• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be the fit with the highest milage

CALI LIFE STYLE
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

Looks like the only one on there that beats me is an 07

I may still have the highest mileage on a 2nd gen.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
        jakfrost still doing maintenance on it?
        I replaced both oxygen sensors last time (pain in the ass they were )
        Cleared the codes, also didnt know he had a cat code as well. Not sure if it came back.

The other cool thing about these newer cars is that they have a maintenance minder system built in.
        It tells you what service is coming up next depending on how you drive.
        So other than oil changes, not sure whats next with that mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
          Cleared the codes, also didnt know he had a cat code as well. Not sure if it came back.

The other cool thing about these newer cars is that they have a maintenance minder system built in.
          long time no see/hear

good to see your post
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post

CEL just came on yesterday I haven't had it checked (damn OBD2!) but I assume it's that cat code you mentioned. You did say it would return! Got me through inspection, though... so that's all that matters Of course, the asshat gave me a 1 year inspection, since I had the 4 year dealer sticker AND the 1 year "extension"... I don't get it, but whatever.
            I'll have to get the code checked soon to make sure it's nothing serious... just in case it's not the cat code.

The maintenance minder is nice. I really only use it for oil changes, which is probably bad... but it's helpful. I don't have to keep track of mileage... just change the oil when it gets down to 15-20%!

Spark plugs are going to need to be changed again soon. I'm still on my 2nd set!

SEgirl, my AC compressor went as well. Twice, sorta. The first time was the coil. Second time it just crapped out completely. Blower failed around 188k... and it's been making noise for the past 70k or so now. Still works, so until it gives out, I'm not changing it! That's not terribly difficult to change, thankfully.
            Been through two clutches (broken, not worn... I feel they're defective, as I'm not THAT hard on them...) and one shifter mechanism. By the way, Garden State Honda in Passaic, NJ can suck a big fat one.

Comment

I was not a happy camper when it went out. Primarily because I'm in Florida and need the a/c, and secondly because I just expected more life out of it. Both of my 93's still have their original compressors at 212K and 320K. Only have about 10K miles to go before it's completely out of warranty, so if it goes again, hopefully it'll be before that.

My biggest complaint about the car is windshield noise that comes out of the passenger side. It was crazy making to the point that I was ready to trade the car in, and there were pages and pages of people complaining about the same thing in the FitFreak forum. I ended up paying for a new windshield out of pocket and had the guy put all kinds of extra sealant in that area and that took care of it. However, it just started up again last month, probably due to the cold weather. My dd is fairly short, so I can manage most of the time, but on 5+ hour drives, it's crazy making.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

SEgirl, my AC compressor went as well. Twice, sorta. The first time was the coil. Second time it just crapped out completely. Blower failed around 188k... and it's been making noise for the past 70k or so now. Still works, so until it gives out, I'm not changing it! That's not terribly difficult to change, thankfully.
              Been through two clutches (broken, not worn... I feel they're defective, as I'm not THAT hard on them...) and one shifter mechanism. By the way, Garden State Honda in Passaic, NJ can suck a big fat one.

Comment

I sold the Fit to Julianachos earlier this year, shortly before my wedding. It looked like ASS when I handed it over. I asked less than 10% of what I paid for it back in 2008, and almost felt guilty asking that much!

It had 390,000 miles on it when I passed the torch. As of writing this, it has a little less than 415,000. To my knowledge, still running quite well without any issues. Julian fixed it up cosmetically to the point where I don't even recognize it anymore. Truly impressive!
                These pictures are from Facebook, so they'll probably disappear in a short while... but for now, check out how nice he's got my old beast looking! I'm glad I sold it to Julian. It's nice to see this car get a second chance at life!

Comment

Glad to hear your Fit is still out and about and running. Still have mine and it's got close to 150K on it. I don't drive it much, as my 91 accord is my DD. While I really have no complaints about the Fit mechanically, I'm always amazed at how noisy it is after driving a cb7. There are so many rattles and I swear a window must be down from all the wind noise. However, can't beat if for gas mileage and cargo space so we'll be keeping it for a while.

I sold the Fit to Julianachos earlier this year, shortly before my wedding. It looked like ASS when I handed it over. I asked less than 10% of what I paid for it back in 2008, and almost felt guilty asking that much!

It had 390,000 miles on it when I passed the torch. As of writing this, it has a little less than 415,000. To my knowledge, still running quite well without any issues. Julian fixed it up cosmetically to the point where I don't even recognize it anymore. Truly impressive!
                  These pictures are from Facebook, so they'll probably disappear in a short while... but for now, check out how nice he's got my old beast looking! I'm glad I sold it to Julian. It's nice to see this car get a second chance at life!

Comment

Yeah, the wind noise is awful in the Fit! It's not well insulated at all.

Comment

Bump cause I'm doing my annual CB7T creeping. Fit is doing really well for what I've been putting it through. Mileage is around 439,900 now.

*the spoiler is a JDM Honda Modulo optional spoiler. Shown was a test fit. Need to get it painted along with the Sport model skirts and front bumper.

No major hiccups so far (knock on wood) and i've taken care of some stuff along the way thanks to some help, mostly jakfrost . No complaints here and it's better than doing payments on a Prius (original plan) and owning a VW (previous daily)

Here's a look at the records I've been keeping if anyone is interested-

May '16 - 391,000
                      - Oil change
                      - Cabin and air filter
                      - Wipers

August '16 - 401,500
                      - Oil change

September '16 - 403,000
                      - New tires (175/65/15 Ohtsu FP0612)

October '16 - 408,600
                      - Brake pads, rotors, calipers

November '16 - 411,380
                      - wipers (buy OEM next time)
                      - Washer fluid motor
                      - Oil change

December '16 - 413,000
                      - Driver side front air bag recall, fixed

January '17 - 418,150
                      - Alternator (Remanufactured Mitsubishi, lifetime warranty)
                      - Serpentine belt and tensioner
                      - Air filter

February '17 - 419,800
                      - valve adjustment
                      - spark plugs (NGK IZFR6K13)

February '17 - 421,250
                      - oil change

March '17 - 423,300
                      - axle, passenger side (lifetime warranty)
                      - axle seal, passenger side (OEM Honda, 91206-PHR-003)

April '17 - 428,240
                      - EBC slotted rotors (USR850), Akebono ceramic pads (ACT1394)
                      - Passenger side front air bag recall, fixed
                      - inner and outer tie rods, alignment

May '17 - 430,600
                      - Brake master cylinder/booster (40k miles, 2010)
                      - brake fluid flush (ATE DOT4 TYP 200)
                      - rotated tires, 2 Generals (10k miles)
                      - Oil change
                      Last edited by Julianachos; 07-11-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Hit up a maaco this winter. It'll be cheap.

Comment

Hit up a maaco this winter. It'll be cheap.
                          Buddy of mine is getting it all painted at his job. Gave him some old integra stuff he wanted. Not in a rush cause I want 16" wheels for it because it looks weird with the 15" steelies on it.

I'll get the A/C fixed before I decide to buy wheels though...

Comment

I should sell you my 16" Konigs. They're already familiar with the Fit (the wider track makes the car much more stable on the highway!) One needs to be repaired, though. Cracked the barrel. And they're kinda rough, being work wheels and all.

Comment

Working...
                            X