Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

slammed problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the Neuspeed super cup kit on the bottom perches. At that time I had no camber kit in the front. Which sucked. Ate a set of tires every 5000 miles.

I just try to give people good advice and try to convince them not to do anything that will wreck their car, get them hurt or get someone else hurt.

Comment

This is where I'm sitting at right now on 17s.

Comment

I'm diggin the license plate...

Comment

Hell, that's not too low! Not much lower than I was. Most people don't call that slammed btw.

I was expecting this:

On to help you instead of criticize you. You should not have any issues with CV shafts due to their angle. It might need new CV shafts as the current ones might just be old and worn. A camber kit in the front will also give the CV shafts more natural geometry. You could benefit from some stiffer struts though such has Koni yellows. Being that low with soft struts you will bottom out a lot on bumps and such. That will also help out drastically with the front upper control arms hitting the wheel wells.

To be clear which are you using? You said "full body" but I just want to be sure on what you meant.

These? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-RACING...14f58f&vxp=mtr

Or These? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Adjust...5adf95&vxp=mtr

If you are using the EZ coilovers you are likely experiencing them being to soft. For the $700 you could have had Koni yellows and almost had Ground Control adjustable coilover springs which you would have fell in love with. Plus get a very performance oriented suspension set up and the look you want without a lot of the things you don't like.
          Last edited by H311RA151N; 09-11-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Well I'm recently in the same boat and I can't help but think our cars simply were not meant to be lowered. I just finished putting my setup on so everything is brand new:

Tein Super Streets coilovers
            New upper/lower tophats/bushings/rubber mounts
            SPC 3.0 camber kit (front)
            Ingalls angled arm camber kit (rear)
            1 set of rims = 205/40/17 tire on a 45 offset 17" rim
            2 set of rims = 215/45/17 tire on a 35 offset 17" rim
            3" exhaust under the car

My goal = no wheel gap. So far, not possible with any of these rims. Too low and all four corners bang on the upper control arms, there is also spring slap, creeking, etc.

I can have the front fender cut open and a piece welded in but the issue I have is with my rear wheels rubbing and the upper control arm banging. AND I still have a 2 finger wheel gap or more.

I'm thinking my plan of action (and yours) would have to be fender rolling and cutting a hole for the upper control arms in all four corners. I wouldn't worry about the axles. But you will always have the issue that other cars do not have which is that our exhaust runs under the oil pan and is the lowest part of the car.

Any suggestions for spring slap in the rear anyone?

Comment

No wheel gap is a tough one for the CB chassis. It kinda stinks.

I never had any issues ever on the cars side. The piss poor roads here and such? Yes. But it was never the cars fault and I never once had a control arm slap or a CV shaft issue.

I think this was due to the R&D on Neuspeed's part. They made it as low as they could without issues. But, that's not low enough for some. Personally I can understand people wanting to go until there is no wheel gap. It looks good.

Comment

I have a decent drop running koni yellow with H&R race springs on the second perch. I have maybe 1.5 finger wheel gap. I never experience banging or suspension noise. Ingals camber kit up front, body shims and longer bolts out back for camber correction. My tires are 205-55-R16 so we should be in around the same ball park Raf99, other than your offset and wheel width are different than mine.

I also have energy suspension poly bushings, I think Raf99 does too...
                Last edited by wildBill83; 09-11-2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post

I never had any issues ever on the cars side. The piss poor roads here and such? Yes. But it was never the cars fault and I never once had a control arm slap or a CV shaft issue.

I think this was due to the R&D on Neuspeed's part. They made it as low as they could without issues. But, that's not low enough for some. Personally I can understand people wanting to go until there is no wheel gap. It looks good.
                  Yep. I would be ok with any of these looks...

But while I have the same tire size with a top of the line suspension setup I have this, with rubbing, problems & issues.

So I give credit to those who are lower. I guess they have really nice roads or their rides are scraping, bumping, junking, and clunking.

