Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seat Swap List: Compilation of Seats That Work in the CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Swap List: Compilation of Seats That Work in the CB7

Hey all, I was wondering if you could help me in this little project we're gonna get started here. a lot of members on this site have been asking what seats work in the CB7. Yes, there is that thread with the seats that work, but it only showcases what people have gotten to fit, and only a few of them have the fitment issues discussed. Some answers are out there, but again, there scattered and even the answers sometimes are unsure of themselves.

As a result, I'd like to ask for the help of all the fellow members here on CB7tuner to help compile an ORGANIZED list of seats that can swap into the CB7. Since the main concern of the questions i see that are asked are whether or not the seats suggested can just be bolted in or if they need to hack or in some way modify how the seats are mounted (particularly the seat rails, or whatever they're called), the proposed list organization method will be separated by what can directly bolt into the cb7 (minor swapping of parts from the cb7 onto the new seat to make it bolt up will be included in this category, as long as they are simple swappable parts) and what would need modification of the rail system or whatever (modifying the rails, drilling new holes, welding, the more involved stuff).

PS: one particular concern i also came across was involving coupe rear seats. the rear seat is different from the sedan seats, so please be sure to note whether or not the seat must be from a coupe or sedan version of the donor car to fit into either the cb7 coupe or sedan.

For example, and i'm probably wrong with this but its just for clarification, you will need the 5th gen rear seat off a COUPE to replace the cb7 COUPE'S rear seat.

so... in the list please note

*EXAMPLE*
    COUPE rear
    1) 5th gen accord/94-97 accord COUPE rear

so the format for the entries will go:

1) (Year, Generation) (What car) (Sedan or Coupe) (Front or Rear)

*SO HERE'S WHAT I NEED YOU TO DO: I will do my best to regularly check this post, and i ask that whoever has done a successful seat swap that you reply to this post with an entry in the same format as above. This entry i will edit into the seat swap list. You may also choose to include pictures as well and I will put those up in the list as well, as visual reference. And for those who will read the thread, you may also provide some details into how you went about installing it, the process you took. So there will be the list as a general overview, and YOUR POST as a detailed description of the seat and how its gonna work. Please keep questions about what seats fit in the CB7 to a minimum, because I am doing this thread to ADDRESS THAT PARTICULAR QUESTION.

PSS: For seats in the "requires modification" list, those of you who will be creating an entry for this section, please provide a general description/list of what needs to be done to get it to work (this will be put alongside the seat in the general overview list), and then in your post provide a detailed description of the process.

PSSS: I remember reading that the acura legend seats, i forgot what year, only a couple of the bolt holes line up with the cb7. please note this in your reply, since I want to make sure people know that this seat doesn't bolt in all the way. I will include this seat in the "bolt-on" section, but I will also asterisk (*) it just to make sure people are aware of this issue.

YOU ALL READY!?!?!? LET'S DO THIS!

SEAT SWAP LIST: COMPILATION OF SEATS THAT WORK IN A CB7

Bolt-On: This section includes seats that can be swapped directly and securely into the cb7 with little to no modification. The seat can be installed into the car without having to modify the seat rails or drilling new holes for new mounting points. Minor swapping of parts, such as brackets may be necessary, and will be noted next to the seat.

Seats marked with an * are seats where not all the mounting holes line up, and are only bolted in by a few bolts. You may choose to bolt these up with only a few bolts, or figure out a way to mount them securely, by drilling new mounting holes. Install these at your own risk.

FRONT SEATS

SEDAN Front
    1) 91-95 Acura Legend Sedan/Coupe Front*
    - Note from member, TheNextEpisode:
    You may choose to wire up the electronic parts of the seat as well. Here is the DIY which covers both installation and the wiring.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...gend+seat+swap
    *note from me: these do actually require some drilling, but i feel it is straightforward enough to merit being in here. no bending of metal, just drilling straight down for the new holes. the DIY will explain more.

2) Acura Vigor Sedan Front
    3)

COUPE Front
    1) 91-95 Acura Legend Sedan/Coupe Front*
    - Note from member, TheNextEpisode:
    Acura Legend COUPE front seats would be preferrable for the coupe, due to the mobile-passenger-seat for rear passenger entry/exit. You may choose to wire up the electronic parts of the seat as well. Here is the DIY which covers both installation and the wiring.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...gend+seat+swap
    *note from me: these do actually require some drilling, but i feel it is straightforward enough to merit being in here. no bending of metal, just drilling straight down for the new holes. the DIY will explain more.

2) Acura Vigor Sedan Front

REAR SEATS

SEDAN Rear
    1)
    2)
    3)

COUPE Rear
    1) Acura CL 97-99 Rear *NOTE: Seat cushion can be installed securely. backrest is pressfit only, otherwise modding will be necessary*
    2)
    3)

Requires Modification: This section includes seats that can be swapped into the cb7 with heavy modification. Heavy modification includes, but is not limited to, modifying the seat rail system (cutting, bending, stacking the new seat rail onto the old seat rail...?, etc.), drilling multiple new holes for mounting points, and welding things.

