Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

vemon 400??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry i do not know any german what so ever. even tho i lived in germany for like 4 and half years lol

Comment

Hindi ko pa sinabi very much sa Aleman. Ako ay gumagamit ng maraming iba't-ibang mga wika.

Comment

umm ok???? please help me what is FITV

Comment

ok look at this i found this at team-integra.net

This is mostly for high and roaming idles but may work for low idles as well.

First, terms:

TB - Throttle Body
          IM - Intake Manifold
          IACV - Idle Air Control Valve (also called the Electronic Air Control Valve or EACV)
          FITV - Fast Idle Thermo Valve
          TPS - Throttle Position Sensor

I finally got the swap (b18a) in my civic but unfortunately when I started it up it idled at 3k. Then when it warmed up it had a hunting idle from 2k to 2500 rpm. I stood over that thing for 3 days, testing and scratching my head. On top of that I did a TON of searching on the h-t, hybrid boards, and on G2IC. I hope what is contained within helps someone. Maybe they wont have to go through as much work as I did.

The idle on our Hondas is a tricky thing. It is controlled by two main sensors: the FITV and the IACV. The FITV is a mechanical valve that is controlled by coolant temperature (there is no ECU plug to it). When the coolant is cold the valve is open and letting air into the IM through a hole in the TB before the throttle plate. This essentially creates a small vacuum leak which in turn lets the motor idle higher than normal (supposed to be around 1500-2k for warming up). As the coolant warms up the valve closes and no longer lets air in through the hole in the throttle body. All the while the IACV, which is ECU controlled, is letting small amounts of air into the IM through another hole in the TB. Any amount of extra air the ECU is not expecting will confuse it and you will get either a high idle or a roaming/hunting/fluctuating idle. On to the troubleshooting.

First things first, don't skip any of these steps. From what I have read (and experienced) usually small dumb things cause these problems so don't overlook anything. Also refer back up to the pictures if need be.

1) Check your vacuum routing. On the underside of your hood there should be a vacuum diagram. If there isn't a diagram under there, there is one in a Helms, Chiltons, or Haynes manual for your car (you should have one of these anyway). Remember, ANY extra air will confuse the ECU. Check for cracked or bad vacuum hoses. If in doubt just replace the hose, they are cheap.

The PCV valve could also be the culprit. Take it out and examine it. If it is cracked it could be causing a vacuum leak. Replace the peice if you arent completely sure it is ok (the helms/chiltons/haynes manuals tell you how to check it).

2) Check to see that your throttle plate is closed all the way. Take your intake off at the TB and check to see that nothing is blocking the plate. If nothing is in the way and it isn't closed all the way, loosen your throttle cable.

3) Check to see if the nuts holding the TB and the IM on are tight, this was the source of my idle problem. If they are loose, tighten them.

3.5) Check the Idle screw. Its on the top of the TB right next to the red vacuum line in the first picture. Its a flat-tip screw and most TB's have it epoxied over. If your screw is not epoxied over try adjusting it.

4) Bleed your coolant. Some air bubbles may throw the FITV off and keep the valve open.

5) Take the 3 10mm bolts out of the FITV (you don't have to take off the coolant lines). Then take off the 2 8mm bolts off the plate on the back of the FITV. Once the plate is off you will see a white plastic thing, screw that all the way in. This causes a TON of people's hunting idle problems (it's a source of a vacuum leak). Put the FITV back on and start the car up. If it still idles bad go on. Here is a writeup on the FITV. {Jacksont001 note: it is located below}

6) Clean the IACV screen(s). See Oz's write up on G2IC. {Jacksont001 note: it is located below}

7) Make sure your car is completely warmed up. With it running, take the intake off the TB. There are 2 holes right in front of the throttle plate, these are the holes that feed the IACV (top hole) and the FITV (bottom hole). With your finger, cover up the bottom hole (it should NOT be sucking if your car is warmed up). If the idle goes down the FITV is to blame, either get a new one or take it apart and screw the valve completely closed (I have only read of people doing this, so I don't know exactly how. Also, you will have to keep the engine speed up yourself when the car is cold).

