Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

When Air circulation vent is opened and ac is on, smells musty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Air circulation vent is opened and ac is on, smells musty

After a few seconds, it smells normal. Do i need a new water screen? From the looks of the diagram, the water screen doesnt have a filter.

#17 is the water screen

SM43B5100B by CA 93accord, on Flickr

Last edited by ca93accord; 11-04-2016, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ca93accord View Post
      #17 is the water screen

SM43B5100B by CA 93accord, on Flickr

You don't need a new one - it is pretty coarse just to keep leaves and such out of the system. You might make sure that there isn't a bunch of stuff accumulated on top of it.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I had to do this on my SE/\ Whenever my AC or heat was on my car smelled like an old Volkswagon! Haha. Clean the junk out of there and it will be A1!
        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
          I had to do this on my SE/\ Whenever my AC or heat was on my car smelled like an old Volkswagon! Haha. Clean the junk out of there and it will be A1!
          Most CB7's that I've owned in south Texas have always had a distinct smell. Just one of the many joy's of owning one.

Comment

Cb7 sleeper and xtoket

Thanks for advice. I will check if theres a bunch of leaves or crap in it. If not, i will just deal with the smell for the few seconds and be happy that is running like a champ

Comment

find a detailing place nearby that does vent steam cleaning, or rig up something yourself with a tube and nozzle if you have one of those consumer shark products.

when i got my first cb it smelt so rank, like buttsex or something, i had to do some things before i could drive it but i hooked up the battery charger and had a bundle of expensive incense burning with the blower on high, id go in periodically and change the flap positions and let it ride for maybe 12 hours or more lol

or dump a few cans of air sanitizer into them, like ozium or even lysol, thats mold and bacteria and rot youre smelling.

Comment

mold? ah man. i am about to go CSI on my ride. i am about to take care of that right away. with lysol or bleach mixture. thanks for your insight.

Comment

Ozium is awesome..for various smells..

I never knew that cleaning the water screen could improve the smell. Good knowledge.
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                  X