Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Couple questions about removing head f22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple questions about removing head f22a1

Hi all, this is my first post:
    I bought my 93 accord LX coupe 2 months ago. Car rain fairly well, all I noticed was a little oil from the valve cover and a little on the plugs. Decided to diy, I was in the process of changing the valve cover and spark plug tube seals . Took off the rocker assembly to replace the plug seals and in the process of of tightening the rocker assembly back on the head I bent a valve. I found it out after I started the car for maybe 10 seconds and heard a clanking rocker sound.
    Sooooo after driving my (physical) head into the wall over and over again I decided to start the process of removing the head and taking it to the machine shop. Now I have a couple questions maybe someone can help.
    1. Is it possible for me or a shop to replace just this one valve?
    2. Found a couple remanufactured f22a1 heads on ebay for bought 250 anyone have an experience with these ebay heads.
    3. I have the intake pushed back from the head, engine on tdc. (hopefully, I am going to do more research to make sure) header needs a little more wd40 to break from the exhaust. I just cant find a good diy to slip the timing belt off. Anyone have a good link to one?

I have been taking a ton of pictures I would add them but being this is my first post I havent figured out how to post them yet. I will post them soon.
    Last edited by marinemp1978; 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM.

I bought a rebuilt head for a Civic from one of those eBay seller. I think it was $275 with shipping.
    It was OK looking from out side. But, I found that couple of valves were not tight seal. So, I removed all of valves and inspected. Replaced some and lapped other valves before installation onto the block.
    A&P-IA

Comment

couple pics of valve I bent

my car

Thanks for the info. Any thoughts on just replacing the one bent valve(is it something I can do easily) or advice on slipping the timing belt off to remove the block?
      Last edited by evil_demon_01; 06-19-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

There's this site called ericthecarguy.com that has all kinds of tutorials for working on cars. He has a downloadable video manual for servicing the timing belt on these cars. It costs $15.99 but well worth it because it is very detailed in every single step. You'll definitely see how to take off the belt in this video.

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/vmanua...cement-vmanual

Comment

Are the pics you posted of when you had just removed the valve cover? Because your rocker assembly isn't bolted all the way down.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
            Are the pics you posted of when you had just removed the valve cover? Because your rocker assembly isn't bolted all the way down.
            I took the picture before I re-tightened everything down again I believe.

Originally posted by Flyingsheep View Post
            There's this site called ericthecarguy.com that has all kinds of tutorials for working on cars. He has a downloadable video manual for servicing the timing belt on these cars. It costs $15.99 but well worth it because it is very detailed in every single step. You'll definitely see how to take off the belt in this video.

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/vmanua...cement-vmanual
            I was actually going to buy the video and replace the timing belt after I figured out how to get the head off. Figured id just do everything now instead of later. This isnt my dd so I have plenty of time to get all of it done.
            Last edited by evil_demon_01; 06-19-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...5&postcount=20

If you didn't follow a tightening sequence like the one in the diagram, it might not line up right with the valves

Its from this thread post #20

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...5&postcount=20

If you didn't follow a tightening sequence like the one in the diagram, it might not line up right with the valves

Its from this thread post #20
                Yes I know that. Thats why I bent the valve in the first place, I tightened down the assembly while a rocker wasnt seated correctly and it bent the valve. THE PICTURE ABOVE IS WITH THE ASSEMBLY LOOSENED.

Comment

ok, wasn't sure if you tried that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMXAZSec18Y
                  ^this timing belt video looks close only its a vtech

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                    ok, wasn't sure if you tried that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMXAZSec18Y
                    ^this timing belt video looks close only its a vtech
                    Good video! I wasnt going to do the belt until after I get the block off and back from the machine shop. I am just wondering whats needed to slip the timing belt off so I can get the block off for right now.

Comment

I know you can definitely slip it off, by removing the distributor and rocker arm assembly and lifting the left side of the camshaft. Putting it back on is something else

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=89983

I was going to try and change my camshaft like that, but Im just going to change the timing belt at the same time, as well

Comment

I bought a reman head from ebay... Worked like a champ until a weak valve decided to snap and destroy my entire engine. Sadly i just misses out on the warranty by 3 weeks

Comment

What would be the best thing to do with the head I have right now?

Comment

Remove and send it to your local engine shop for overhaul.
                            A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                              Remove and send it to your local engine shop for overhaul.
                              I second this. Just find a shop that has a good reputation. Yelp or Google will have ratings on them. And describe exactly what you need done.

Out of curiosity, how did you bend the valve? Just a freak accident?

Comment

Working...
                              X