Tax Returns 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a kid I can claim?!

Never get very much back. But I was told about a schoool credit that I may receive. Meh
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

tax money coming early=)

Just got my tax money back, 40 000,- NOK about 7000,- USD. So happy right now!!! Any suggestion to what i should use them on?

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Comment

I'm expecting $750 , since I only made $9k this year as an on-call.
        Not bad though it's free money.

One thing I hate for this year is they removed the Making Work Credit which can add atleast $300 to the return.
        I could have made $1G easy if it was still in effect. However , EIC is still in effect so I'm not totally complaining.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

as of now, im getting back ~$1300, but im going to amend mine because i for some reason forgot to add my thousands in medical bills from last year.. hopefully ill get a bit more back, but either way..

i AM going to change my exemption to 1 as opposed to the 0 it is now so i wont get as much taken out of my checks.. ill have more of my own money in my hands and less for the government.. having the "refund" every year was fine when i was younger, but nowadays, id much rather have more cash year round..

Comment

dunno yet, just got my W2 last friday so haven't filed yet, but if its like last year I'm expecting around 1k, I am single and make too much money lol, made about 60k this year

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
              as of now, im getting back ~$1300, but im going to amend mine because i for some reason forgot to add my thousands in medical bills from last year.. hopefully ill get a bit more back, but either way..

i AM going to change my exemption to 1 as opposed to the 0 it is now so i wont get as much taken out of my checks.. ill have more of my own money in my hands and less for the government.. having the "refund" every year was fine when i was younger, but nowadays, id much rather have more cash year round..
              I concur...i want my money now not at the beginning of the next year.
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Just filed with turbotax. Federal $700, which all of it will be going towards bills.

State like $250 and some of that will be saved. For what, I'm not sure yet.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                  I only got 400 but anything is better than paying in.

Everyone loves the thought of getting a check back from the government at tax time. It's a psychological thing.

By getting money back at tax time, you have given the government an interest free loan. I know that $400 might not seem like much, but think of what you could have done with that money over the course of a year through investing. Yes, the market is slow moving right now. However, you still could have used that money to help you gain more, rather than lending it to the Fed with 0 interest.

For those that are getting thousands back, it is even more ridiculous. I know that sometimes there are changes that happen where your beginning of the year deductions don't line up with what actually happens, but these are few and far between.

Finally, like others have said, even if you are not going to invest that money it is still better to get in now rather than later. Your landlord doesn't give two shits what your return is going to be a year from now, they just want their money today.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

darnit.. i just found out the guy that has been doing our taxes for the past decade just passed away of an aneurysm. Great guy and he'll be missed.

now we have to look for a new person.

woah hold on a minute... we get back less from State if we use the E-file?
                    Last edited by Leung; 01-25-2012, 01:45 AM.

Comment

i got almost 6 grand.. just one baby,, but i had them take alot out and i wrote sum stuff off,, i bought a 03 cbr 600rr.. i posted it up 2day

Comment

I am only getting around 900, paid in nearly 9000..........
                        Last edited by almostJDM; 03-04-2012, 01:52 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                        1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread
                        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

my taxes are completely fucked, for having lived in 3 different places and having 4 different jobs across the last 3 years.

<rant>

2 years ago i filed using netfile. my federal went, but my provincial didnt go thru, because of some code you need in this province. called for the code, but couldnt get it because i didnt speak french. ended up not filing my provincial. each one was about $500

last year i tried to file using the same method. got all my codes and tried to include the previous years provincial taxes that i missed. the program said I would owe the government a little over $1000. I decided not to file online but take my taxes to a professional. Before I had the chance, I was sent away on a military course and ended up not filing.

This year the military sent all my tax and other confidential papers to an old address. I gave them my new address 3 times since my last move, and they cant get their shit together. I had to contact the government to get copies of my missing documents, and now I have to file for this year and last, plus my provincial from 2 years ago, and because I was undertaxed the past 2 years, I will likely end up owing about $3000

</rant>

funny, if they owe you, they'll never say a word. if you owe them, you'll never hear the end of it

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Filed online with turbotax. Jointly with my wife and my 2 year old daughter. Got about 2800 or so. Was in my account in 8 days after filing. 90% of my refund is gone now though. Needed an emergency delivery of heating oil for the house. Payed down some bills. Wife payed off her lawyer for an accident she had about 6 years. Owell, just need to save some money from my checks so I can buy stuff that I need.
                            Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

Working...
                            X