Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

P06 & P28 chipping and vtec parts list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P06 & P28 chipping and vtec parts list

I have recently purchased 2 ecu's I plan to chip. I am currently running a chipped p06. I added the IAB kit.

So the two ecu are a p06 and a p28.
    P06 manual
    P28 auto so this will require desoldering and installing a jumper?

I found an older thread on chipping ECU's by d112crzy, I have gone to digikey and dug up most of the parts I will need. I know I can get the parts from places as a kit, but like most kits they seem to be expensive. I plan to get enough parts to Chip 5 ecu's. I only plan on doing 2. But the parts are cheap.

So for the capacitors I have these parts I found from an old PGMFI thread.

Capacitors
    P5518-ND
    P5517-ND
    P5552-ND
    P5549-ND (x3)
    493-1733-ND

cap locations
    C14; 220uF 35V cap
    C15; 33uF 35V cap
    C24; 47uF 10V cap
    C21; 33uF 35V cap
    C19; 33uF 35V cap
    C18; 220uF 10V cap
    C40; 100uF 10V cap

The parts to chip the ECU:

CHIPPING

399-2081-ND / ___________________ 0.1uF Capacitors
    1.0KEBK-ND / ___________________ 1k ohm Resistor
    296-1591-5-ND / ________________ 74HC373 20 pin chip
    3M9453-ND /_______________________2 x 14 header
    A1922-ND/_________________________4 pin for data logging

VTEC

D11__________________1N4001DICT-ND
    C60__________________478-1835-nd
    Q101_________________UNR411F00ACT-ND
    ICI4__________________?
    It appears that the vtec component. The Ic14 is the hardest to find on the cheap. There is one company that makes them and they only sell them in 500 pc bags at 1.5 a piece. Xenocron has them for $7 a piece which is doable. However. If you get an automatic p06 you can you use one of the resistors in 1C15 or the one right below it. Unless you need the ecu to be auto. The top one is vtec and the bottom two are for the automatics.
    I will be removing these and trying them. Also you can get these components from the accord ecu's. I don't have one so I can't confirm this.

IAB

Q34
    Q17
    Wire
    On the p28 I noticed that the only thing I will need is to remove the R135 resistor and connect the wire. The p06 I prob won't bother putting this on because at some point I plan to get a Euro R manifold or a skunk2 neither of which need the IAB.

Next I need the stuff to add to vtec to the p06 but have been unable to find part numbers. Anybody have any?

And the parts for the IAB kits?

I plan to replace all the caps and convert the p06 to p28, then chip both ecu's so I can use them with my hondata s300.

Help with my questions is appreciated. And any advice would be great. I can solder and have soldered on numerous computer boards and added the IAB kit to my current ECU. I plan to buy the $50 28 pin checker to confirm my soldering for the socket.

Thanks

steve

If this thread works out it could be a DIY on how to chip. I can add that stuff later.

Links
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56836
    http://www.hondata.com/s300socketing.htmlHondata
    http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/...y/PartsForECUsParts#
    http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/...ry/WhatYouNeedHelpful info
    Last edited by Stoner51; 08-10-2014, 03:49 PM.

Pics:
    P06 VTEC
    [IMG][/IMG]

P28 VTEC

The two boards so you can compare. The boards are the exact same. The components honda added to the boards make them different:

P28
    [IMG][/IMG]

P06

[IMG][/IMG]

Steve
    Last edited by Stoner51; 08-06-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

After Chipping:

Comment

You don't need the checker if you have a multimeter.

http://qcwo.com/technicaldomain/trou...8-installation

Scroll down and check with continuity!
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

Thanks.

steve

Comment

Show more and circle it to show the difference for those of us that don't know.

Comment

I color coded this to the colors of the VTEC and IAB above
              This is the Pic of the P06 with the components you need to add for each.

[IMG][/IMG]

If you look at the pic of the P28 above all the IAB stuff is there. You have remove r135 and add the wire.

Steve
              Last edited by Stoner51; 08-10-2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Welll I found a P72. So i won't need to add the vtec or the IAB to these two ECU.

I did chip the p72. Before and after pictures.
                [IMG][/IMG]
                This is the P06. We are concerned with the lower right corner.

This picture is the P72. It does not have a R54 slot. Everything I read said you don't have to do that.
                C50, c51, the to chips and the J1 jumper and remove J12 for data logging.
                This pic doesn't have the 4 pin header for data logging present. It would go in cn2 far left corner.
                [IMG][/IMG]

I removed the 2 resistors for wideband. R136 and r138

And clipped J12 to be able to data log.
                [IMG][/IMG]

I realize this board looks less than perfect however It functions fine. Not sure where all the hair and stuff came from but it does work fine.
                Last edited by Stoner51; 11-02-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I got another p72 so I chipped it as well and replaced all the Capacitors.
                  This gives me 2 p72 ecu's. One for backup.
                  Pic of the whole board after chipping.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

The chip and adding c51 and c52.
                  I had my p06 chipped by some one else and they did not put c51 and c52 in. So it must not be an absolute.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

This pic shows the r 136 and r138 and the j12 removed. The first two I think are only removed for hondata and closed loop for wideband.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Steve

Comment

Did you add a thermal interface material to the vreg? I always do, it only helps reliability

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                    X