Comment

what i currently have done to my cb is bought the skunk 2 ef camber arms, that prevents me hitting the inner wheel well. YES i have alot of negative camber but i also married the ingalls anchor camber kit to the skunk 2 arms and im sitting on 16x8 +15 offset wheels, total negative camber is 2. I myself thought about making a .125-.25 spacer for each motor mount to have a lil more clearance. i have 2 1/2 exhaust pipping. yes i do scrap especially in the streets of houston. i have seen a couple of houstonians that have low cb's make a skid plate, doesnt look good imo but there are diff solutions just got to find out what works best for you

Comment

I'm happy where I am at, a bit less than one finger. Rear UCA banging? I've never heard that one but I guess it's possible. External bumpstops may alleviate the sound of the banging.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Hell, that's not too low! Not much lower than I was. Most people don't call that slammed btw.

I was expecting this:

On to help you instead of criticize you. You should not have any issues with CV shafts due to their angle. It might need new CV shafts as the current ones might just be old and worn. A camber kit in the front will also give the CV shafts more natural geometry. You could benefit from some stiffer struts though such has Koni yellows. Being that low with soft struts you will bottom out a lot on bumps and such. That will also help out drastically with the front upper control arms hitting the wheel wells.

To be clear which are you using? You said "full body" but I just want to be sure on what you meant.

These? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-RACING...14f58f&vxp=mtr

Or These? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Adjust...5adf95&vxp=mtr

If you are using the EZ coilovers you are likely experiencing them being to soft. For the $700 you could have had Koni yellows and almost had Ground Control adjustable coilover springs which you would have fell in love with. Plus get a very performance oriented suspension set up and the look you want without a lot of the things you don't like.
                        The ez street series has dampening control I'm riding on 5 clicks which by megan is supposed to be used for "aggressive riding" and for the track.
                        I would like to upgrade the suspension to something better honestly.
                        I'm almost positive that it's bottoming out. Cause it's at its lowest adjustments it could possibly be at. I'm going to raise it a little bit so I don't completely ruin the coils before I can get a new set. Thanks for the info on the cvs.
                        I've been bullshitin on an alignment cause I want to get my suspension half way decent in my eyes so I don't tweak it and have to spend the money all over again for one.

Originally posted by sepulveda87 View Post
                        what i currently have done to my cb is bought the skunk 2 ef camber arms, that prevents me hitting the inner wheel well. YES i have alot of negative camber but i also married the ingalls anchor camber kit to the skunk 2 arms and im sitting on 16x8 +15 offset wheels, total negative camber is 2. I myself thought about making a .125-.25 spacer for each motor mount to have a lil more clearance. i have 2 1/2 exhaust pipping. yes i do scrap especially in the streets of houston. i have seen a couple of houstonians that have low cb's make a skid plate, doesnt look good imo but there are diff solutions just got to find out what works best for you
                        I have 2 and a half piping as well. I hit a hard bump at night that I didn't see on the highway and it broke the welds on bracket from the header to the back of the block
                        So now it hangs extra low. I fixed the leak that it made but I havnt gotten around to fixing the bracket.
                        I also have the ingalls camber kit so I'm hoping when I put them on my tire won't rub as much over bumps.

I have absolutely no wheel gap in the front and I'm trying to keep it that way.
                        I didn't have a problem with the arms slapping until it was tucking.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        I'm diggin the license plate...
                        Thanks man. I was surprised noone had it here in Va
                        Last edited by Jarrett; 09-15-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

In the lower right-hand section of each post of yours is an option to edit your previous post. If you're the most recent previous poster, then just edit your previous post with your new information.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            In the lower right-hand section of each post of yours is an option to edit your previous post. If you're the most recent previous poster, then just edit your previous post with your new information.
                            Thank you. I will make sure to keep up with that.

Comment

Honestly it's not too hard. But then again I cut open my shock towers...

Adjustable anchors for camber in the front
                              Function Form Type 1
                              800lb 8" Eibach springs in front w/ 1 lock collar only
                              Rear with original spring and 2 lock collars.

Drives great...

Comment

^^^ That color ... is beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X