CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Suspension > Brake Performance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #61
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
So I am to understand that the only thing that makes this a problem is the fact the bleeder valve is in the wrong spot.....and to negate this all you have to do is bleed the caliper off the car?
Yup Just take the caliper off, stick a block of wood in it, and bleed.
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #62
King James
Contributing Member

King James is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to King James Send a message via MSN to King James
That really isnt much of a problem at all when you do the work on your car anyways

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life
King James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #63
9threeEX
CB7tuner Member

9threeEX is cool... so far.
http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-su...-calipers.html

makes sense to me.....and the spoon calipers are f'in bad!!!!
Old 09-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #64
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
Wow. I know this post is ancient, but the OP's info is way off with the explanation as to why one shouldn't use calipers from a Legend and flip them left to right. That illustration is a bit misleading too. It doesn't explain really what's going on. The point about the bleeder valve location is a valid point, easily solved by the flip.

Caliper pistons don't get engaged with different speed/pressure if they are different sizes. They'd have to be working off of different brake line circuits for that to happen. The equal pressure between the pistons is focused more acutely from the smaller piston to the pad versus the larger piston to its portion of the pad.

From Wilwood's website:
Q: What's the purpose of having a big piston and a small piston in a Caliper (staggered pistons)?

A: Multi-piston calipers, normally with six or more pistons, have bore sizes that increase in size from front to rear.

This allows a pressure differential between the leading and trailing edge of the caliper, thus providing an even wear pattern along the entire length of the brake pad, hence it controls brake taper. This is necessary because incandescent material and debris from the leading edge of the pad is trapped between the pad and rotor; it tends to float the trailing edge of the pad off the rotor. A larger piston at the trailing edge of the pad provides more pressure to compensate for this debris buildup and keep the pad flat against the rotor. --End

For my money I'd go with those that say the Legend calipers fit when they're flipped and work well.

Last edited by wtfisafleek; 09-24-2017 at 01:26 PM.
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #65
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Yeah, I can't think of anyone that actually installed them that said they had discernible wear issues.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: