Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fiberglass moonroof???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fiberglass moonroof???

Hey wats I'm ify bout this one my homie told me to replace my class moonroof for a fiberglass one is it true

Anything can be possible with time and money!! hehe

Why would u do that tho... for weight reduction?
    My ride

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154423

Comment

Originally posted by Puertorican CB7 View Post
      Anything can be possible with time and money!! hehe

Why would u do that tho... for weight reduction?
      i dont kno why would he would do it i dont think it would be necessary

Comment

Originally posted by Javi-jav
        Yea weight to much pounds like bout 60 pounds o so
        that would be a god idea to change it to fiberglass

Comment

weight reductions always good

it seems like a good idea but youd have to make sure that all gaps and spaces are covered to prevent leaks! i still think a moonroof is nice though!

Comment

Are you turning your Accord into a race car?
            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Just take out the sunroof? That peice of glass dosent weigh 60 pounds lol

Comment

you're better off just leaving it unless you are building a race car. it's not a ferrari, it's a 20 year old honda.
                90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Looks more like your just pushing posts - 11 new threads today alone.

Originally posted by Javi-jav View Post
                  Hey wats I'm ify bout this one my homie told me to replace my class moonroof for a fiberglass one is it true
                  Is what true?

Why would you want a fibreglass moonroof, instead of a glass one?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    Why would you want a fibreglass moonroof, instead of a glass one?
                    x2! If it was fiberglass you couldnt see out of it! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Just take out the sunroof? That peice of glass dosent weigh 60 pounds lol
                      Between glass , tracks, and trim , the motor to move it , it weighs around 50-60 lbs witch is not much when your looking for weight reduction ..

I mean easiest fix for less weight would be to put a his and hers sunroof in instead of the mechanical one you have now , that would be less than half the weight and still functional ... but in my honest opinion your wasting your time unless you are really tryin to get that 3 tenths of a second gain tops out on the track .
                      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

I'm trying to convert it to a pop up with the slant like the civic do to give it that aggesive look I have a 2.5" drop in front and a 2" in the back

Comment

Working...
                        X