1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

nice unique project you got there.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Finally new updates. Older ones up in reserved spots

Thanks everybody for the comments! I've taken a lot of pictures lately but been too lazy to upload them. Well here they are in one giant batch enjoy! Scroll up for the major updates.

Todays update:

This is why you need EVO 1-3 fenders when doing a EVO front bumper swap.

Apparently the Honda scene is a little more detailed than the DSM forums i've been lurking on. I've read that the EVO 1-3 fenders have a slightly bigger aggressive arc compared to the Mirage and base Lancer. After trying to figure out how to take the bum per off..... I was very upset to find out the bumper lines match almost perfectly but it either comes up too short to reach the Mirage fender if I line up the sidemarker. if I lined up the sidemarker, it comes up about a inch short of meeting the factory Mirage body line.

I'm almost tempted to do a Lancer GLXI or Libero front end if I can't acquire EVO fenders. This is how the other JDM fronts look like that don't require special evo bumpers:

Lancer GLXI (top line Lancer model)

Reminds me of the older Toyota Celicas front bumper....

Lancer Libero (Lancer wagon)

Although a wagon front, I like the way these look better with the builtin fogs.

Last edited by Warudakumi; 05-05-2015, 07:12 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
        1994 Prelude V-Tec
        1999 CL 3.0
        2000 Prelude
        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5

Comment

More updates....

Another piece of the puzzle.....

OEM Evo 3 Front corner sidemarker lamps

And last but not least.... picked up this Turbo GST automaJik for 1100 on craigs. Has a broken torque converter and hood/fender damage. Hopefully I don't fall in love with it because it was a car I liked back in highschool one time. I really wanted a 1G for ease of installation and to avoid the forsaken crank walk issues of the 7bolts...but thought i'd go the USDM route this time to see if BAR will be nicer to this car than my Honda.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude

Comment

Looking good. You're a mitsu guy now

Comment

I love what I am seeing here.

I knew a guy that put a turbo evo motor into his mirage (same model as yours). It was FWD for the longest time but he did an AWD swap right before he sold it. He said he had the most fun in that car messing with people who didn't understand what it was.

Can't wait to see this thing finished.

Comment

This thing is awesome. I love the weird and quirky cars. Helped build a turbo geo metro which is soon to be Honda powered. It's awesome being able to troll the streets and get the looks.

My 6th gen accord thread
                99 Miata

Comment

That hood is sick. Wondering if I could potentially make a vent on a cf hood for ours.

Hmmm...

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll have new updates maybe this weekend. My Aerocatch pins came in finally. I'm still 50/50 on installing them. There is a lot going on with the hood already. We will see.

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
                    Looking good. You're a mitsu guy now
                    Kinda sorta... I'm still a Honda/Nissan guy at heart. I used to like the Mitsubishi Eclipse back in the day...but being a tall guy and having to sit in my friends Eclipse backseat from Sacramento to Fairfield...I figured I needed something that had a real 4-seater capacity.

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                    I love what I am seeing here.

I knew a guy that put a turbo evo motor into his mirage (same model as yours). It was FWD for the longest time but he did an AWD swap right before he sold it. He said he had the most fun in that car messing with people who didn't understand what it was.

Can't wait to see this thing finished.
                    I would really love to do the AWD thing. I've seen some of the major parts local to me on the Mitsu forums where people gave up on their awd conversion. Maybe after the 4G63 is installed, I'll see if I'm itching to go for the full conversion.

Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
                    This thing is awesome. I love the weird and quirky cars. Helped build a turbo geo metro which is soon to be Honda powered. It's awesome being able to troll the streets and get the looks.
                    Before I bought the Eclipse, I pondered the thought of throwing my Built H22 in the mirage. Of course custom mounts would be needed and I'm not sure if it would clear the hood. I think a B-Series engine has more of the right dimensions for a crazy Honda swap since the 4G63 seems to be a newly discovered fad for the Civic guys.

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                    That hood is sick. Wondering if I could potentially make a vent on a cf hood for ours.

Hmmm...
                    You know what... after my accident surprisingly the hood almost went unscathed except for a few scratches and one punched area. I think the perfect vents for our cars design would be the Subaru hood vents. The non-STI Impreza or the subaru Legacy has a nice low profile hood scoop.

What a waste. Actually could've kept this carbon hood.

Those vents would be a hella easy install for me. Lemme know if you wanna go through with it. We could get a beater hood from Pick n' pull.
                    Last edited by Warudakumi; 05-11-2015, 03:58 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                    1999 CL 3.0
                    2000 Prelude

Comment

Small update

Test fitted rear window glass louvers. I hate the fake carbon look print and will be paint matching this later. Also bought 2 more sets of EVO rear reflectors. 1 set EVO 3 and one set EVO 1-2. Finally sourced some EVO front fenders.... about to break the bank but it's a must have. Next on the list I will be ordering a FMIC and new radiator setup.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude

Comment

Lower + wheels. It's asking for it.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

memories

This thread reminds me of one of the coolest cars I have seen. I remember a awd mirage on pinks all out about 7 years ago. Funny a quick we search turned this up. http://www.mirageforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32380
                          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Finally some updates!!

Finally pushed myself to install the EVO fenders I've had for a few months now. This is the reason why my EVO front bumper didn't fit properly let alone bolt on snug.

The EVO fenders (in white) are a tad bit wider and allow for bigger wheels. This makes the arch sit a little more forward therefore missing the stock mirage bumper entirely. Hopefully next weekend I will have the EVO front bumper on. If not I can wait till my intercooler comes in so I can intimidate the local racers with my 1.5L 92HP demon lol. This year is almost over.... maybe it's better to do the 4G63 after when smog comes up so i'll have a full 2 years of fun. 396miles per tank and my latest fill was only $22.12 to fill....kinda like it even though the car is slow as balls. Eclipse is still sitting begging for the motor to be pulled out!

Old issue (EVO bumper on Mirage fenders)

New issue (Mirage bumper on EVO Fenders)

Last edited by Warudakumi; 09-22-2015, 06:26 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                            1999 CL 3.0
                            2000 Prelude

Comment

Hey I remember reading about this thread a few years ago. I never got a chance to comment back then. I wanted to share my kind words about your project. I learned a lot of stuff reading through your thread.
                              I never knew anything about EVOs. I did not know we even got that mirage body style. I don't think I have ever seen one on the road or at the junkyards. You have put a lot of work into this project.

Really cool how you are sourcing all of your parts and taking your time. I know it must be pretty expensive to get your parts from overseas. That roof damage was insane! Instead of repairing it could you cut out the roof from a donor car assuming that the donor is from an area without salt?

So you can swap the motor from that generation eclipse into the mirage? If so I learned another thing.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully you have some pictures and a nice update waiting for us

Comment

Brilliant.

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X