Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

alternator questions!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator questions!!!

hey guys i got a few questions

1. sometimes when i step on the break the lights like dim or flicker and my radio shuts off then goes back on often

2. it is sending a humming sound thru my sub

3. cud it b the alternator or can it be somehting else, i mean the radio never gave me problems, or this humming noise that i am hearing please help ASAPP

I'd check all your grounds and freshen them up.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

are your rca and power cables run on the same side of the car?
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

Switch off your stereo and drive around in it again.

Observe if it still does the same thing.

If not its most likely to be your stereo or your wiring (particularly if your stereo has just been installed).

If the stereo has been installed for a while or the lights still fade (with the stereo off or disconnected) then theres a good chance its not the wiring or stereo.

In this case it could be your alternator not copeing anymore with the power requirements or your voltage regulator may be starting to malfunction.
        Rides:

Accord
        92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
        95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
        91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

If you cant switch off your amp (as it has no switch and is wired directly to the ignition +ve) then either remove the fuse or your going to have to remove the wire loom going into the amp.

This would remove your amp and stereo from the equation and isolate the problem to exclude your mod.
          Rides:

Accord
          92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
          96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
          95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
          91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

I had the same issue my crank pulley had seperated and th alt wasn't spinning. What is your voltage with car running at the battery??

Click it.... You know you wanna
            Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
              I had the same issue my crank pulley had seperated and th alt wasn't spinning. What is your voltage with car running at the battery??
              how would i find that out, ?? and also for everyone else i do unplug the sub bc u cant shut it off and the humming stops BUT the lights still flicker wen i hit the break or the radio still will shut off

Comment

Take a multimeter and put one probe on each battery terminak when your car is running... should be at 13-15V

If not your alternator is malfuntioning which is what it sounds like

Click it.... You know you wanna
                Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

yea i personally think it is that due to the lack of power being kicked out to run everything.. and the lights flickering and all that

Comment

Check the amp power cable. That shit happened to me a couple of months ago. Everything dimmed in my car. I have projectors, a new panasonic HU, a eockfrd punch 1200 and 2x 12 running as well as a power inverter when I play xbox in the car when I'm bored as hell doing nothing.
                    The power cables and the ground fucks everything up. Also make sure your stereo is hook up correctly from the back (the ignition and backup). Sometimes people hook em up wrong. Other than that, I redid my car's wiring to 0 gauage for further upgrades

Comment

Working...
                    X