Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some Silverstar lights installed for my low beams on my Accord. I'm extremely satisfied with them so far. They are waaayyyy better than the stock lights since they are much brighter. Anyway, take it easy.
    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

i like the looks of my ebay projecotrs... but the light output sucks. ill try to take a pic.. its horrible even with silverstars

Comment

I had the halo projectors on my CD5. The halo was neat for awhile, but the overall performance sucked. I will never get projectors again, unless of course I did a retro fit, but I don't plan on it.
        RIP:
        1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
        1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
        Currently daily:
        1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

i also have the black projectors with HID and i love them.

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

so, if i was to go on ebay, purchase these lights, and then go buy a xenon conversion kit, would i be alright? becasue, that is my overall plan, since the JDM ones arent exactly safe. i am not concerned about legality (disclaimer-although i should), but i do actually give a shit about safety. i know how pissed i get at oncoming brights.
            i really want to try to do the kind that aww_shiet has on his.

Member's Ride Page!

Comment

Originally posted by Troggie42
              so, if i was to go on ebay, purchase these lights, and then go buy a xenon conversion kit, would i be alright? becasue, that is my overall plan, since the JDM ones arent exactly safe. i am not concerned about legality (disclaimer-although i should), but i do actually give a shit about safety. i know how pissed i get at oncoming brights.
              i really want to try to do the kind that aww_shiet has on his.
              wow no replies to this Anyways you can get the JDM headlights and when you buy a HID buy the h4 adapters and that will reduce the glare for oncoming traffic
              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Can I buy the ebay cheapos and just hack it and make use of the existing mould so it's easier to put in the real deal projectors?

Comment

Light output on the ebay projectors are decent, at least my set puts out equivalent to stock. The center running/parking lights between the low and high beams burned out that came with it, but have been replaced since, the rest of the bulbs are fine. My biggest complaint, would be the crappy non-clipping, cheaply glued connectors. If you want to be trouble free, just replace the connectors from the factory harness, and the ones on the lights, with something better, or just solder the wires together, depends upon how permanant you want it. I plan to retrofit my low and high beams to hid, but I need to confirm what bulbs are currently being used. H3/H4? I'll have to take my bulbs out and check.
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

i used to have those too and like everyone else mine pointed like straight down, so my output sucked, then one day i tightened the adjust screws on the back to adjust projector height and they liked good, then i blackhoused and yellow high beamed my stock ones and never looked back

Comment

Working...
                    X