Next cover both holes up with your fingers. The car should sputter and die (or almost die). If it does then the source of your crappy idle is the IACV. Replace it. If you want you can test the IACV. Shut the car off and put + battery voltage to the blk/yel terminal (on the valve) and momentarily touch ground to the blu/yel side. When doing this the valve should click, if it doesn't, replace it.

If, when covering both holes the car still has a high idle, you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Again check the IM and TB nuts. You can spray carb cleaner around those areas and if any gets sucked in (the engine will rev) you have found your leak. Another source of vacuum leaks are where the FITV and IACV connect to the IM. Either replace the gaskets or use silicone gasket sealant.

8) If nothing has worked you should test your TPS. Probe the middle wire on the TPS plug (with the key on but not running, and the plug still connected to the sensor) with the + probe on the volt meter, and the neg probe to ground. You should have .5v with a fully closed throttle plate and 4.8v with it wide open. If the TPS is off, replace it. My TPS was .425v to 4.55v and it idles fine now so I don't know how big the margin of error is. Also, it is pretty rare for these to go bad.

9) If, still, nothing has worked you might want to try a new ECU. This also is very unlikely, but worth a try.

10) If it still idles bad, go through the steps again.

It was a pain to have this mysterious problem and very little info on how to go about troubleshooting it. The idle problem is a real PITA because there are so many things that cause the same result (the hunting idle). When I had this problem I read through a ton of posts over at Honda-tech describing the exact same problem but when I PMed them, they all had different fixes. I hope this covers all of the possibilities. If I skipped over anything PLEASE let me know

Comment

We are not the ones supposed to be looking. We are the ones that know these things (the ones trying to help.) Have you narrowed it down yet?
            Testing your knowledge and your wits.
            Need 10th anniversary wheel center caps. PM if you have them

Comment

I've answered all your questions. I even stated what the FITV is, as well as where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Vįlvula de ralentķ rįpido Termo

Es una parte de su cuerpo del acelerador. Deberķa haber un tornillo de latón que usted puede dar vuelta muy cuidadosamente.
                See? Right there. Explained quite clearly.

Comment

Hindi ko pa sinabi very much sa Aleman. Ako ay gumagamit ng maraming iba't-ibang mga wika.
                  Na gawin! Akala ko hindi ikaw ay nagsasalita ng Tagalog kahit na! Ayos.

Sorry, I had to.
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

aller Sie sind, der dumme stumme weibliche Hunde ist !

Comment

See? Right there. Explained quite clearly.
                      haha only a select few on here know german...maybe said clearly in german but i have know idea what he said haha

Comment

Kjo nuk ėshtė nė gjermanisht. Disa nga ajo, por disa nga ajo nuk ėshtė. Unė kam pėrdorur gjuhė tė ndryshme rreth 6 deri mė tani.

Comment

Originally posted by $KAT3R_rc View Post
                          hello every1 im new here!! i like to ask some questions

first would tha venom 400 be a great buy on mi honda accord 1993 lx. i have a short ram and catback on it right now but i want little more power?

second instead of doing anything else to it jus buy a freakin turbo?

third or lol sorry jus buy a performance h22a1?
                          from this site-http://www.jazzproparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=H22AAUTO and buy tha lsd tranny umm tha lsd tranny is automatic right? cuz i got auto

i just really dont know i kinda like tha vemon 400 tho sounds like its worth tha buy. i dont even know how to hook it up if some1 could tell me that would be awesome.

or should i buy a h22 head and put it on mi f22a1? and to hook that up i need some type of vtec contoller but i dont know where to buy from.

thx yall
                          There are places to find better quality motors for a lower price. Try jdmenginedepot.com or hmotorsonline.com.

Welcome to the site
                          IridiumCore
                          HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
                          Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Comment

The conversation has progressed well beyond the first post.

Comment

Kjo nuk ėshtė nė gjermanisht. Disa nga ajo, por disa nga ajo nuk ėshtė. Unė kam pėrdorur gjuhė tė ndryshme rreth 6 deri mė tani.
                              haha i kind of figured that when i went to google translation and put in what you last said and it didnt give me anything in english ha...how the hell do you know albanian...or did you use good ol' google translation..haha

Comment

I love languages My Albanian is a little rusty, though. Klevis would probably correct me (alb_accord)

Comment

Working...
                                X