Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good beginner Nikon would be a D40. No clue for Canons.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      whats the set up you used for that? how much do those tall flashes run?
      I was shooting with a Canon 40D with an 10-22mm lens. One flash was a Canon 580EX and the other was a Canon 430EX II. They were both being triggered with a Canon ST-E2. One flash was mounted to a light stand and the other one was on an old tripod.

I'd like to eventually get Cybersync or Pocket Wizards for triggers since the IR trigger I was using needed the front of the flash to be oriented towards the camera to work.
      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

yeah the canon IR triggers will limit u very quickly... especially in bright sunlight...

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

That's one of the reasons why I love Nikon's CLS system to trigger flashes wireless. Works very well with no need to have the flashes pointing at the camera and allows you full manual control of the flash strength directly from the camera body so no need to run up to the flash to change flash power.
          The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
          Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
          Check out my JDM F22B swap
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

very much agreed.... nikon had the right idea with that... canon is however following suit with the 7d and the newer bodies...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
              A good beginner Nikon would be a D40. No clue for Canons.
              now if i find something for the "body" of the camera., is that just for the body and theres no electronics inside it? or is it for the camera with no lense?

Comment

camera no lens... and i was speaking of shutter speed not ISO

u should look up how exposure works and study it hardcore.... it explains mostly everything u need to know about photography regarding settings using natural lighting...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                  camera no lens... and i was speaking of shutter speed not ISO

u should look up how exposure works and study it hardcore.... it explains mostly everything u need to know about photography regarding settings using natural lighting...
                  thanks for that. and ill be sure to look up that stuff. ill also call the company and talk to them about the settings on the camera too. it'll help me better understand how to set stuff.

being that i just found a few D40s on ebay, i might just try getting one of those. right now im working with a Finepix S700 from Fujifilm and it seems to work nicely. nice clear pics too.

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
                    Yeah I totally agree with your comments about the rear quarter being too dark. I think I angled the flash too much towards the front to get light up there. I'll take a look at how Chris sets up his shots and learn from that. This one is a little more evenly lit. This is the actual color of the car.

I prefer that image, much cleaner. Also there is way less noise or color grain in this image. (didn't realize you'd adjusted the color so much in the other one).

Looks like a fun outing, I can't wait to play with flashes.
                    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      thanks for that. and ill be sure to look up that stuff. ill also call the company and talk to them about the settings on the camera too. it'll help me better understand how to set stuff.

being that i just found a few D40s on ebay, i might just try getting one of those. right now im working with a Finepix S700 from Fujifilm and it seems to work nicely. nice clear pics too.
                      if u wanna take taking pics seriously at all i suggest getting an slr.... its hard to really see what the camera is doing without using one.... using a dslr will show u that it isnt just about clear pics... the photographer makes the camera take clear pics, not the other way around... ur doing very well so far, i just suggest moving up and seeing the whole spectrum.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Chris: On an unrelated note, when do we get to see those white EG shots?

I'm really curious what results that lighting setup during daytime produced. (I'm sure they're great...)

Comment

well, i wish i had the answer to that question.... it will be in 2010 tho!

The Chronicles.

Comment

Here is a few recent shots of mine...

1999 Honda Prelude
                            Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                              if u wanna take taking pics seriously at all i suggest getting an slr.... its hard to really see what the camera is doing without using one.... using a dslr will show u that it isnt just about clear pics... the photographer makes the camera take clear pics, not the other way around... ur doing very well so far, i just suggest moving up and seeing the whole spectrum.

thanks man. always a help. cars and photography i think i might just get that D40 next month. ill see about getting some set ups for it too.

Originally posted by zelseman View Post

those look good man.

how do yall get those shots where it has a solid black background? do yall actually have the subject in front of a black background?

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post

First one looks oof to me.

SEcond one the expression frightens me. Like the comp and idea though.

Comment

Working...
                                X