This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cown3d View Post
    i didnt look closely, but a complete list of bulbs used in each place would be nice
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1183
    wat?

Comment

Im pretty sure I listed all the bulbs we replaced...

If not, then yeah, the link C91 provided lists OEM bulbs numbers. 168 and 194 are the same bulb, so..

Mike, pics look good.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

^you did...but not in one collected place, also i ment all possible lights.
        I old cars
        Syndicate
        87' Mazda rx7 TII - not stock
        90' Honda Accord coupe - stock

Comment

I see.

Yeah, we were just dabbling with EXT lights. Im pretty sure you can LED every sinlge light on the car.

Even the headlights....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Great diy! Just wondering, would it be possible to take it up a notch and experiment with these?

http://superbrightleds.com/specs/pcblamp.htm

Comment

Actually, this was something I had thought about.

I really want to take it up a notch, and if not make Full-LED lights, then at least have some kind of board in there.

If not these, then i thought about tearing open a pair of 6G LED lights or even an 8G[??] pair. I think it was 8G. Some of them came with LEDs from the factory. At night, they look pretty similar, so i figured itd be worth a try.

Just havent been able to get my hands on a pair, lol.

If you went with those PCBs, you'd have to find some way of keeping them upright and pointing outward.

Comment

Lots of homework to be done, I guess. There's quite a few electronics shops near my area, I guess that's a good place to start asking questions. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Ok, I bought the equalizers today. Installed them on one side (front bumper light and rear turn signal) connected them both up, and still have the hyperblink on that side.

There are two wires coming from the rear turn signal (Green with a yellow tracer and black), up front there are two green with yellow tracer wires and one black. Does it matter which green/yellow wire the eq is attached to up front OR which side of the eq is at which wire??

Comment

No it just goes one end to positive and one end to neg, so the two wires that come out the bulbs.

I noticed with the equalizer, the insulation kinda is longer than the metal wire inside, so you may have to re-do the crimp and make sure you grabbed some wire. Because thats what happened to me the first time i just got some insulation and no wire. So I cut the end of so the length of wire and insulation is the same and re-crimped it and its been good ever since.
                    wat?

Comment

hmm, I will have to double check that. Thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: Fixed. Just needed a little persuasion. The metal contact on the connectors was not getting through the wire insulation...

Just gave them all a good squeeze with the pliers and they all started cooperating.
                      Last edited by MadSpleen85; 07-16-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

i just went to AutoZone and spent $100 on the led bulbs (no 1156 white or amber, they only had red). i got 4 (2 sets) 1157 red, and 6 194 amber (3 sets, returning 1 and will try to get them in white) and 4 (2 sets) of the equalizer .

question. The ones at AZ are 12 bulbs, and i did the driver side brake lights to see how much brighter it was but i think my sylvania's are brighter. They do light up quicker, but is it just me or is it because they are 12 instead of 18??

thanks

oh, i didnt' install the EQ since that is just for the hyperblinking.
                        Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

Yo

I bought the same bulbs and they would absolutely not fit in my rear lights it was ridiculous

Comment

Brake lights, rear signals or both?

Do they almost fit or is there not even a chance? Cuz i had that problem on my OEM tails, but after a little careful sanding, they fit.

Strangely, my Red/Clears didnt need to be sanded at all.

Comment

stock tail light and they fit without a problem.
                              it was like a direct replacement.
                              and it was just the brake lights.

i ended up returning everything since it was not as bright as the picture. I will get the 18 bulb ones and see if they are brighter.

I hope i wont have this problem when I get my red/clear
                              Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

I dont remember how many individual LEDs my bulbs have, but i wanna say its like 16-20. Maybe not even that many. They fit perfect and theyre bright enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X