Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Have $4k budget. 93 lx 4dr auto right now, swap for sure but which one????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is current state....

Last edited by smac; 09-09-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Guys it’s getting to be crunch time for me and I REALLY need help to try and get this swap done this weekend. Or pretty dang close.

I don’t know where to post this so please admin help.
      Here is my mobile 850 889 6377. If anyone is in/near Pensacola Fl and can help me or know someone that can this weekend if at all possible etc please call or txt me.

I will continue to look for local shops or help but everyone I call says they don’t touch swaps unless exact replacements etc....

BTW. This stems from the guy that originally stated he could/would do the job with provided quote, went MIA....
      Last edited by smac; 09-14-2018, 05:27 PM. Reason: More clarification

Comment

Current status

2dr has new distributor but still won’t start. I need help with all the wiring though because it was cut far back so I spliced as much as possible as color for color as I could but nothing. I could use help here too...

4dr: Hoist is ready and motor is ready for pulling other than axles pulled from transmission which I plan to attempt tonight.
        Other than that, it’s ready to pull.
        I have all the ordered parts and kits for my f20b FINALLY ready for installation.
        Transmission arrived MP1A auto also
        All this means I am ready but need ALOT of help and or guidance etc
        Last edited by smac; 09-14-2018, 07:10 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

current status

Comment

Guys I found a chip/crack about 3/4 inch long on the inside inner lip of my crank pulley. I went on ebay and just starting browsing for oem used ones and found that they are sole with worse chips cracks than mine??
            Am I o or should I replace? Other than this small crack, this crank pulley looks really good.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen people run some pretty gnarly looking ones. If it was solid metal, it would lead to harmonics because of the imbalance. However, because of the hardened rubber, most of that is mitigated. Can you? Sure. Is it ideal? Probably not. Would a daily driver ever notice it? Probably not.
              Last edited by Jarrett; 07-30-2019, 11:03 AM.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                Yeah, I've seen people run some pretty gnarly looking ones. If it was solid metal, it would lead to harmonics because of the imbalance. However, because of the hardened rubber, most of that is mitigated. Can you? Sure. Is it ideal? Probably not. Would a daily driver ever notice it? Probably not.
                Ok thanks man. I decided to run my f22 crank pulley. I am reaching out to grumpy about belt sizing etc.
                Last edited by Jarrett; 07-30-2019, 11:03 AM.

Comment

clearly I am past my due date ( to be expected kinda since the help MIA ) but feel confident I am really close. I have alot of pics and updates to add in the next day or so..

stay tuned......

couple HUGE surprises!!!

Comment

is there anyone on here running a f20b with an auto tranny?
                    What ECU are you running?
                    Did you convert from OBD2 to OBD1?

Comment

Holidays and change in plans has this project stalled at the moment.

UPDATES!!!

4dr Motor out completely. Need clean engine bay and drop f20b back in thats ready

2dr . I am trying to get someone local to change the timing belt for me as I am just WAY to busy.....

Comment

wow has it been WAAAYYYYY to long since I posted about this project.

My father-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer in early January this year so MY Entire life has taken the backseat to helping him beat this! He is doing great.

Back to this "project". I never wanted to use those words to describe this car but thats whats its turned into.

UPDATE!!

I have scheduled the drop in of my f20b for early next week. My hope is to be writing in this forum by next Friday 7/26 about how nice and fun it is to have gotten this ride back on the road. I then plan to write a post of what all I bought and installed on this car so far, plus a dyno tune and a HP/Tq sheet for review.

I may have a few questions pop up from the install and plan to ask them on this site after researching answers first of course.

research first then ask...

Comment

Car was picked up about 20 mins ago on the way to shop for f20b install.
                          More to come next week.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Cancer is a terrible thing.

Did the external coil distributor ever come in? What are your plans for the wiring harness? If I were you, I'd have the mangled harness sent to wire-worx or Wirewhere there in Florida and have them replicate something that will plug into your factory shock tower plugs. They can also add a wideband connector, all of your VTEC/IAB wiring, and even change injector plugs if you'd like something better for future mods. Most of their harnesses go all the way back to ECU plugs, but I'm confident they would work with you. That would be the best way of correcting the cut wire issue with the distributor.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Cancer is a terrible thing.

Did the external coil distributor ever come in? What are your plans for the wiring harness? If I were you, I'd have the mangled harness sent to wire-worx or Wirewhere there in Florida and have them replicate something that will plug into your factory shock tower plugs. They can also add a wideband connector, all of your VTEC/IAB wiring, and even change injector plugs if you'd like something better for future mods. Most of their harnesses go all the way back to ECU plugs, but I'm confident they would work with you. That would be the best way of correcting the cut wire issue with the distributor.
                              Thanks for sharing concern for my father-in-law! He is doing better and lives with me now.
                              Also, thanks for asking about the wiring for the 2dr.

Update for 2dr: I sold the coupe before moving back to Orlando . I just didnt have the time and effort needed to complete it and bring it with me when I moved. I only have my original 4dr thats in the shop having the f20b dropped in.

Comment

Gotcha. So your path to a swapped Accord is pretty straightforward now I guess. No more issues like chopped harness or whatever else was a problem when this thread was started?

Comment

Working...
                                X