oil pump help asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pump help asap

I have a h22a and it need a oil pump I found a f22 oem brand new for cheap would the f22 pump work on my h22 please let me know asap

Try comparing the part numbers on hondaautomotiveparts.com.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

They have different part #s so no not on my car.
      But ASAP I could probably make it work on your car though.
      It will bolt up but not with a perfect fit.
      Grinding, welding custom gasket making.
      Maybe you could use your h22 housing with all the f22 moving parts.
      Still they are designed to spin 6000 rpm not 7200. So still I say no.
      It would have to be a free f22 pump and have the h22 pump ready and not my car for me to try it.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Other than not having the provisions built into it for the auto tensioner that the H22A/F20B has, what is the difference, dimensionally, that you would have to perform grinding on to make work?

The H22A unit was designed for an engine that used oil squirters. This essentially creates a sieve in your oiling system through which fluid is constantly leaking. Of course it's designed this way, but there needs to be an increase in pressure and flow in order to accommodate this feature.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thank u all I will be order a new oem h22 pump suck to be me lol 210 for it

Comment

Honestly I haven't tried. I don't even have an h22. I haven't even turned a wrench on an h22. I do have Google though and read of a couple different attempts to put f22 pump on h block and vice versa. The housing at the top has a different profile which would not seal to the block. I obviously can't weld cast aluminum in my driveway but maybe jb weld. It seems like a bit would need ground off to put the f pump on the h. That fitment issue among other reasons jarret posted lead to use the h22 pump.
            Editing.
            The fact the h22 has vtec and rear piston oil squirters does not give it a different oil pump from the h23 which has neither. So really the only issue with the f pump is fitment.
            Last edited by cb7 calling; 05-29-2013, 08:10 AM.
            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
            X