Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Megan headers. Has anyone ever owned them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megan headers. Has anyone ever owned them?

I've been looking for a good, easy upgrade and I'm really considering new headers. I'm wondering if any has or has tried Megan headers.

If you have let me know how they were. Did they installing easily? Did the boost performance at all? Anything.

Thanks a lot!

i have em and their good for the price, way better then some generic ones off of ebay just make sure to try and use RTV sealant on the gasket that connects to the down pipe, and as for performance if you have the f22a4 you wont really be able to tell but it helps a little.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

Originally posted by motobmx105 View Post
      i have em and their good for the price, way better then some generic ones off of ebay just make sure to try and use RTV sealant on the gasket that connects to the down pipe, and as for performance if you have the f22a4 you wont really be able to tell but it helps a little.
      Sweet! Yeah I noticed they were a super good price too. I bet they look a lot better then that cast header on the stock f22a1. I'm pumped. I think I'm getting them

Comment

Megan really isn't that much different from the generic ebay ones. Basically, that's all megan is... a generic knockoff ebay company.

No cheap header is going to give you much of a gain in horsepower. If you want a gain, you have to shell out the cash for a Bisimoto header. Anything else is really just for looks.

Comment

they are okay for the price, as said before. they will also give he exhaust a slightly different tone, but thats any header replacing a stock manifold....

Double post FTL

Comment

It's the stupid software... I don't know why.

That, or it's Firefox. Every other post of mine is a double!

Comment

I just put a Meagen header and downpipe in my lude. I had an ebay header and downpipe in there before. The Megan header is a bit better. The flanges are thicker. I heard the only real problem is where the downpipe has that mount welded on the pipe bout halfway down. That attaches to the back of the block. It tends to break off. So I just leave it unattached. The sounds is a bit smoother and deeper than the ebay brand. The flex pipe seems to be of better quality on the Megan as well. I also use a Remflex gasket where the header bolts to the downpipe. Ive had a leak there with there gaskets they send you. Remflex gasket seems to be holding up. Oh and the Megan racing stickers have givin me atleast 5 Hp. lol.....
              Last edited by kirk90; 02-16-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk90 View Post
                I heard the only real problem is where the downpipe has that mount welded on the pipe bout halfway down. That attaches to the back of the block. It tends to break off.
                mine broke. got a temporary fix on it for now til my bisi header arrives.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

the flanges come pre-warped for all your gasket blowing needs.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Sorry to thread jack but how do the bisimoto header sound/perform?

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      the flanges come pre-warped for all your gasket blowing needs.
                      amen . Had one for a month then trashed it, leaked after what seemed one day trip (~80 miles) . Sure it looked decent... and was cheap... but lets be real, i doubt i picked up any real amount of power for the money spent (besides of course the 25hp and 50 ft lbs according the butt dyno placebo effect lol )
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
                        mine broke. got a temporary fix on it for now til my bisi header arrives.
                        Mine too, and i just picked it up, broke the welds off the top of the DP and was loud as shit, not to mention smelly. Took it off, welded steel plates on it, threw it on with no bracket, vwalla.

Comment

Originally posted by Austintizzzle View Post
                          Sorry to thread jack but how do the bisimoto header sound/perform?
                          amazing.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Same as everyone else the welds broke off the little back of the block brackets , so i took it off welded on patches .. worked fine but when I did stainless catback i replaced it with a Greddy header ... but it was decent other than that one spot ..
                            Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

that little bracket never even came close to fitting on mine. it was quite a few inches from the block lol
                              90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Working...
                              X