Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bisimoto F22ax header group buy in special!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as I stated before, I picked one up yesterday in his waiting room, and it was lighter than I thought.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

anyone get any updates yet?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
        anyone get any updates yet?
        They sent an email to everyone ~2 months ago stating that everything was in order, material was expected within 2 weeks and each header would take 4-6 weeks to complete. I dunno if those who have paid 100% get pushed to the front of the build list or how they are working that, I just know what the email said.
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

yeah i got that email but that was a couple months ago

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I guess we're just waiting for them to find time to start building them, I'm not in a huge hurry as my engine build is probably a year away but I'm sure some of the buyers are very anxious. You might want to email April or Justin and see if they can give us an actual timeline we can rely on. I'd also be interested to know if Bisi is welding these up himself or outsourcing it. If it's gonna take 4-6 weeks to build EACH header that makes me believe he's doing it himself but IDK.
            My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

He'll be outsourcing the welding, I'm sure. Which is a good thing... he's busy enough without having to fabricate dozens of headers himself! I'm sure a good portion of the cost is going to fabrication. That's a lot of very exact work.

Comment

called today, sales dept says that the materials were caught in customs 2 weeks ago.

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  He'll be outsourcing the welding, I'm sure. Which is a good thing... he's busy enough without having to fabricate dozens of headers himself! I'm sure a good portion of the cost is going to fabrication. That's a lot of very exact work.
                  dont forget that he is doing all the flow calculations and fluid dynamics on each header individually and designing the best solution for each exact application. that takes a lot of time. hell, by the end of it i bet he is going to have hundreds of hours of computer time just in the simulation analysis

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I know that he outsource the headers but bisi himself designs it. but they just don't weld it all together, they have to heat test and test for leaks etc. so that's why it takes a long time.

Comment

Gentlemen,
                      I am still awaiting materials, and had to purchase quite a bit more in order to allow a proper discount on the stainless steel j-bends. My staff, and I will keep everyone posted on when they arrive.

If anyone is interested in a unit immediately, we have no objection in obtaining the stainless from Burns, but the price then hovers in the $1200 range per header. The group buy, coupled with my additional financial investment, allows me to obtain the bends in a cost effective manner, and then pass the savings on to you.

My sincere apologies on the delay, as I am trying my best to assist each and every one of you with the best header technology, for an amazing price.
                      'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
                      World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
                      World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
                      1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
                      1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
                      1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
                      2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
                      NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
                      Bisimoto's Facebook page
                      478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

Personally, I'm not in a hurry or anything so I don't see this as a problem.
                        Stuff happens, deadlines get pushed back, it's the nature of business.

Just glad to get an update Bisi!
                        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Extra Material

I am just curious, since you had to order extra material, does that mean that the people on the h22 buy list will be under this same material order, and hence have less of a waiting period. Just curious.

Regards.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

true that, if u in a hurry and want your header quick, pay full pop. that's what I did.

Comment

I don't get it, he offers us this header, which had been for sale for twice as much previously and everyone hates on it and says it's unproven. He provides a dyno proving it works (and spectacularly) and everyone says that the dyno session was skewed or something stupid like that and that he should go to a third party and dyno it against three other generic model headers.

He tells us it's subject to supply from a 3rd party and gives us an estimate of when its going to be done and people whine when life isn't ideal. For those of us who knew the terms and went ahead anyhow, it's our own damn fault if we aren't happy now. For those who never bought into it, why are you hanging around here making snide remarks? Does it make you feel better about yourself to "bench" fabricate your own header with your own design and say it works better than Bisi's which has a dyno behind it?

I'm not trying to provoke an e-fight, but seriously, what's the point? Go out and make your own header, if you said at the outset of this GB offer that you could, so far all you've proven is that you're as slow as Bisi, 6 months later you're still just talking about it.....F22HB I believe did make his own, you don't see him in here being a wiseass. I don't post much because I don't have a lot to say on these subjects, but seriously, leave it alone.
                              1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

^^^^

The non-buyers are hanging around and still posting because deep down, they hope the group buy fails in some way so they can laugh at, point fingers, or say "I told you so" to the buyers. It's human nature to have the tendency to try to make yourself feel better by putting down others for any reason. There really isn't any other reason for any of the non-buyers to be in here saying what a bad feeling they had in the first place and they're glad they didn't get in on it, etc.

I'm 100% confident that Bisimoto is a wise businessman and wise businessmen honor their word. One day, be it a year from now, a custom header will arrive at my door and I will smile because I know it has been designed by a fluid-dynamics expert with years worth of experience specifically for my engine. I win!
                                My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X