Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post

those look good man.

how do yall get those shots where it has a solid black background? do yall actually have the subject in front of a black background?
    Thanks. There is a black background about 4-6 ft. behind her. I underexposed the background and lit the subject with a 430ex off camera. Make sure you avoid any light from spilling onto the subject. Feathering is pretty useful in this situation.

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
    First one looks oof to me.

SEcond one the expression frightens me. Like the comp and idea though.
    The first one is in focus on the original, must be compression. it is a wide aperture so the face is the only thing in perfect focus.
    Babies kinda frighten me in general, but it's a paying customer so it works. I have also worked out a deal with the grandmother of this one to have a shoot once a month for the next year. Lots of paid practice on newborns.

1999 Honda Prelude
    Photography Site

Comment

Experimenting with off - camera flash some more. Picture was taken with a single SB-600 flash fired wirelessly at 1/128 power since it was fairly close behind the glass at f16, 1/200 sec.

The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Jaslene, the woman who won americas next top model....

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post

Jaslene, the woman who won americas next top model....
          dag she look skinny. wtf? is that the standard of today's models now?

Comment

she is skinny as all hell but GORGEOUS!

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
              she is skinny as all hell but GORGEOUS!
              eh.....idk. lol.

hey. i used the flash my g/f camera to take a pic last night. came out pretty good too. ill post it up in a sec. i actually got a couple of pics i took. i was messing with the different setting on the camera. set it to Aperture priority.
              Last edited by Shadow1; 01-22-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

heres one i used my g/f flash on her camera and timed it with the pic.

another i was just messing with the settings so as not to have the pic come out so orange. im sure with a few more minutes i could have got a perfect pic. but it still looks good tho.

Comment

This was a really random shoot of my friend's (clean) teg. I'm pleased with the results (for once). What do you guys think?

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)
                  Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Since you asked...the car needs to come farther away from the background. Its a clean car, and the shots arent bad at all.

1999 Honda Prelude
                    Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                      Since you asked...the car needs to come farther away from the background. Its a clean car, and the shots arent bad at all.
                      That's a really good call. I knew there was something I didn't like about the picture but I don't have a good enough eye to realize what I'm looking at.
                      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
                        Yup, I got two f1000 suction cups, 3 super clamps and a magic arm. I was using an extendable manfrotto pole at first but it flexed too much so i ended up just using a couple of metal pipes from Home Depot and used a coupler to join them together. I got all my pieces locally at Samy's Camera.

Isn't that Awe_Shiets car? I remember the hit and run story.
                        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

wtf man? no one even said anything about the pics i posted...

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                          This was a really random shoot of my friend's (clean) teg. I'm pleased with the results (for once). What do you guys think?

i think #2 out them all. i think its ok to have the car close to the background. just not thru all the pics tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                            wtf man? no one even said anything about the pics i posted...
                            same here but oh well...

As far as your shots here are few things that I picked up. If your colors are off a bit, like you said to yellow, make sure your white balance is set to flash if using flash. Also, I'm not sure but first pic looks like a direct flash. I usually try to avoid that. Bounce it or diffuse it to get nicer light and softer shadows. I don't know what camera you have, but try to play with off camera lighting. It's fun and gives you a lot of flexibility and controll over the light. Lastly, shooting in manual mode will give you the most control.
                            The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                            Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                            Check out my JDM F22B swap
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
                              same here but oh well...

As far as your shots here are few things that I picked up. If your colors are off a bit, like you said to yellow, make sure your white balance is set to flash if using flash. Also, I'm not sure but first pic looks like a direct flash. I usually try to avoid that. Bounce it or diffuse it to get nicer light and softer shadows. I don't know what camera you have, but try to play with off camera lighting. It's fun and gives you a lot of flexibility and control over the light. Lastly, shooting in manual mode will give you the most control.
                              ill try messing with in manual mode later tonight.

the flash wasnt a direct one. unless your talking about the flash going directly towards the object. lol. in that case yeah. it was. i used my g/f camera and timed the flash with when i was taking the pic.

but ill try messing with the white balance. its a Fujifilm Finepix S700. not expensive but good enough for the things i want to do. lol.

Comment

White balance is a feature that a lot of people look over when taking pictures. I dont know what kind of white balance adjustment you have with a point and shoot, but I normally always shoot a custom white balance for the lighting that im in.
                                The shots you posted arent bad. Snapshotish, but not bad at all. The first is slightly overexposed. You lost all of your details in your whites. Try backing down the flash or lowering the exposure in post.

1999 Honda Prelude
                                Photography Site

Comment

Working...
                                X