Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I couldn’t find the old numbers so I re-weighed everything. Here is the list

Hatch carpet: 3.2 lbs
    Side Floor Box lids: 2lbs (1 lb each)
    Right Side Floor Box: 6.6 lbs
    Left Side Floor Box: 3.4 lbs
    False Floor attachment piece: 5.4 lbs
    False Floor 13 lbs
    Side Storage Box Back: 2 lbs

Total: 35.6 lbs

So if you were to remove everything I have removed as well as the cover, spare, tools, and jack then the grand total removable from the back is 108.8 lbs. This doesn't include the two side pieces that go all the way up where the back of the seats lock in place. These pieces can be seen on the sides (the carpeted stuff) in the picture in my last post. They are pretty big and probably weigh somewhere between 5-10 lbs total. So if you remove those you could be looking at a possible savings of 120 lbs just from the hatch area. If you go the next step and start pulling out all of the tar that is down there you could possibly get rid of another ~5 lbs. Pretty substantial losses for simple dead weight that you nor anyone else would see on a normal basis.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
      Well, I couldn’t find the old numbers so I re-weighed everything. Here is the list

Hatch carpet: 3.2 lbs
      Side Floor Box lids: 2lbs (1 lb each)
      Right Side Floor Box: 6.6 lbs
      Left Side Floor Box: 3.4 lbs
      False Floor attachment piece: 5.4 lbs
      False Floor 13 lbs
      Side Storage Box Back: 2 lbs

Total: 35.6 lbs

So if you were to remove everything I have removed as well as the cover, spare, tools, and jack then the grand total removable from the back is 108.8 lbs. This doesn't include the two side pieces that go all the way up where the back of the seats lock in place. These pieces can be seen on the sides (the carpeted stuff) in the picture in my last post. They are pretty big and probably weigh somewhere between 5-10 lbs total. So if you remove those you could be looking at a possible savings of 120 lbs just from the hatch area. If you go the next step and start pulling out all of the tar that is down there you could possibly get rid of another ~5 lbs. Pretty substantial losses for simple dead weight that you nor anyone else would see on a normal basis.
      dang I didnt know you were able to save this much weight all in the rear hatch area, I also have carpet , spare and covers off but still have the spare cover(the big one) on now only if we wagon owners could have cf hatchs , how much does the hatch weigh anyway, tho it would be dope to have the hatch in cf

Comment

i cant wait to weigh our car.

rear windows = 1/8" lexan
        sunroof = gone
        headlights = being replaced with headlight covers affixed with brackets

gonna delete the heater core and a/c evaporator but we are installing a 4 point roll cage.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tuner
          dang I didnt know you were able to save this much weight all in the rear hatch area, I also have carpet , spare and covers off but still have the spare cover(the big one) on now only if we wagon owners could have cf hatchs , how much does the hatch weigh anyway, tho it would be dope to have the hatch in cf
          A CF hatch would be sick shit, but I doubt any company would make one because of the very limited market. They would have to made one at a time by someone with a good mold (and mold's don't come cheap). But yeah, I wonder how much that hatch really weighs......

Comment

I know for a fact my DC 4-2-1 ceramic header & downpipe weighed considerably less than the cast iron header and downpipe, I'd prob. say about 15lbs less, its WAY lighter.

Oh and a rear spoiler, an LED one, I just found one at the JY, I'm keeping mine, but it weighs about 10lbs lol, if you wanna sacrifice that.

And you can always convert you steering wheel, if 92-93 to a non SRS equipped MOMO racing wheel or whatever, the airbag prob. weighs 7lbs.

And I'm not sure, but I think my Ground control coilovers weigh less than my OEM springs. Maybe like 5 lbs less per coilover.

Another upgrade is the muffler/exhaust. If you just swap out the muffler, I've got a Magnaflow 5x8 Polished muffler, I'd prob. say that weighs about 10lbs less than the HUGE stock one.

The rear sway bar is good for about 8lbs...at least that's what my Vigor one weighed when I shipped it out.

And my Forged RO_JA 17s only weigh about 16lbs a piece. Thats at least lighter than my previous 17 in Enkei's at 21lbs a pop. 20lbs of rotating mass GONE.

I also recently got a VIS CF hood, I weighed 167 w/ me and the VIS and 187 w/ me and my OEM hood. So that's 20lbs lighter

So I lost about......85lbs....i didn't include the spoiler, SRS airbag, or sway (infact I've got a 21mm ST RSB lol). But then I also have an Amp, Vigor 11.1 inch brakes, and a TSX retrofit w/ an HID kit and Projectors that prob. increased it a bit. But all for the better... better lighting, braking and handling.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I only run two wheels .. LF and RR ... Same with brakes

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                I only run two wheels .. LF and RR ... Same with brakes
                Lol.

Anyway, got done with the suspension install and am ready to throw some more numbers everyone's way.

Stock Rear Springs + Shocks: 13.8 lbs each
                Stock Front Springs + Shocks: 12.8 lbs each

For comparison here is what my coilovers weigh

Type II Rear Coilovers: 9 lbs each
                Type II Front Coilovers: 8 lbs each

That is a savings of 19.2 lbs.

Comment

Lol.

Anyway, got done with the suspension install and am ready to throw some more numbers everyone's way.

Stock Rear Springs + Shocks: 13.8 lbs each
                  Stock Front Springs + Shocks: 12.8 lbs each

For comparison here is what my coilovers weigh

Type II Rear Coilovers: 9 lbs each
                  Type II Front Coilovers: 8 lbs each

That is a savings of 19.2 lbs.
                  NICE, so that's about what my Ground Control Coilover sleeves w/ shocks should weigh then?

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                    NICE, so that's about what my Ground Control Coilover sleeves w/ shocks should weigh then?
                    I don't know. I have no idea about the weight of those in comparison to the stock springs and shocks or a full coilover system so I'm not going to say one way or the other about them. Sorry

Comment

Another removal.

Tailgate lower trim panel: 3 lbs

Comment

Another removal.

Tailgate lower trim panel: 3 lbs
                        where's that?
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It's on the inside of the hatch, let me find a pic.

EDIT: Found one. Worthless piece really. When you don't have a picture of it you have taken yourself you know it's not worth having on the car.

Last edited by Tnwagn; 05-22-2008, 12:26 AM.

Comment

See last picture for what is what.

Tailgate Upper Trim Panel: 1.2 lbs
                            Rear Window Trim: .8 lbs (.4 lbs each)

Rear Wiper and motor: 3.2 lbs

Comment

Headrests: 3.2 lbs (1.6 lbs each)

EDIT: Going back over old post and thought this might sound bad to someone. Well, the wagon's have 4 headrests and I removed the rear two as I never have more than one passenger. It's not like I took out the two front seat headrests. That would be dumb as hell.
                              Last edited by Tnwagn; 06-17-2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Stock Rear UCA: 4.8 lbs (2.4 lbs each)
                                Wicked Rear UCA: 4.4 lbs (2.2 lbs each)

.4 lbs savings

Comment

Working...
                                X