you lol
            R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Here's a pic of my distributor, the igniter unit has 3 terminals on the front and one on the side. The one on the side is the one giving the RPM signal, I have a green wire going to it as you can see. This is connected to the blue wire, I just happened to splice it to a green wire. Hope this helps.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Working...
              X