No announcement yet.

Car was stolen last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is absolute shit and hurts my heart. Good luck with whatever happens.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I really hope you find it soon and intact. My DD 92LX sedan was stolen literally 15 ft from where my bedroom was in my apt. complex carport. They took it a block up the street, removed the radio and left it running at about 5am. They didn't take the Apexi WS exhaust or Prelude SE wheels on it, so most likely they were just in it for the car stereo.

Luckily a neighbor called it in and the police found it and called me right away so I didn't have to pay any impound fees. So, all it really cost me was 7 hours of anxiety and a cheap pioneer radio and mounting kit.

That really freaked me out so I immediately looked for a new DD and a car with an immobilizer and found a 97 LS400 that day and picked it up the next.

I still have my H22 coupe though, but it's always locked up in a garage now. Really afraid to drive it to malls and other bad parts of town where I can't keep an eye on it.

I really wish you good luck in your search for your car, you never know, they could've taken it for a ride and left it somewhere in good shape.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Hopefully you can at least recover the vehicle. Best case scenario they get caught and you can get most of your stuff back, if not all. There are so many unique parts on your car that it's hard to imagine they could sell it and not get noticed.

Comment

Damn, that sucks, I know the feeling, had a Buick Skylark stolen, they had broken into my house, we didn't notice he had grabbed the spare keys, and came back for the car 3 days later, dogged the shit out of the poor car, never ran right again, they ran it out of gas a few blocks away from my house and the cops wouldn't take me to get some gas for it so I could drive it home, they towed it off and charged me for the storage and tow!!!
          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Haha, sucks to be you, bitch!

Only kidding, I just don't have anything helpful to put up. Seriously though, good luck getting it back.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Gosh dang it! I was hoping to open this thread and see that Sonik decided to get his stripped CB from the junkyard and begin the process of building it back up (his thread title is similar to yours). I was hoping that someone didn't steal your CB.

What is up with people stealing our CBs recently? Are they finding out about us by coming here or to CB pages/groups on Facebook? I don't know how else they would know, since the ones that have been stolen recently were not driven daily (as far as I know).
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I was afraid of that at first. But I think it's just really bad luck on my part. 3 other cars were stolen in 3 days as well. Another Honda, wasn't informed on what it was, a Subaru WRX STi and a Camero of some sort all in 3-4 days total. Some guys in a local car club told me that this happened a year ago as well, with 3 cars and none of them were ever seen again. So who knows at this point, its day 4, I've been hawking craigslist in the surrounding states. Nothing so far on any of my parts.

Turns out another Honda was just stolen as well last night just a block away from where the other Honda was stolen. This is just getting ridiculous. Normally we have no car thefts in this town and now they are turning up all over the place.

If I get her back or whatever I replace her with, will have a bunch of safety features installed and always be in the garage. Which is going to make life a bitch, since I can literally fit a car in there and walk around it basically. Regardless I've learned my lesson on this one. Which is something none of us should have to go through.

They stole what me and my son were going to have our entire lives, and make some great memories in. Instead some worthless piece of shit decided to ruin all of that over some worthless money. I fucking hate people and really want to move out into the country or forest again. Something other than living anywhere around people.

I guess the only saving grace to this is the car is fully insured. I talked to the insurance company and as long as I can provide receipts for all the parts I will get reimbursed. Luckily I have saved every receipt related to this project as I wanted to know what Lola cost me as a running total. I just never got around to putting it all into Excel. Having to sort through all the car receipts now though. As everything for the Pilot and the sedan is in the same pile. Not really a big deal just time consuming. I would still rather have my baby back though as opposed to getting paid for her. But time will tell on this one.

I don't know what to tell my son though. He keeps asking me about Lola, and wants to look at pictures of her. Which breaks my heart every time he asks. He just won't understand that someone else thought they deserved it more than I did. I've cried every day about this. I know most people just think it's a car but Lola really was a member of our family. My son grew up with her literally. He was out there with me in a high chair before he could talk or walk watching daddy. He was crawling in her when there was no interior other than the carpet. As you all saw in my MRT he loved to stand on the engine. He would tell me about the intake manifold, and the header, and the sounds that she makes while driving. VRROOOOMMMM!!! I just can't believe she is gone.... Sorry guys still pretty emotional about this one. At least I got to make some memories with her, and with my son and her. This last week before she was stolen we were taking her out about every other night to go for a drive. He loved actually getting to ride somewhere in her. Especially after spending some much time working on her with me. On Thursday night we went back out to Fort Missoula and took a second round of pictures to match the first set. I actually have pictures of my son and her together. So that is good, I'll get them posted up here soon, just things have been pretty crazy around our house lately. Not like we weren't busy before, this just adds to the shit storm.

Also thanks guys. I appreciate the support.
                Last edited by Rilas; 08-30-2016, 08:08 PM.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

This is definitely crazy sorry for your loss but I'm thinking there was a all out demand for certain cars and you just happen to be the target of someone looking to make a name for themselves and open up a chop-shop.

No one ever really sees it coming which is sad. Time to start looking for another car bro hopefully if the police don't find it first. was it towed or hotwired? best time to put a kill switch in if you get the chance.

Comment

2 more cars were stolen in town. One of them was from a shop, and someone called a guy told him they had a hot car to sell. Turns out it was his stolen car that he went and looked at. A detective came to our house yesterday and was asking my GF if we knew 2 suspects. So it seems like at least this may stop in our town. Doesn't mean that I'll see Lola ever again though.

Comment

Holy crap dude, I was just admiring your rebuild the other day on your MRT.

Sucks this happened.

I've searched this forum enough and found a few very old threads containing some bad ass immobilizer kill switches.

One, I actually took serious, and assembled 40 units to resale, because the thread, and diagram does not have a legend telling what each symbol means and i had to decode it myself.

I made a few mods to the actual directions because after a few were installed, I ran into some problems and flaws.

If you ever get it back, or pick up another, you may want to look into it:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=7326

P.S. Im hardly on the forums, to contact me, must PM

MRT

Comment

Check out MRT for updates on this. I'll let you guys know this here though. She was found on 9/9/16.

Comment

Glad it was found! Hopefully insurance will pay enough to get it back to its former condition!

Comment

Working...
                          X