No announcement yet.

Bowling pin shift knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINE JUST CAME IN THE MAIL A DAY EARLY! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

MRTvvv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by 92a6 View Post
        MINE JUST CAME IN THE MAIL A DAY EARLY! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

This looks really good man. Your idea of having lettering under the clear coat would be awesome. It would be cool if you could burn the letters in, like you used a burning/"branding" in the shape of the gear/lines symbol. i bet some folks sporting a wood wheel would love these!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          This looks really good man. Your idea of having lettering under the clear coat would be awesome. It would be cool if you could burn the letters in, like you used a burning/"branding" in the shape of the gear/lines symbol. i bet some folks sporting a wood wheel would love these!
          they make tools just for this purpose

http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewi...=%7Bkeyword%7D

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            I've already thought about doing this. I haven't gotten around to delivering a prototype just yet. I can't wait to get a lathe so I could make these and others easier. I'm definitely going to be putting gear shift lettering on some later models. I also got some plans for some stuff just for the cb7/9 crowd. You guys will be the first to hear about it.
            We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
            Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Can you stain one satin black?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                Can you stain one satin black?
                I haven't checked this thread in months, so sorry for the delay. Are you wanting it black, but with the wood grain still showing? Or more of a painted look?

My For Sale Thread
                Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

No worries.

At the time i posted that i was actually asking for a friend. But since then someone stole the shift-knob you made for me a few months back...

So now im looking for one VERY similar to the one i had before and one stained black for my buddy, who im sure would appreciate the grain being visible.

let me know what's up!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

A spark in interest from my fellow cb7 enthusiasts has me making shift knobs again.

I still don't have a lathe yet, so I'm doing them my old fashion way. I realized I still hadn't made a knob that still had the plastic on it. So I made a true "bowling pin shift knob". (Sorry for the bad night/cell pic)

My For Sale Thread
                    Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

That's pretty awesome! I don't know if I'd want wood, color, or bowling pin designed... I mean, keeping it looking like a bowling pin is kinda cool!

Comment

No worries.

At the time i posted that i was actually asking for a friend. But since then someone stole the shift-knob you made for me a few months back...
                        Fuckin thieves, can`t leave anything unattended for a few moments.
                        That sucks man, is that all they took?

but I can`t stand that shit.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                          Fuckin thieves, can`t leave anything unattended for a few moments.
                          That sucks man, is that all they took?

but I can`t stand that shit.
                          No, they got a lot more than just the knob..

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=183859&page=34

Page 34-36 of my MRT has all the details. Cliffs are; Car gets stolen. All my shit gets jacked, i get the car back, i fix it and keep going.

Sorry for taking this further off-topic.

Can't wait for my new knob! And im interested in seeing one of the plastic covered examples when finished.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

No, they got a lot more than just the knob..

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=183859&page=34

Page 34-36 of my MRT has all the details. Cliffs are; Car gets stolen. All my shit gets jacked, i get the car back, i fix it and keep going.

Sorry for taking this further off-topic.

Can't wait for my new knob! And im interested in seeing one of the plastic covered examples when finished.
                            No problem.

The plastic covered ones are like in an earlier post, with the bowling pin material still on them. I've been rocking it over a week now and it feels pretty nice. Still haven't gotten a good picture of it.

My For Sale Thread
                            Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

I've been hard at work trying to fill the few orders I've had come in, but I have managed to work on a few new designs. Here's some teasers...

Stay tuned.

My For Sale Thread
                              Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

awW man i need one of these to match my nardi wheel :]

Comment

Working...
                                X