Clear All

looks good. not a fan of those intercooler pipes though
    AKA:ONEOFFACCORD

Comment

Nice, great project you have going
      MYCB7.com

Comment

looks good

where did u get ur reducers? (like the intake mani to the charge pipe and stuff like that)

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

I like your project, but the motor is stock. Add a turbo, and get ready to open your wallet..... I COULD be wrong, but I am curious of how long it'll be reliable. You looking to eventaully build a new bottom end?

*edit* Just read your profile again, you might need those beautiful new internals and new ARP fasteners down the road.
          Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 06-01-2006, 10:08 AM.
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

how much psi
            92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

Looks like you got a good project going there. I would put the bumper back on for aerodynamic purposes, but that's just my opinion. Good luck!
              Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

I havent been on here in a while but I'll answer a couple of the questions that I saw.

The accord is running 8psi but I've run 13psi on race gas at the track. It feels really solid, and I havent detected any signs of detonation. Plugs look great. Sometime we are actually going to do some datalogging on it again and see if we can tune it a little better but overall its got a good tune on it. With the stock exhaust it wont boost over 8psi because that's all the exhaust will flow. Good thing is though it's very quiet - the only sounds you here are turbo spool and bov. At the track we unbolt the downpipe and run it open from the o2 housing. Once I get a tranny and AC working again, exhaust and bumper will be next.

The AC is intact (wasnt working prior to project) but is going to need a custom cold side line fabbed due to close proximity to o2 housing. It's attached now but is touching so I dont think the AC will work very good until its got a little space between the cold side and the o2 housing.

The reducers are actually just 2.5" hose from a hose distributor down here. Since its got Tbolt clamps we were able to tighten them down to the 2.25" without any wrinkling or leaks. - Works good. You can also buy the reducers on Ebay for pretty cheap or from Full Race for a little more.

As far as the bumper goes... well, the stock bumper will not fit anymore, even in a hacked up state (we tried). So a body kit bumper is my only real option but until I can find a doner 5 speed car I'm not investing any money in the looks. The auto had problems before we even started this project and it still has issues (mainly it has to manually be shifted through the gears and it doesnt lock up in lower gears). This really limits it's 1/4mile ability. I'm thinking with a 5 speed with a decent clutch it would easily get into the 14's with open downpipe.
                ~ Viva la Roofnips ~
                2006 Evolution MR 13.008 @ 106.7
                2006 WRX Sti (still breaking it in)
                1990 Honda Accord LX-T 15.6 @ 93

Comment

Hey nice turbo setup you got going there, even cooler that you ride is automatic. Makes me want to turbo mine LOL. Check out my ride sometime.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

nice car dood, you should come to the Texas Meet Nov 4th....click the link in the sig

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                    X