FRONT SEATS

SEDAN Front
    1) 90-93 Acura Integra Front
    - Note from member, Noxidea:
    remove seat belts and replace it with the seat belt receiver from your accord seat (2 Bolts)
    Cut off the mounting spots on the Integra seats so there is nothing but seat rails
    Cut the mounting hole flanges off the bottom of the accord seats,
    Put the Integra seats into the car and center them on there tracks,
    Tack weld the Accord small flanges onto the Integra seats in the proper places
    Throw some bolts in to make sure they all line up,w
    Pull the seats out and finish off your welds,
    Bolt the seats back in and check it out

2) 92-96 Honda Prelude Front
    Link to DIY: http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ead.php?t=8803
    3)

COUPE Front
    1) 90-93 Acura Integra Front
    - Note from member, Noxidea:
    remove seat belts and replace it with the seat belt receiver from your accord seat (2 Bolts)
    Cut off the mounting spots on the Integra seats so there is nothing but seat rails
    Put the Integra seats into the car and center them on there tracks,
    Tack weld the Accord small flanges onto the Integra seats in the proper places
    Throw some bolts in to make sure they all line up,w
    Pull the seats out and finish off your welds,
    Bolt the seats back in and check it out
    2) 92-96 Honda Prelude Front
    Link to DIY: http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ead.php?t=8803
    3)

REAR SEATS

SEDAN Rear
    1)
    2)
    3)

COUPE Rear
    1)
    2)
    3)
    Last edited by P5ylance; 03-22-2011, 10:07 PM.
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20158

its a sticky

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

yeah, i know it is, and that's what i was referring to. I read through the whole thing, and I am STILL UNSURE as to what fits into the accord, and what fits WITHOUT modification. so I wanted to create this thread to have a more organized approach to this question, so that people who prefer having a list that tells them what works as opposed to a string of replies where here and there theres an answer (but maybe unsure of itself) muddled amongst many questions. Kinda like reading a history book before a test, would you rather read the chapter, or the chapter summary?

just wanted to make this less of a headache for people trying to search for answers. I know that thread is there, but it is disorganized (the answers are scattered throughout the thread, but sometimes the answers aren't really stated confidently). the concept was great, but it kinda didn't work out as planned, IMO. so I wanna refresh this topic, but with a different approach.

Comment

Yay! Please some of the Guru's chime in on this i would like to know as well.

Comment

COUPE Front
          1) 91-95 Acura Legend Coupe Front*

Change the format as you wish, but I think that's the idea. I'm not 100&#37; sure about the years, although I am about 98% sure. My pair was from a '94. I would think it would be for the bolt-on section, but I suppose it could go in the modification section, if you consider the potentially unnecessary wiring worthy of the 'requires modification' designation.

Obviously the Legend Coupe seats are preferable for the Accord Coupe, due to the mobile-passenger-seat for rear passenger entry/exit. I would tend to think that the Legend Sedan seats would fit in the Accord Sedan in a similar manner, but that's only speculation.

Here's a link to my writeup. If you wanted, you could make the entry in your list a hyperlink to the DIY.
          Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 03-08-2010, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Modification needed ... 90-92 dont rememeber year exactly , Teg Seats , remove seat belts and replace it with the seat belt receiver from your accord seat (2 Bolts)

Cut off the mounting spots on the teg seats so there is nothing but seat rails

Put the teg seats into the car and center them on there tracks,

Tack weld the Accord small flanges onto the teg seats in the proper places

Throw some bolts in to make sure they all line up ,

Pull the seats out and finish off your welds ..

Bolt the seats back in and check it out ..~@@~

From This :

To This :

So much nicer ..
            Last edited by Noxidea; 03-08-2010, 06:24 AM.
            Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

dum sick
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Noxidea View Post
                Modification needed ... 90-92 dont rememeber year exactly , Teg Seats , remove seat belts and replace it with the seat belt receiver from your accord seat (2 Bolts)

From This :

To This :

So much nicer ..

looks dope

Comment

Originally posted by Noxidea View Post

From This :

To This :

So much nicer ..
                  Your car looks exactly like mine now lol, ( the inside i mean )

Got any pictures of the seat rail swap?
                  Last edited by Tippey764; 03-08-2010, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I have a question, is the front seat layout the same in both the coupe and the sedan? like would this seat work in both the accord coupe and sedan front?
                    Last edited by P5ylance; 03-09-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

it be nnice if everyone wasnt qouting the images. but i like your idea, the other thread left me unsure of certain things, i like the integra leathers

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

the integra leathers look hella nice in there... I'm looking for CL seats though, that's my personal question.

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                          I have a question, is the front seat layout the same in both the coupe and the sedan? like would this seat work in both the accord coupe and sedan front?
                          Coupe seats fit sedans and vice versa. So to answer your question yes they are the same.

Comment

wow the tegra seats look fuckin hot! i heard bout it bein done but wasnt too sure. thanks for the advice!

Comment

@tippey764: ah okay cool, thanks for clarifying! now i can post front seat options in both sedan and coupe sections confidently i was a little unsure if it worked like that or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X